Use Taylor Swift disappointment to fuel Thai soft power

webfact

Strettha really must be a dope...how he managed to build a billion dollar business is beyond me....maybe corruption and graft gave a little assistance.

But IMO, Thailand needs to clean up the air...pollution would drive people like Swift away.....then there's corruption...police incompetence....human rights abuses, eg:jailing young people for years for upsetting certain people...deporting Uyghur back to China to ascertain future..then never enquiring as to their health. There are so many reasons big names avoid Thailand, Cambodia and other despot nations. Security though, is the number one concern!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Think about it—why sit back and let international stars’ tour schedules dictate our cultural landscape when we have the talent and creativity to light up the world stage ourselves?

I thought about it, and couldn't think of anyone.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Slipped through their fingers, :biggrin:.  More like the Poohbahs that be, never had a clue about Taylor Swift, until the Singapore concerts were announced. Singapore on the other hand has been on this for years, & that is how they got it.

"Pooh bahs", the very word I have long been searching for so long to describe these characters. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

why sit back and let international stars’ tour schedules dictate our cultural landscape when we have the talent and creativity to light up the world stage ourselves?

Who would that be exactly?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

there’s a bitter pill we’re swallowing here.

sreetha you a little late

got nothing in your brain 

that's what people say ..um hmmm

that's what people say.. um hmmm

keep changing visa dates

but we can't make em stay

at least that's what people say.. um hmmm

at least that's what people say.. um hmmm

but we keep cruising 

can't stop won't stop loosing

its like i got excuses in my mind saying its gonna be alright

cause thai people gonna pay pay pay pay pay 

yellow team gonna hate hate hate hate hate

we're just gonna take take take take take 

take it all take it all

thailand needs to just shake shake shake ....shake them off shake them off 

23 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

There was a similar article over the last few weeks on this subject.

The Russian band that where arrested in Phuket  and eventually deported back (to not Russia) ?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

So who's disappointed? Most the Thai's I know have never heard of this terrible screeching puppet

You got no idea I have seen her in Melbourne every concert booked out also in Sydney but I guess you can do better can you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wake up Thailand! Thailand is not everything the World needs or craze for. It's business as usual for Singapre, and being a businessman Settha should know better than how to win over not only Talyor Swift but the rest.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This 'vapid auto-tuned pop star' is a multi-million dollar industry, who has won many, many awards and who generates huge revenue wherever she goes. Which is, actually, what this article is about as Thailand missed out on its share. Calling her millions of fans 'stupid with bad taste' is insulting to them. and shows that the stupid one is you for not recognising that. Bad-mouthing those millions because you don't like her is juvenile, and suggests it is you that is out of touch, not them.

By the way, I wouldn't know one of her songs from another, like you I assume. But, while that doesn't stop you having an opinion about something you know nothing about and insulting those who do, I choose only to acknowledge her importance to the business she is in. 

Get over yourself. It's just an opinion. The quote was from PT Barnum who was the godfather of promotion. Like you say, she is a multi-million dollar industry, has a big team behind her, managing her image, writing her songs, making sure she says the right things, etc. Tomorrow there will be another pretty face, when her 15 minutes are done. Big deal.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Get over yourself. It's just an opinion. The quote was from PT Barnum who was the godfather of promotion. Like you say, she is a multi-million dollar industry, has a big team behind her, managing her image, writing her songs, making sure she says the right things, etc. Tomorrow there will be another pretty face, when her 15 minutes are done. Big deal.

I know where the quote came from. You wrote what the source was. The fact remains that you insulted her many millions of fans, and her. If you don't like her or her music or the fact that she is successful at what she does, infinitely more than you are I'd guess, throwing insults was totally unnecessary and pointless. As for 'another pretty face', that applies to anyone in music, sport or anything else. No-one lasts at the top forever. Perhaps you haven't noticed that. If you don't like her, it is surely you that needs to get over yourself.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I know where the quote came from. You wrote what the source was. The fact remains that you insulted her many millions of fans, and her. If you don't like her or her music or the fact that she is successful at what she does, infinitely more than you are I'd guess, throwing insults was totally unnecessary and pointless. As for 'another pretty face', that applies to anyone in music, sport or anything else. No-one lasts at the top forever. Perhaps you haven't noticed that. If you don't like her, it is surely you that needs to get over yourself.

Gosh, Barry. I didn't mean to upset you so much.. Or indeed Taylor and her "Swifties". 😆

Good job she has such a sanctimonious soul like you to defend her, eh?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Gosh, Barry. I didn't mean to upset you so much.. Or indeed Taylor and her "Swifties". 😆

Good job she has such a sanctimonious soul like you to defend her, eh?

:biggrin: I would have thought that 'sanctimonious' exactly described your original post. And you don't even recognise it as such. Funny.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1