Britain is descending into ‘mob rule,’ Sunak says as he urges police to protect MPs

Social Media

On 3/1/2024 at 4:37 AM, Social Media said:

Sunak said ... Britain stands on the brink of descending into "mob rule."

At this point it may be that Britain is ascending into mob rule.

Or, minimally, that a new mob is challenging the current mob.

Edited by Lee65
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, not in Wales.

The link is from a Welsh news source and discusses the failure of police in England to attend Burglaries in England.

You obviously missed that in your failed attempt to be smart.

What are you doing reading Welsh news about England, was that the only place that had something for your agenda.............😂

Anyhooo, I am off now to watch vids that you won't watch in case they show you are wrong.......:whistling:

See you tomorrow, stay safe now, close the curtains............:guitar:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Wrong thread! If you're going to troll try doing on the George Galloway topic!

ooh, i didn't realise the was one...thats my night sorted why my roast settles!

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Erm no.

But nudging you back towards the topic of discussion.

Please do share any data you have to support Sunak’s opinion:

Britain is descending into ‘mob rule,’ Sunak says as he urges police to protect MPs

Here you go:

Concerns for MPs' safety came to a head last week when Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle cited threats to politicians in his controversial handling of a debate on calls for a ceasefire in the conflict.

A Home Office document states: "Elected representatives have been threatened and had their family homes targeted. Council meetings have been repeatedly disrupted and, in some cases, abandoned... Last Wednesday, protestors threatened to force Parliament to 'lock its doors'.

Earlier this month, Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood's home was targeted by pro-Palestinian protesters, while Preet Gill, Labour MP For Birmingham Edgbaston, said death threats had become "a norm" in her job, and Conservative Stafford MP Theo Clarke said she carried a panic button directly linked to the police "at all times".

Justice minister Mike Freer, who is standing down at the next election due to safety fears, said the extra funding for security measures would "not go to the root cause" of why people felt emboldened to target MPs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68429902

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

ooh, i didn't realise the was one...thats my night sorted why my roast settles!

Don't worry the election of a skilful gob<deleted>e has so upset little Risshi Sunak he had to get out his lectern and spew nonsense about Broken Britain he and his fellow compatriots helped to break. If it is indeed broken.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I really do think a thread on how the Government has lost control of crime would be a good thing, but that’s not what Sunak’s comments were addressing,

But they haven't. It's perfectly safe, according to you. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Don't worry the election of a skilful gob<deleted>e has so upset little Risshi Sunak he had to get out his lectern and spew nonsense about Broken Britain he and his fellow compatriots helped to break. If it is indeed broken.

I lived in London for ten or so years and IMO that festering pile of doodoo was indeed broken. Try finding a public loo that was open. That it was broken was down entirely to the clowns that ran it, though saying "ran it" isn't really applicable to a disaster.

They had an opportunity post WW2 to rebuild it into something great, but managed to blow that. Now all it is IMO is a pile of ugly buildings, bad architecture, congested roads, filthy pavements covered with chewing gum ( the people are as disgusting as the city and spit their used gum on the ground instead of putting it in a rubbish bin like civilised people ). It does have a number of wonderful old buildings, but it's probably just luck they didn't get razed to put up an abomination like that vile shard thing.

That wonderful railway station wasn't preserved because of the government which wanted to destroy it and put up some ghastly new building- it was saved by the public. The Belfast wasn't preserved by the government, which wanted to scrap it- it was saved by the public.

The people didn't reduce the navy to a bad joke- that was down to government morons.

I worked in the NHS, a wonderful institution, that is on the verge of extinction due to managerial incompetence. IMO NHS managers are the very definition of incompetence- look up incompetence in a dictionary and it's probably got NHS managers at the top of the list.

IMO it's all symptoms of a broken government, and if a mob armed with scythes and pitchforks were to march on Number 10, I'll not be surprised an iota

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

He's stated his top priority is the Israel - Hamas war. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I wish a few more like him were elected.

If anyone thinks the elected representatives run anything I have a number of barely used bridges for sale. The people that run our cities and organisations are the bureaucrats, and they are not elected.

Has no one else seen "Yes Minister"?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here you go:

Concerns for MPs' safety came to a head last week when Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle cited threats to politicians in his controversial handling of a debate on calls for a ceasefire in the conflict.

A Home Office document states: "Elected representatives have been threatened and had their family homes targeted. Council meetings have been repeatedly disrupted and, in some cases, abandoned... Last Wednesday, protestors threatened to force Parliament to 'lock its doors'.

Earlier this month, Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood's home was targeted by pro-Palestinian protesters, while Preet Gill, Labour MP For Birmingham Edgbaston, said death threats had become "a norm" in her job, and Conservative Stafford MP Theo Clarke said she carried a panic button directly linked to the police "at all times".

Justice minister Mike Freer, who is standing down at the next election due to safety fears, said the extra funding for security measures would "not go to the root cause" of why people felt emboldened to target MPs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68429902

Correct, but the mob aren’t ruling and even Sunak doesn’t say they are.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

Indeed, it is, because difficulty stopping the day to day crime. But you carry on denying it over the single word, "mob", because you protect these people, instead of protecting the innocent citizens......😉..........

