Irish mobster dodges law with escape to Thailand

snoop1130

On 2/23/2024 at 6:42 PM, AlexRich said:

I don't think Thailand is a safe place for high profile criminals on the wanted list. The Kinahan crime family have supposedly fled Dubai, so that might not be safe either. 

Cambodia might be a safer place to operate? Ronnie Biggs the great train robber fled to Brazil and got a woman pregnant, and he was allowed to stay. He came back when old age caught up with him and died in a care home after a spell in prison. 

A life on the run is no life at all. 

There is Nowhere to Run. Maybe the remote Amazon. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jack West Jr said:

The procedure to follow seems obvious . Arrest this scum and extradite him . 

I think they are so concerned about EU data privacy rules that the Irish police don't know their names either. So how can they extradite them?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, arick said:

Can you be a big mobster by your 20s?

Anyone with access to British TV and is currently watching the drama "Kin" on the BBC will know that this isn't far-fetched at all.  The Irish know a thing or two about gangland crime and family feuds.

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

I think they are so concerned about EU data privacy rules that the Irish police don't know their names either. So how can they extradite them?

Those who need to know, will know their names.  You can be sure of that.

18 hours ago, rwill said:

The photo is of the person that was murdered, not one of the brothers.

Correct.  This is Keane Mulready-Woods who was 17 when he was murdered.

Police release Photograph of Teenager, Keane Mulready-Woods, who was Decapitated and Dismembered in brutal Irish Gangland Murder - Lucipost

More information on the murder in Belfast of one of those suspected in the killing of the teenager.  These people mean business.  

North Belfast: Murdered man was 'suspect in teen's killing' - BBC News

Keane Mulready Woods.JPG

Edited by IslandLover

1 hour ago, geisha said:

So, no names and no photos ? How come ?

Nope.

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Nope.

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Nope.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yeah thats the name i came up with 

his accomplices got some jail time ... for cleaning up the crime scene , etc. 

Yeah scroll up for the wikipedia link I posted.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:38 AM, Ralf001 said:

Khun Boss attends most F1 races, whats your point ?

'Irish mobster dodges law with escape to Thailand'.  I was commenting on the irony of criminals dodging the law by taking advantage of RTP's ineptitude and eye for baht.  RTP supposedly applied for a red notice from Interpol.  The 1st application was in Thai or bedevilled with errors.  In the mean time the brat's long list of charges has been whittled down to ONE which will expire soon proving you can get away with murder (even of a policeman) if you have enough money.  If he's so visible at so many races why has Interpol not picked him up?  It's almost as if RTP's application never went through.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the relevance of that?

The headline 'Irish mobster dodges law with escape to Thailand'.  I was commenting on the irony of criminals dodging the law by taking advantage of RTP's ineptitude and eye for baht.  RTP supposedly applied for a red notice from Interpol.  The 1st application was in Thai or bedevilled with errors.  In the mean time the brat's long list of charges has been whittled down to ONE which will expire soon proving you can get away with murder (even of a policeman) if you have enough money.  If he's so visible at so many races why has Interpol not picked him up?  It's almost as if RTP's application never went through.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Almer said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only if he's an overstayer.

How does the BMW with its fancy camera detect an overstayer?

I've no idea, technology, perhaps, but why would "the BMW with its fancy camera" have any interest in him?

4 hours ago, mikebell said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's the relevance of that?

The headline 'Irish mobster dodges law with escape to Thailand'.  I was commenting on the irony of criminals dodging the law by taking advantage of RTP's ineptitude and eye for baht.  RTP supposedly applied for a red notice from Interpol.  The 1st application was in Thai or bedevilled with errors.  In the mean time the brat's long list of charges has been whittled down to ONE which will expire soon proving you can get away with murder (even of a policeman) if you have enough money.  If he's so visible at so many races why has Interpol not picked him up?  It's almost as if RTP's application never went through.

"RTP supposedly applied for a red notice from Interpol".

No "supposedly" about it, they did and it was issued. 

Bangkok Post - Interpol posts fugitive Red Bull scion 'wanted' notice

"...proving you can get away with murder (even of a policeman) if you have enough money".

Gawd...Vorayuth has an outstanding reckless driving traffic offence to answer, not a murder charge.

"If he's so visible at so many races why has Interpol not picked him up?"

Interpol does not pick up anyone, Interpol is not a police force, it is an inter-governmental organisation and he is not wanted, nor has committed any offences in any of those countries.  Interpol provides advices to member police forces and those agencies decide who gets arrested in their respective countries.  Red Notices are advisories, not demands or instructions.

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  Because RTP have been known to work with Interpol on many occasions and Thailand, being an Interpol member, is automatically advised.  Where has it been reported that Interpol is involved, though?

It hasn't been, and I didn't mean to imply that they weren't, all I'm saying is that since Thailand is not a real democracy, and since elections are ignored, it's very likely they are going to hold Thailand at a very high level of disregard, and not consider the request to be particularly important, nor earnest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It hasn't been, and I didn't mean to imply that they weren't, all I'm saying is that since Thailand is not a real democracy, and since elections are ignored, it's very likely they are going to hold Thailand at a very high level of disregard, and not consider the request to be particularly important, nor earnest. 

Thailand's reputation or general political stance is irrelevant in this case; if Interpol was to be involved it would have be at the request of the Irish authorities, not Thailand.  Regardless, Thailand is a member of Interpol, its requests would not be treated as unimportant.

Edited by Liverpool Lou