Thaksin freed on parole and returns to Ban Chan Song La residence

webfact

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The whole thing is carefully orchestrated theatre. The face mask, the neck-brace, Paetongtarn being in the car with him, the time of release at 6:09 which has a meaning of 'moving forward' according to the Thai media. 

I don't believe for a moment that he has ever been ill. I'm not sure if I believe he has even been in the hospital for that time either.

You simply can't trust these people. They are duplicitous, greedy, corrupt liars. 

Everyone lies, everyone takes money that isn't theres. What planet do you live on?

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Didn't know there was an Isaan in South Thailand, because that is where you live according to your posts

I had no idea that you could not read, understand or comprehend what people write.

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

Great news! My wife and her entire village are celebrating. Everywhere are red flags and flags with the image of Mr. Thaksin. Everyone is wearing red today to express their happiness.

Here in Issan people know when it's time for a party. 🙂

My wife is praying for Mr. Thaksin to replace the current PM asap and give back more to the lovely Issan folk.

☺️

If you had read it correctly and carefully you would see that he was talking about his wife

My wife and her entire village are celebrating. Everywhere are red flags and flags with the image of Mr. Thaksin. Everyone is wearing red today to express their happiness.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Everyone lies, everyone takes money that isn't theres. What planet do you live on?

Certainly a different World from yours, where none of that is considered normal or acceptable.

Thankfully. 

Hope that clarifies. ☺️

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Certainly a different World from yours, where none of that is considered normal or acceptable.

Thankfully. 

Hope that clarifies. ☺️

So you never stole any ice cream? Never took a pen from work? You must be perfect :clap2:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, uttradit said:

So you never stole any ice cream? Never took a pen from work? You must be perfect :clap2:

That’s how it starts.

Next thing you know, you are killing and disappearing human rights lawyers, overseeing the extrajudicial killings of thousands of innocent people, and commanding an armed militia to burn commercial businesses in central Bangkok. 

Where does it end? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That’s how it starts.

Next thing you know, you are killing and disappearing human rights lawyers, overseeing the extrajudicial killings of thousands of innocent people, and commanding an armed militia to burn commercial businesses in central Bangkok. 

Where does it end? 

You must be perfect then

:clap2:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Only killed 5 or 6. Go easy.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The thing that gets me in this forum is how farangs take sides in Thai politics. All Thai politicians are bent especially the ones in senior positions. I married into a large family outside of Korat. Believe me when Yinluck was PM they had some sort of future. When the Army took over illegally they hit rock bottom. Let Thaksin become PM again and  if he's not up to the likening of the Military then we will be back to the cretins from the Army to take over again.

• Thumbs Up 2

February 9, 2001: Thaksin becomes Thailand’s 23rd prime minister. His government becomes Thailand’s first elected government to complete its four-year term (Feb 17, 2001 – March 11, 2005).

February 6, 2005: Thai Rak Thai records a landslide win, sweeping 377 House seats, and becomes the first party to form a one-party government.

March 11, 2005: Thaksin becomes the prime minister for the second time.

Thaksin’s parole gives ammunition to his critics: Key events in his political life (nationthailand.com)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:
3 hours ago, billd766 said:
8 hours ago, mfd101 said:

It's what's called a coup d'état: his state of being has had a sudden buck up.

Actually a coup d'état is when the military usurp power and take over from the elected government in power as happened in 2006 to Thaksin. It also happened to his sister, Yingluck in 2014.

Another term that could be used in place of a coup d'état is treason against the state.

Expand  

Never heard of irony? Never heard of puns?

There was no irony, and certainly no puns, in your comment.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no irony, and certainly no puns, in your comment.

A translinguistic pun: état/state (of being).

And the irony was at Thaksin's expense (sigh).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

The thing that gets me in this forum is how farangs take sides in Thai politics. All Thai politicians are bent especially the ones in senior positions. I married into a large family outside of Korat. Believe me when Yinluck was PM they had some sort of future. When the Army took over illegally they hit rock bottom. Let Thaksin become PM again and  if he's not up to the likening of the Military then we will be back to the cretins from the Army to take over again.

Most hate Taksin or Trump. Why hate anybody? Hate is a sign your life isn't fun and therefore you are looking to blame somebody else.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it did not.  She was not Prime Minister at the time of the 2014 coup!

Yingluck was Thailand's first female prime minister and its youngest in over 60 years. She was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision!

I know!  She was removed by the Constitutional Court before the coup took place and at the time of the coup Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan had replaced Yingluck as caretaker prime minister. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it did not.  She was not Prime Minister at the time of the 2014 coup!

I suggest others see my post and link below above for clarification!

I suggest that you try to understand who was actually PM at the time of the coup...it was not Yingluck!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mark131v said:

I really don't hate Thaksin he is just another sad old hypocrite who will be dead soon, the establishment have already neutered him and he has paid for the privilege of returning by betraying his supporters and country. He is beneath contempt 

I do dislike the way the Thai people are being treated by their establishment and the way they have been indoctrinated to just accept it. I also dislike the complete disregard for the rule of law shown by the establishment and I find it embarrassing so God only knows how educated Thai's feel about it

I would say the establishment should be ashamed but unfortunately I don't believe they know the meaning word...

Yet you choose to move from the west to a terribly run country in Thailand. So bad millions visit every year.

• Haha 1