TM 30 question

Apologies in advance if it was asked before.

I have a screenshot of TM 30 from a few months ago of the same house I live at the moment, during this time i did a visa run to Laos (single entry tourist visa) and soon the 2 months will finish so I'll need to extend for 30 days in the immigration. can i use the same TM 30 screenshot paper? or do I need arrange a new one with my house owner?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, webber4 said:

...during this time i did a visa run to Laos (single entry tourist visa) and soon the 2 months will finish so I'll need to extend for 30 days in the immigration. can i use the same TM 30 screenshot paper? or do I need arrange a new one with my house owner?

Don't follow..

So you have a SETV and require a 30 day extension.

What was the point of a visa run ? 

What immigration office are you obtaining the 30 day extension from. 

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It is your problem.

No it is not. Show where it says it is.

The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

We as farang notify our residence by TM47 every 3 months. Pure and simple.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Go argue with immigration next time you are looking for (eg extension) at immigration office.n

Have done many times where IO's try to circumvent the rules only for them to back down. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't need to show, you already did "housemaster, possessor, or manager" .

But you ain't the 'housemaster, possessor, or manager' you're just the farang that is told to jump when immigration tells you to. Grow some.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

You obtained a single entry Tourist visa from the Thai Consulate in Savannahket and on entering Thailand you were granted a stay of 60 days.

In that case, you should have filed a new TM30.

okay, thank you for your reply, I'll talk to my house owner to arrange a new one. it was the thai embassy in Vientiane, actually.

Edited by webber4

10 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You obtained a single entry Tourist visa from the Thai Consulate in Savannahket and on entering Thailand you were granted a stay of 60 days.

In that case, you should have filed a new TM30.

No that is completely wrong. it is the responsibility of housemaster/apartment/condo/etc owner to fill out the TM30

'Liquorish' is giving out false information. He's changed the wording of his quote to suit his own ends.

My quote below.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, 2long said:

Yes, it's the obligation of the landlord... until the passport holder wants something done at an immigration office.... and gets sent away

Can you give an example? Nah, I didn't think so.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No that is completely wrong. it is the responsibility of housemaster/apartment/condo/etc owner to fill out the TM30

'Liquorish' is giving out false information. He's changed the wording of his quote to suit his own ends.

NO.. he didn't change anything... you just failed to comprehend who is ultimately responsible to ensure that one has a proper TM-30 on record at IO... and in doing so are giving out half assed advice.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

NO.. he didn't change anything... you just failed to comprehend who is ultimately responsible to ensure that one has a proper TM-30 on record at IO.

No I haven't. I've been here 18 years and not once have I, and many others, had to submit a TM30.

• Confused 2

The TM30 Thailand reporting form must be completed by the landlord of the unlicensed property the foreigner is renting. This must be done within a 24-hour period of the guest’s arrival. This can especially affect property owners who are renting their homes to visitors for short and long term rentals.

The actual legal definition of the law in Section 38 of the Immigration Act of 1979 is:

“Landlords and leaseholders that receive a non-immigrant resident on their premises, have a legal obligation to report that individual to Thai immigration; this report needs to be completed within a 24-hour period of the non-immigrant resident’s arrival.”     https://herorealtor.com/simple-guide-to-tm30-thailand-immigration-requirements/

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Can you give an example? Nah, I didn't think so.

Well, every time I go into immigration for something like a re-entry, if I don't have the TM30 in my passport, they send me home.

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

Well, every time I go into immigration for something like a re-entry, if I don't have the TM30 in my passport, they send me home.

What kind of idiot carry's on going to IO knowing full well that if he hasn't got a TM30 in their passport he'll be sent home. Doh

And what's a re-entry permit got to do with a TM30?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Can't you people understand that you're being taken for idiots? Immigration know full well that your average Thai won't pay 500 Baht every time a farang stays at their accommodation and he doesn't report the fact? It's much easier for IO to scam farangs than to chase Thais for money. Wake up.

Landlords need to file the TM30 Report at the start of the tenancy. If the landlord fails to file the report, they are subject to a fine of between 800 and 2,000 THB.

Not the Farang

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What kind of idiot carry's on going to IO knowing full well that if he hasn't got a TM30 in their passport he'll be sent home. Doh

And what's a re-entry permit got to do with a TM30?

Sounds like there's an idiot here on the forum.

A re-entry permit is something that immigration provide.

My first post in this thread was to say that although it's the house owner's responsibility to do the TM30, the foreigner can suffer if needing to go to immigration for anything FOR EXAMPLE a re-entry.

Therefore, the TM30 is required for re-entry. That's what it's got to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

My first post in this thread was to say that although it's the house owner's responsibility to do the TM30, the foreigner can suffer if needing to go to immigration for anything FOR EXAMPLE a re-entry.

If the farang knows his rights then he needs to stand his ground instead of letting IO walk all over him.

• Confused 1

A tenant with a rental contract is a "possessor" and has an obligation to do TM 30 when required.

When I put a new tenant in a condo I do the TM 30. No problem. For me to be responsible for a TM 30 when a tenant comes and goes during the tenancy is ludicrous. How would I know his movements?  Even if I did what happens if I am not in Thailand at the time?

I understand that some IO's are a bit pedantic about requiring an owner to do TM 30, but tenants can do the TM 30 with a copy of the house book and rental contract. I know because I have tenants who have done it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

A tenant with a rental contract is a "possessor" and has an obligation to do TM 30 when required.

When I put a new tenant in a condo I do the TM 30. No problem. For me to be responsible for a TM 30 when a tenant comes and goes during the tenancy is ludicrous. How would I know his movements?  Even if I did what happens if I am not in Thailand at the time?

I understand that some IO's are a bit pedantic about requiring an owner to do TM 30, but tenants can do the TM 30 with a copy of the house book and rental contract. I know because I have tenants who have done it

exactly>
PLUS you can always do it online from wherever you are when a new tenant checks in 

i registered as house possessor with unloading the owners id card an house book online

Property owners in Thailand must register all Non-Thai Nationals living in their property. Let's put it this way, it's the owner that will be fined, so the overall responsibility is with the owner.

A must read         https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/#:~:text=Property owners in Thailand must,responsibility is with the owner.

DrJack54  is wrong in his posts about TM30's

20 hours ago, 2long said:

Yes, it's the obligation of the landlord...

But the landlord does not need anything done at immigration. It is your headache to realize that you have travelled 10,000 miles to live in a foreign land because you cannot live a decent life in your home country. 

• Confused 2