Makha Bucha Arrives This Saturday with Nationwide Alcohol Sale Ban

webfact

22 hours ago, atpeace said:

The trend line growth is almost vertical and excluding a world wide recession it will hit 50m in the next 10years

Thank goodness no tourist worthy of the name would dream of coming to Surin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Thank goodness no tourist worthy of the name would dream of coming to Surin.

Lived in Buriram for a couple years.  Not many tourists but lots of xpats. I enjoyed the open spaces but like a little more variety of landscape.  Now living in a much smaller "local" tourist town with the occasional foreign  tourists passing through.  Might be the most spectacular place I've called home and sense it is only a matter of time before more tourists find it.  To really experience it you have to be healthy and adventurous but even the domestic type find it appealing with a claimed 5 star hotel opening a few years back and many other new nice hotels.  Went for a run today up lava rock hills and swam in a pristine swimming hole in the middle of a slab of lava rock.  Nobody but me to enjoy it but I occasionally take along my beautiful wife   Life can be hard at times but the vast majority of days here don't suck!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MarkT63 said:

Nah, tried it for a day once a few years back and it just didn't agree with me 🍻

It is relaxing and fun at times also.  I don't know why it so easy for me to quit.  I joined an AA group years ago and I got the vibe other members thought I was a fake alcoholic or alternatively just didn't like me.  I guess I'm lucky possibly...

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

They want loser drunks here, not smart sophisticated visitors. The tourist industry is setup to keep people transitory, drinking & fornicating.

The alcohol sales bans are used to keep the locals peaceful.

Whoah, terrible news, is there a fornication ban as well? I mean with no booze, a fornication ban, how am I to pass the day? Model Railway may get some attention l suppose!

Or have I misunderstood something?

Would some kind soul tell me which way the plot went?

14 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They were being extremely silly.

Silly & inconsiderate as this behaviour is regularly repeated.  All about are young children & workers.  I long for the days when they return to their oil platform for another stint at working (presumably without alcohol.)

On 2/20/2024 at 10:11 AM, gomangosteen said:

New Zealand has four no-alcohol days each year, I've never heard any whines about the impact on their tourism

Wow, will not ever visit New Zealand now.

• Thumbs Up 1