Maybe Thailand should follow Korea and be more selective of expats/tourists

webfact

6 hours ago, retarius said:

I would certainly like to see far fewer farangs here. Maybe they could jack up the 800K in the bank for inflation over the past 20 years....it might make it 2 million and jack up the income required to 200K per month, and then treat the people here much better than now and stop this vile overcharging for farangs. 

I'm alright Jack.

Pathetic,selfish post.

Considering that this person does not exist (Google the name), we hear the same whine (no cheese, please, Lactose intolerant).  The facts are that almost very country in the world screens SE Asians going to their home country.  You should see the hoops and things a Pakistani has to go through to get to Canada.  Once they are through and get a visa it can still be taken away from them at the airport if there is a possible issue.

Unfortunately, Thai ladies are prime for jobs as Massuse on paper.  Then they end up working as prostitutes or in sweatshops giving  good-time massages.

It is o different than the Lao, Burmese or Cambodian women that come here and end up working near walking street or soi BuKaow. 

The difference is that SK is able to check women coming in on planes.

Canada does the same thing to people coming in who do not have a valid reason for the visa or a sponsor.   

Also consider what happens if someone is caught working in Thailand.  

Thailand is tourism-generated and has no other real source of income, so they have to let people in.  What they should be doing is checking the people that are staying on multi 90-day visas for income.

What complete crap the op is. Hey Wanchai, why don't you get a  job!

Or hey why don't you become a politician, you sound like one! Or here's a modest proposal, stop the thumb sucking and bed wetting and why don't write next week about how Thai people should vote for you because you are here to save them from these racist mysogynist draft dodgers! Draft dodgers?!  Oh, I suppose they should just go and be slaughtered on the battlefields of Ukraine to help the Black Rock Investment group up their 13% direct control of the Ukrainian economy, right?! As MP and leader of the new Wanchai Hates Foreigners party you propose to Thai people   just round up the scumbag draft dodger foreigners and put them in re-education prison workcamps, just like in North Korea that'll learn 'em! Out of the draft dodging frying pan and into Wanchais's Infierno!

23 hours ago, webfact said:

visa-running, draft dodging, racist, mysoginistic sexpats we let in. 

Dear oh dear, this is the most  stark example of most adjectives there!

On 2/27/2024 at 7:00 AM, webfact said:

Thailand should go the path of Korea and be more selective of the visa-running, draft dodging, racist, mysoginistic sexpats we let in. 

Uh huh

Korea gets heavy on Thai nationals for the same reason  Japan & China do. They see many as not tourists but immigrants, illegal immigrants in search of jobs. Taking jobs from the locals. However the Thai Examiner true to its core values, pull s up “disrespecting Thailand”. A catch all phrase that Thailand has used since post Tom Yum Gung 97 economic meltdown to great affect.

Suddenly it is DISCOVERED that western tourists & expats are the racist & mysoginistic ones. If Thailand can do little about Korea, and by extension China & Japan. They can refocus locals attention & ire on westerners. Moreso as tourism from China suffers another grim year due to their economic meltdown post Wuhan which shows no sign of stopping. This is a very good tactic. Admitting that you blew with the Sino-Slavic tourist push is too truthful. Best to go with what you know; deflection, blame, & fakery.

Yawn.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Because Thailand is anti-Western and increasingly anti-American specifically. Thaksin has been solidly pro China/Russia. And Thailand wants to join BRICS. People don't want to admit it, but Prayuth followed a much more nuanced and balanced foreign policy. 

Thailand is neither of those things and you saying it is doesn't make it so. Thailand was issuing Russian passport holders with a VOA long before Thaksin was voted in. It was not a policy of his. There were very few countries offered VOA to Russian nationals back then and so Thailand became a holiday destination for them and has continued to be one. There was a time when roubles were coming into the country in briefcases and holdalls and then being spent in Pattaya. 2/3 of all the properties sold at that time were bought by Russians. Why would the government change their policy and stop that? To please some keyboard warrior foreigners who are exempt from voting yet who think that their opinion on all things political in Thailand actually matters? "Our" voice is neither needed or appreciated. I suspect you already know that though so I'm not sure why you're banging that drum. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Sad 1

Yes, too man old fart expats I see when I walk around who look grubby and who don't give a care in the world. Funny thing is, it's always the caucasian white dudes that are those types. Full of those types everywhere in the Pattaya/Jomtien area. I've yet to see asian grubby expats, they are usually clean and don't look like slobs.

