Full steam ahead on LGBTQ rights in Thailand, new gender identity law ordered by PM

webfact

2 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Philippines still a safe haven and will never turn woke.

Better move there quickly.

The country also ranks highest in the region for LGBT social acceptance—according to a 2021 global index—and it’s made significant strides over the years toward greater inclusivity and equality.

https://time.com/6290762/philippines-pride-lgbt-discrimination-sogie-equality-bill/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Conspiracy theory garbage.

There has been an organic grass roots movement in Thailand for sexual minority equality for decades already.

Coincidence theory BS.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows what the WEF and it's unelected billionaire membership is up to.

Hint: nothing benefiting Thai or any other society.

06b83a93bcdcac187d93d2db9f356cd2.webp

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, VinnieK said:

While at it, how about some human rights for the dreaded farang?

If they approve gay marriage then you can marry your boyfriend too. Not sure about gay buffaloes being sick though.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man has his priorities all out of whack, i can think of dozens other much more important issues to take

care off concerning most Thai people but he pushes for LGBTQ rights to 'advance rapidly'...

Voters my friend, voters.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man has his priorities all out of whack

Nope, I think he his just a bottom of the barrel demagogue: 

• Buy the votes of the poor with a 10000 Baht tip,
  • Buy the vote of the rich making their buggery respectable,
  • etc..
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Nope, I think he his just a bottom of the barrel demagogue: 

• Buy the votes of the poor with a 10000 Baht tip,
  • Buy the vote of the rich making their buggery respectable,
  • etc..

He appears to be the best PM Thailand has had this century.

Just now, Ben Zioner said:

You mean all the others were just underneath the $hittank?

This guy conducts himself well. Not sure why you hate him. Maybe you are just used to throwing mud at people without knowing much about them. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

This guy conducts himself well. Not sure why you hate him. Maybe you are just used to throwing mud at people without knowing much about them. 

Sorry, just peed meself, gotta dash to the dunny.

Edited by Ben Zioner

They love to be the first at things.

I bet it is just a back door way to increase tourism. People in these groups are often financially fairly well off, so the potential dollars I bet are more important then the government actually claiming they are accepting them.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

'significant part of the population' surly you're not serious here, how many of the 72 millions 

Thai citizens are  of the LGBTQ persuasion that you're calling them 'significant part"?

For all we know maybe he's or others close to him are somehow connected to the LGBTQ comunity that

he's pushing so hard to legalise now...

Both male and female types of same-sex sexual activity are legal in Thailand, and same-sex marriage rights within the nation are pending legalisation. About eight percent of the Thai population, five million people, are thought to be in the LGBT demographic.  {Wiki}

That's 5 times more than any country of corresponding size to Thailand
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, huangnon said:

He is following the orders from his globalist bosses after his little trip to the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, last month.

Yes, of course LGBT rights are part of a global conspiracy! We are so lucky that you and QANON are on the ball to warn us of this development by the WEF and Hillary's cabal of lizard people. Make sure you put extra foil over the windows tonght so they can't track you down for spilling the beans.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

It comes as same-sex marriage legislation is currently making its way through parliament. The law is likely to be passed making Thailand the first country in Southeast Asia to do so. The promotion of LGBTQ rights is seen as a key priority for the PM.

I can't wait to see the first "test case" of the actual 'inclusivity' of the new laws recognizing LGBTQ+ rights as applied to marriage and inclusive equality as applied foreign biological males who identify as females and then marry a Thai male, and then wish to obtain a visa/extension as a foreign woman married to a Thai man, or for that matter, a foreign male married to a Thai male.  Why - because my guess is that the laws seeking to protect inclusivity and equality will end up being openly discriminatory towards foreigners. 
It will force the issue of gender identification equality.  Regarding those biological foreign males who identify as females and are protected under the law - as a female - then they should be able to enjoy the same benefits of a foreign woman married to a Thai male, i.e., there are no financial requirements for a visa / extension based on married.  If the Thai government than states that the inclusivity laws don't apply to foreigners, or in the case of married, are not extended to foreign transvestites identifying as females and married to Thai males?   The only way the new laws will fly is if the new laws explicitly do not apply to any foreigners.  But then - well, then the new laws will be an exercise in hypocrisy which will draw international ire. 

I see a can of worms about to be opened.  Let the fun begin. "Game on!"

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man has his priorities all out of whack, i can think of dozens other much more important issues to take

care off concerning most Thai people but he pushes for LGBTQ rights to 'advance rapidly'...

He has a problem, though, with most of the things he needs to change being against what the military and Anutin support.  

Also most of their plans is falling apart.

How was that wage hike before the new year?

The wallet is dead.  He has been given an out but can't take it.

The constitution reform is dead also, as the military will not allow changes.

The powers that be do not want the chagnes that PTP want.  They never have adn never will.

PTP is in power only because the military needed them for the numbers.  Thaksin coming back was the reward for being a military puppet.

BTW I am hearing talk about LGBTQ just as I am hearing talk about liquor changes and Marijuana bills.  NOTHING has happened so right now all these things are just talk. 

2 hours ago, Dolf said:

If they approve gay marriage then you can marry your boyfriend too. Not sure about gay buffaloes being sick though.

I was referring to the status of farangs as second class citizens...

We need some rights too.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Millions? Just how many gay people do you think exist in Thailand?? and out of them what percentage would actually consider marriage AND have a partner who would too? I have no problem with gay marriage, but I don't think it's an urgent immediate national priority. I don't know if that's part of the law, but talking about "recognizing all genders" is worrisome because we know how crazy that turned out in the west. Thailand ladyboys are at least sane - they know they are men - no illusions like the psycho ones in the states who look like a man in a dress, insist you address them as "ma'am", and will attack you like a man if challenged about it.

Awww, did a gay boy hurt you in Amerika?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1