Mob rule and day to day crime are not the same thing.

Non of the proposals the Government are making to address the concerns Sunak raised address ‘day to day crime’.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. Not making it up. I've never said " UK is perfectly safe"

No, you assert that is a claim I made:

6 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

But they haven't. It's perfectly safe, according to you. 

So let’s be having your evidence me stating anything at all ‘is perfectly safe’?

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, you assert that is a claim I made:

So let’s be having your evidence me stating anything at all ‘is perfectly safe’?

Why blame me for something you wrote? Show me where I said UK was perfectly safe? That's what you wrote.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Mob rule and day to day crime are not the same thing.

Non of the proposals the Government are making to address the concerns Sunak raised address ‘day to day crime’.

The country is being taken over by crime, The Mob, as I said, you go talk to the various UK's police departments, instead of from your orange box, plus, the problems are the growing UK's low-life, that you protect, the low-life of foreigner crims, that you protect......

You should get out of that soup kitchen to really see what's going on in the UK on the streets......😒

1 hour ago, transam said:

The country is being taken over by crime, The Mob, as I said, you go talk to the various UK's police departments, instead of from your orange box, plus, the problems are the growing UK's low-life, that you protect, the low-life of foreigner crims, that you protect......

You should get out of that soup kitchen to really see what's going on in the UK on the streets......😒

More accusations of things I protect, and just like the last lot, zero evidence to back up your assertion.

As I’ve said earlier I’ve been out and about on UK streets, very much more recently than you have.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More accusations of things I protect, and just like the last lot, zero evidence to back up your assertion.

As I’ve said earlier I’ve been out and about on UK streets, very much more recently than you have.

Oh sorry, I forgot you may have forgotten I have read your stuff for many years........😉

So you have been on hols, out and about on UK streets, and saw no crime, so there is none...................Bwaaaaaaaah..........🤣

So you never look at crime statistics via the Internet from credible sources on UK crime......Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, you go by your hols in the UK......Bwaaaaaaah.....🤣

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh sorry, I forgot you may have forgotten I have read your stuff for many years........😉

So you have been on hols, out and about on UK streets, and saw no crime, so there is none...................Bwaaaaaaaah..........🤣

So you never look at crime statistics via the Internet from credible sources on UK crime......Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, you go by your hols in the UK......Bwaaaaaaah.....🤣

So first, you don’t have any evidence to support your claims of me ‘protecting’ anything.

Now I’ll ask you to provide a quote from my posts of me stating there is no crime in the UK.

Or you could of course get back to the topic of discussion.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

So first, you don’t have any evidence to support your claims of me ‘protecting’ anything.

Now I’ll ask you to provide a quote from my posts of me stating there is no crime in the UK.

Or you could of course get back to the topic of discussion.

I have years of your stuff to go bye, and you know it..........:whistling:

Word juggling again as usual, go catch up on crime statistics in the UK, not your holidays.........🤣

Besides, I have provided evidence for you, but you would rather go bye your 2 week hols,probably staffing your soup kitchen, which you told us about..............😂

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, transam said:

I have years of your stuff to go bye, and you know it..........:whistling:

Word juggling again as usual, go catch up on crime statistics in the UK, not your holidays.........🤣

Besides, I have provided evidence for you, but you would rather go bye your 2 week hols,probably staffing your soup kitchen, which you told us about..............😂

OK so you’ve nothing to add to the topic of discussion so you thought you’d set about a personal attack armed with fantasy evidence.

Holiday?

Imagining things again?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK so you’ve nothing to add to the topic of discussion so you thought you’d set about a personal attack armed with fantasy evidence.

Holiday?

Imagining things again?

You can dismiss my observances if you like, but it still doesn't change the fact you go by your UK holiday and not the easily available facts regarding crime in the UK.

You do know many read your posts, not just me..........🤭

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

your UK holiday

What UK holiday are you referring to?

I’ve not had a holiday in the UK for at least 8 years now.

Are you once again making baseless assumptions in your effort to sustain the rest of your baseless personal attacks?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

What UK holiday are you referring to?

I’ve not had a holiday in the UK for at least 8 years now.

Are you once again making baseless assumptions in you effort to sustain the rest of your baseless personal attacks?

Thought you were in the UK recently, I thought your hols, sorry, but if it was just your soup kitchen, you didn't get out much to check on UK crime, eh.......🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, transam said:

Thought you were in the UK recently, I thought your hols, sorry, but if it was just your soup kitchen, you didn't get out much to check on UK crime, eh.......🙄

Once again you were wrong.

Twice wrong, since I’ve never once set foot in a ‘soup kitchen’, which is of course another of your baseless assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why blame me for something you wrote? Show me where I said UK was perfectly safe? That's what you wrote.

Owned.

The ‘a cording to me’ you can’t find me posting but you claim it anyway. 

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's perfectly safe, according to you

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1