Historians rank Trump as worst president

Social Media

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not disputing that. The US is however the world's richest nation with the most advanced medicine. Trump has been credibly called out for contributing to deaths.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/10/us-coronavirus-response-donald-trump-health-policy

More deaths have occurred since Biden took over and vaccines normally take 5 years to produce and if people are anti vaccine that's their choice. The US has a big obesity problem and covid largely killed obese and or the elderly.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Dolf said:

What criteria did they use? Was it objective data or subjective opinions? What makes these random people experts? Who are they? What have they achieved in life? If they are just random historians making subjective comments then their views are no better than a movie reviewer. A lot of my favourite films did not win an Oscar and plenty of boring films did.

A question answered by a load of disconnected questions/statements does not an answer make!

Especially since I did not ask you!

Any chance of you allowing the person I asked the question of to provide a  responsible and/or appropriate answer to the question?

Edited by scottiejohn
correct who I was answering to!!
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Those are countries that do not have the best healthcare system. US does have the best healthcare system in the world and yet had the most deaths among peer countries because of poor leadership. 

The US has a poor healthcare system which favours the wealthy. Most deaths were due to obesity, underlying conditions and age. The US did not rank in the top 10 for deaths per million.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

A question answered by a load of disconnected questions/statements does not an answer make!

Any chance of a responsible and/or appropriate answer that answers the question?

Your response contains no appropriate information or any facts on how they decided this opinionated nonsense.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

More deaths have occurred since Biden took over and vaccines normally take 5 years to produce and if people are anti vaccine that's their choice. The US has a big obesity problem and covid largely killed obese and or the elderly.

What, exactly, did Biden do which caused unnecessary deaths? It is their choice, you are right. They made their choice following their personality politics and far more people in red states died than blue states. The Trump factor. You don't have to be antivax to vote for trump for all antivaxxers do.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, rudi49jr said:

They are not random people, they are historians, from across the political spectrum, Democrats as well as Republicans. Even among just the Republican respondents, Trump was scored last. Does that tell you enough about how bad a president Trump was? 

It says a lot about their biases and nothing about actual objective processes. The opinions of historians means nothing. They don't even know how long humans have been on the planet. They don't know if god exists or not. They don't know much at all.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

What, exactly, did Biden do which caused unnecessary deaths? It is their choice, you are right. They made their choice following their personality politics and far more people in red states died than blue states. The Trump factor. You don't have to be antivax to vote for trump for all antivaxxers do.

So you are just making a rant about Trump and ignoring the actual death toll. Makes your opinion just as pointless as these random historians.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Dolf said:

What criteria did they use? Was it objective data or subjective opinions? What makes these random people experts? Who are they? What have they achieved in life? If they are just random historians making subjective comments then their views are no better than a movie reviewer. A lot of my favourite films did not win an Oscar and plenty of boring films did.

Let me ask you something: if Trump had come in first place, would you still be asking the same questions? A simple yes or no answer will suffice. 

Edited by rudi49jr
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

The US has a poor healthcare system which favours the wealthy. Most deaths were due to obesity, underlying conditions and age. The US did not rank in the top 10 for deaths per million.

deleted.  Wrong poster!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Your response contains no appropriate information or any facts on how they decided this opinionated nonsense.

Why are you jumping into a question which I have specifically asked of another poster who has not yet replied.

Start your own topic or thread!

Please do not try and drag me into your rantings!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Let me ask you something: if Trump had come in first place, would you still be asking the same questions? A simple yes or no answer will suffice. 

These rankings are just complete nonsense. Impossible to compare across eras given how society changes so rapidly and all wars, economic downturns and other societal shifts.

• Confused 1

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Why are you jumping into a question which I have specifically asked of another poster who has not yet replied.

Start your own topic or thread!

Please do not try and drag me into your rantings!

You quoted me and made a posting which made no sense.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Vaccines were offered free and the health system was mobilized to combat and save life from covid. Trump just need to lead but he failed with his mix messaging on vaccine and made deliberate efforts to undermine Covid response. That poor leadership underscored his ranking as the worst president.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

You quoted me and made a posting which made no sense.

Poster's of only one day's standing normally take life gently until they have read themselves into the forums!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Vaccines were offered free and the health system was mobilized to combat and save life from covid. Trump just need to lead but he failed with his mix messaging on vaccine and made deliberate efforts to undermine Covid response. That poor leadership underscored his ranking as the worst president.  

12 countries had a higher covid death rate. Go point the finger at them. If you can't then you are just making an anti Trump rant with no accountability.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:  They ranked Biden above Reagan. They ranked Obama above Eisenhower and Clinton.   Yeah, I'll trust this group. I guess they hated the 2% inflation, low gas prices, peace treaties, and elimination of ISIS. 

#############

If you are implying that the orange clown had anything to do with that you're badly deluded.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The ranking system was based on Presidential achievements, leadership qualities, failures and faults. Society changes and blah blah blah are not factors in their ranking method. 

So not on any objective factors which makes these worthless opinions from people trying to make a headline which is the modern way of news. Tabloid news.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Those are the countries that dont have the same health care infrastructure as USA and also don't have the resources to purchase the vaccines promptly. Those are facts. 

Not true at all. Several advanced nations with modern healthcare. Spain, Norway, Australia and Israel did worse than the United States.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You can’t get more objectives than achievements, leadership qualities, failures and faults. Your argument is not sound. 

All subjective statements. If you don't know the difference between subjective opinions and objective facts then your argument is not worth reading.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1