Britain is descending into ‘mob rule,’ Sunak says as he urges police to protect MPs

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And there are already laws to deal with hate, violence and public disorder.

They’ve been on the books for years, centuries even.

Many of these so called protesters are getting away with carrying placards with the words 'from the river to the sea', which in the context of the war in Gaza is calling for the genocide of Jews. They even projected those words onto Big Ben this week. And they got away with it. 

Fear plays a big part here. People are scared to protest about Islamists because it's quite likely they would be met with violence or even death. 

The Met Police turn a blind eye to anti-Jew slogans, but they crack down on anti-Islam slogans. That's because they fear how the Islamists would react - with violence.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You don't seem to have understood my question.

OK, so let us break it down.

"Anti Israeli and anti Jew are separate, 1 should be tried for war crimes and the other should be condemned by all right minded people"

'How can "anti" something or other be tried for war crimes?"

THe OP is differentiating between "anti Jew", a racial hatred of an ancient ethnic and religious group and "anti Israel", a politically inspired opposition to the existence of and actions of the State of Israel. He is suggesting that the latter should be supported by prosecuting the Israeli State for "war crimes". Actions conducted by individuals from combattant states in war, which breach the various rules and conventions which govern behaviour in battle, can constitute war crimes. So for example the massacre of American POWs at Malmedy by German SS troops during the Battle of the Bulge was a war crime. The Geneva Convention, to which the Germans were signatories, forbade it, the bodies were recovered where they were shot, there were surviving witnesses and the perpetrators were found, identified and faced a formally constituted court. Clearcut.

My observation is that a wide range of allegations, often with no clear evidence of who did what, and who actually suffered, are now collectively described as war crimes and deployed in the propaganda battle. So for example, the (Palestinian) rocket which misfired and fell on the hospital in Gaza is claimed as an Israeli war crime. If Israeli troops come under attack from Hamas sited in a mosque, school or residential building, then returning fire is a "war crime". It is not. The political thrust is to extend the quite tight definition of war crimes to allege that Israel is committing a war crime because the IDF is better equipped, better trained, better led and better directed than its opponents, who let us not forget, started the whole bloody business with a murderous dawn assault on the Super Nova Rave Party and the savage attacks on the villages adjacent to the Gaza Strip.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Announcement by Sunak outside 10 Downing Street last night. Quite unprecedented. And good to see our leaders finally having the guts to speak out. 

Yep

'He expressed his fears about protests that had taken place in the aftermath of Hamas' attack against Israel, saying they had "descended into intimidation, threats and planned acts of violence".'

He was bang on here - but will anything be done?

'He said people on marches should not be allowed to call for violent Jihad or for the eradication of any state.'

Let's hope so

'He also said his government would re-double support for the anti-terrorism Prevent programme, demand universities tackle "extremist activity" and stop people coming to the UK "whose aim is to undermine its values".'

Even Starmer agrees

'Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said the prime minister was right to "advocate unity and to condemn the unacceptable and intimidatory behaviour that we have seen recently".'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68451333

Edited by CG1 Blue

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A remarkable claim.

For which you have evidence?

Cartoonists got killed. You never read the news?

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A remarkable claim.

For which you have evidence?

Time for you to catch up, you are missing out on quite a lot that goes on in the UK...........🤭

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Announcement by Sunak outside 10 Downing Street last night. Quite unprecedented. And good to see our leaders finally having the guts to speak out. 

Yep

'He expressed his fears about protests that had taken place in the aftermath of Hamas' attack against Israel, saying they had "descended into intimidation, threats and planned acts of violence".'

'He said people on marches should not be allowed to call for violent Jihad or for the eradication of any state.'

Let's hope so

'He also said his government would re-double support for the anti-terrorism Prevent programme, demand universities tackle "extremist activity" and stop people coming to the UK "whose aim is to undermine its values".'

Even Starmer agrees

'Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said the prime minister was right to "advocate unity and to condemn the unacceptable and intimidatory behaviour that we have seen recently".'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68451333

Give 3 years jail for holding a sign supporting terrorism. Soon stop these scumbags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yep

Let's hope so

Even Starmer agrees

So everyone agrees that there is a problem/threat/intimidation. And it seems the police are not/cannot do anything in these no go zones/marches. Then the country has lost control to this "mob". Then unless the UK wants to find out what's next. It's high time for martial  law and mass arrests/deportations to be carried out  by their national guards and military. 

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, so that was a protest in the UK or are you conflating issues?

What's your excuse for being so ignorant? 

I wonder when was the last time you were even there?

None of your business, but unlike you, I watch videos from many news sources and other stuff that has nothing to do with your, The Guardian........😋

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, transam said:

None of your business, but unlike you, I watch videos from many news sources and other stuff that has nothing to do with your, The Guardian........😋

I went for the feet on the ground in the UK approach.

Enjoy your videos.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Ignorant of what.

In which UK protest has anyone been killed for speaking up against Islam?

How ignorant can one be?

"In October 2020, Islamist terrorism remained the greatest threat to the UK by volume according to Ken McCallum, the Director General of MI5.[33] A report published in the same year found that of the 43,000 extremists on MI5's watchlist, around nine-tenths of the people on the list are Islamist extremists.[34] In July 2023, Suella Braverman, the Home Secretary of the United Kingdom, reiterated that Islamic terrorism was the primary domestic threat facing the UK.[35] Islamic terrorism represented 67% of attacks since 2018, 75% of MI5's caseload, and 64% of those in custody for terrorism-connected offences"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_Kingdom

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Enjoy your videos.

I go for your feet on the ground in the USA, but that is well off-topic.......😋

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Enjoy your videos.

But you don't agree with that.

At least you didn't when I used my "feet on the ground" in supermarkets and in pubs approach.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ignorant of what.

In which UK protest has anyone been killed for speaking up against Islam?

As you seem to know a lot about the UK, and your protection of Islam, how many Islamist terrorists are there in UK jails. Was an off duty soldier mutilated in broad daylight by an Islamic blokes, or were Islamic killers shot and killed in London after carving up Londoners....?  🤔

Just now, transam said:

As you seem to know a lot about the UK, and your protection of Islam, how many Islamist terrorists are there in UK jails. Was an off duty soldier mutilated in broad daylight by an Islamic blokes, or were Islamic killers shot and killed in London after carving up Londoners....?  🤔

My ‘protection of Islam’.

What on earth are you on about ?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

But you don't agree with that.

At least you didn't when I used my "feet on the ground" in supermarkets and in pubs approach.

Not when the economic data contradicts your reported experience I don’t.

Just like Sunak does not say the UK is subject to ‘mob rule’.

I agree, I don’t see any examples of ‘mob rule’ in the UK.

A weak vacillating Government yes, mob rule, no.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My ‘protection of Islam’.

What on earth are you on about ?

We have all read about your Muslim friends in the past, did you forget your past postings....

Could you answer my questions now.........😉

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

We have all read about your Muslim friends in the past, did you forget your past postings....

Could you answer my questions now.........😉

Oh shock horror, I have Muslim friends.

Now back to the topic of Mob Rule, which even Sunak does not go as far to suggest is running the country (though he’s perhaps not quite sure who is).

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh shock horror, I have Muslim friends.

Noe back to the topic of Mob Rule, which even Sunak does go as far to suggest is running the country (though he’s perhaps not quite sure who is).

6.5% of Brits are muslim yet 66% of terrorist attacks since 2018 were committed by muslims.