Thai Cabinet rejects gender recognition bill, citing crime concerns

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai Party MP Teerachai Saenkaew expressed his opinion saying the extreme law could lead to problems such as deception or harassment.

Oh yes coz it's only gays that deceive, Heterosexual Thais would never deceive a sole.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly... 

I saw on the internet a women wanting to identify as a dog...

Maybe she would use Rover on her ID card?

Well in Thailand no matter if your change your name twice a day, your ID number stays the same as does your sex.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

What is it doing to the West?....other than being a distraction for the hard of thinking from the failure of rightwing governments.

You really need to look up what right wing means. The UK has a Tory government which is as left leaning as Tony Blairs government was. Being a real Conservative or Republican is not Right Wing same as loving your country isn't right wing. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Kinglizard said:

They demand EVERYONE must CELEBRATE their sexual choices and situations.

For myself and most modest Thai people, this "In your face" confrontational attitude is objectionable. 

Can you share a few examples where you've encountered people "demanding" you celebrate their choices? Do they accost you on the street? Do they really get in your face? How often are you "confronted"?

This seems odd, a side of Thailand I've neither experienced nor seen referenced anywhere.

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Sex is binary gender is whatever the current trend says it is

Yes, people find it hard to differentiate between the biological (sex) and the social identity (gender).

With few exceptions your sex is a given. You are born with it. A few people are born with physical characteristics of both sexes.

Your gender identity was once thought of as being the same as your sex, but that was in smaller, less complex, more rigid societies than exist now almost anywhere in the world. In the modern world gigantism & complexity keep opening up freedoms of identity and action much greater than was available to, say, our parents or grandparents. Like many things in life, that has good and less than good consequences ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

The way I see it, the basic and universal problem is that the legal distinction between male and female humans is itself a discrimination on the basis of sex, a discrimination between men and women. Eliminate that distinction and all problems are solved.

Separate sports competitions, for example, have been mentioned and possible problems arising if a man choses to identify as woman and enters a competition for woman. If you have competitions for humans instead of separate competitions for men and women, no problem arises. Has anyone ever seen separate races for male and for female horses or dogs or mice, etc? (Don't mention cock fights or the animal rights activists will come after you 🙂

FYI there are many horse races that are only for fillies , or colts and geldings.      

I am not well versed on mouse racing...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

FYI there are many horse races that are only for fillies , or colts and geldings.      

I am not well versed on mouse racing...

Thank you. I didn't know that. It shows that I'm not betting on horses.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly... 

I saw on the internet a women wanting to identify as a dog...

Maybe she would use Rover on her ID card?

Yea I Id as a Pitbull And my lady friend ID's  as Miss Piggy ,My neighbor Id's himself as a Stallion.

What a Zoo. 

Only Male & Female ID's 

• Love It 1