Also get rid of those dodgy dodgy agent bribing types who don't have the money to qualify for a retirement visa too. Time for Thailand to do a purge.

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 1

30 days on arrival with a possible 15 day extension from Imm' for tourists up to 3 times a year.

Organize Imm' so 2 days overstay alarm bells start to ring.

Start having some "real" checks before any form of NON Imm visa is issued.

It is time to get tough or Thailand will end up as the "human excretment capital of the world".

But until you cannot "buy" your visa (& I don't mean the 800,000 Bht in a bank) it is impossible to 

stop the "bad eggs"

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

30 days on arrival with a possible 15 day extension from Imm' for tourists up to 3 times a year.

Organize Imm' so 2 days overstay alarm bells start to ring.

Start having some "real" checks before any form of NON Imm visa is issued.

It is time to get tough or Thailand will end up as the "human excretment capital of the world".

But until you cannot "buy" your visa (& I don't mean the 800,000 Bht in a bank) it is impossible to 

stop the "bad eggs"

I remember having to jump through a few hoops for my Non-O (in the UK)......CBR, ACRO (?)....is that not the case elsewhere?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been saying this for years. 

Start soi Buakaow, loads of trash there. 

I was down there late this morning, what looked like 3 Scandinavians (one with a prosthetic leg) walking down soi Buakaow in the middle of road, harassing road users. 

Another guy, elderly, no helmet riding his pcx yelling out yeehaaa. 

Happy chappy but surely affected by drugs. 

I reckon same guy I saw yesterday walking in the middle of road being hostile, abusing road users. 

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been saying this for years. 

Start soi Buakaow, loads of trash there. 

I was down there late this morning, what looked like 3 Scandinavians (one with a prosthetic leg) walking down soi Buakaow in the middle of road, harassing road users. 

Another guy, elderly, no helmet riding his pcx yelling out yeehaaa. 

Happy chappy but surely affected by drugs. 

Talking about soi Buakhao and surrounding areas, lots of waankers crossing the road without looking without a care in the world. So many times these waankers have nearly gotten run over by motorbikes or cars because of their selfish idiotic ways. Get rid of those trash who don't bother looking before crossing. Ban them from coming to Thailand.

Edited by bbi1
  • Agree 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:14 AM, John Drake said:

What are the differences? I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just interested to know how you think the average tourist to Malaysia acts differently than the average tourist to Thailand. I know some laws, such as those regarding homosexuality, make a difference. But what else do you see?

They hate atheists  too

Blasphemy is a crime in Malaysia, although technically, atheism is not. Apostasy is also not a federal crime, however, the nation's state-run courts do not typically allow Muslims to officially leave the religion, and they can receive counseling, fines, or jail time.[2] Ethnic Malays are also legally required to identify as Muslim, and the law codes of Sharia are "developed and implemented at the state level", according to the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom.[3] In 2016, Prime Minister Najib Razak, denounced atheism, secularism, liberalism, and humanism as threats to "Islam and the state". He also stated that "we will not tolerate any demands or right to apostasy by Muslims".[2] In response to an August 2017 meeting in Kuala Lumpur of members of the Malaysian chapter of the Canadian organization Atheist Republic, government official Shahidan Kassim declared that atheists would be "hunted down", attributing their beliefs to a lack of religious education. The Malaysian government started a crackdown not long afterwards to find if Muslims had any role in the incident. This response was criticized by both the founder of Atheist Republic, Armin Navabi, as well as some Malaysian Muslims.[4][

• Like 1