Britain is descending into ‘mob rule,’ Sunak says as he urges police to protect MPs

Social Media

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

i love how videos are played off as a nothing burger. live on location videos are uploaded every day of many parts of london and england. but not in the area i was in or the shops that i was in is always used.

one can get a decent idea of an area or city by watching the plethora of videos online in today's world.

No editorial selection going on then?!

Let alone image manipulation and AI generation.

Walk around, go see for yourself.

Visit the UK even.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve had much the same experience, and agree ‘the cheese’, but also the fish ‘n’ chips.

These cooked in beef dripping in a coal fired frier:

Bliss and always a pleasure to visit the UK.

IMG_6935.jpeg

Seen better fish and chips in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m sure you tell yourself that.

I would if it was the only option I had.

The Chippy at The Gate British Fish & Chips

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A remarkable claim.

For which you have evidence?

I see you've had plenty of examples of Islamist violence provided to you already, so I don't need to add any more. It's pretty amazing that all these incidents manage to pass you by. 

Actually I'll show you one more, in case it still hasn't sunk in:

Police statement as Wakefield schoolboy who 'dropped a Quran' is sent death threats

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/police-statement-wakefield-schoolboy-who-26379609

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Visit the UK even.

stop it. you sound silly. there are literally 100's of videos posted weekly all over england and london. my family lives there. image manipulation and ai generation ? good grief .....really nice stretch on that one.

you see all those videos that people with actual youtube channels which are verified and are really humans....ya no they are manipulated.....all of them

i'm sure the fascist and anti bla bla bla will soon to follow. 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I wonder when was the last time you were even there?

So you're basing your argument on a little holiday you took in the UK, rather than looking at news articles? 

If you didn't see it with your own eyes it isn't happening eh 🙈

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Visit the UK even.

From the I've been everywhere man, never seen a mob man. 😩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Getting ahead of yourself?

not in the slightest. those are some of the most common terms thrown around this forum now a days. 

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Blunder?

Go on give it your best go.

Yes, blunder. You attempted to rectify it by adding " been identified".

I asked "how do you know?" in reference to you saying none of your friends have committed terrorist attacks. 

So, I ask again. How do you know none if your friends have never committed terrorist attacks? 

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I asked "how do you know?" in reference to you saying none of your friends have committed terrorist attacks. 

So, I ask again. How do you know none if your friends have never committed terrorist attacks? 

So on the off chance that a friend is a terrorist and hasn’t been caught and identified.

I’m sure these kind of pedantic thought games play well in a class of 13 year olds, but hardly the stuff of adult discussion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So on the off chance that a friend is a terrorist and hasn’t been caught and identified.

I’m sure these kind of pedantic thought games play well in a class of 13 year olds, but hardly the stuff of adult discussion.

An expected kind of response. ie. No answer to the question.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

An expected kind of response. ie. No answer to the question.

Because it’s a really ridiculous question.

There are almost 8 billion people in the world, perhaps a few tens of thousands are terrorists; I have a handful of friends and a few dozen social contacts.

The conditional probability of those friends being terrorist and not having been identified is minuscule.

I trust you didn’t teach math, let alone conditional probability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are almost 8 billion people in the world, perhaps a few tens of thousands are terrorists; I have a handful of friends and a few dozen social contacts.

The conditional probability of those friends being terrorist and not having been identified is minuscule.

Still no answer.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s an answer.

But you don’t understand it.

I do hope you never taught math.

The laws of probability doesn't say anything about impossibility. If everyone used your calculations, many would be surprised to find they are in the minority.

This is a thread about Britain. Please use British English.

Please tell how you know none of your friends have never committed a terrorist act. 

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The laws of probability doesn't say anything about impossibility. If everyone used your calculations, many would be surprised to find they are in the minority.

This is a thread about Britain. Please use British English.

Please tell how you know none of your friends have never committed a terrorist act. 

Because I have a handful of friends in the UK, all the perpetrators of terrorism in the UK have been identified and their identities published.

Non of my small number of UK friends are amongst them.

I’ll use whatever‘English’ I choose, provided it does not break any of the forum rules.

But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

The probability of zero is a thing.

I do hope you didn’t teach math.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because I have a handful of friends in the UK, all the perpetrators of terrorism in the UK have been identified and their identities published.

Non of my small number of UK friends are amongst them.

I’ll use whatever‘English’ I choose, provided it does not break any of the forum rules.

But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

The probability of zero is a thing.

I do hope you didn’t teach math.

Moved the goalposts again. 

Why not just admit it? You can't back up your comment. Simple.

6 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Moved the goalposts again. 

Why not just admit it? You can't back up your comment. Simple.

I didn’t move the goalposts at all, I simply demonstrated the ridiculousness of your pedantry, and  as a bonus I did it with math.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sunak can't rule.....so go for the next step.....divide and rule.....create bogiemen to keep the hard of thinking from focussing on the cluster**** of the last 14 years of blunders, which the swivel eyed loons in the Tory party topped off with a Brexit that is crippling the country......

I agree with all of that EXCEPT the rant about Brexit. Best thing to happen to Britain since the EEC decided to go political IMO. IMO the EU is a vile organisation with a cabal of decision makers that answer to no one.

They can't even secure their borders- useless pack of wombles.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's not the correct question IMO. I think the real question is would any of them commit a terrorist attack if they had the opportunity?

8 hours ago, Dolf said:

The Chippy at The Gate British Fish & Chips

I've seen plenty of threads on AN go off into the weeds, but diverting from "mob rule in Britain" to the best fish and chips in Thailand has to win the prize.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've seen plenty of threads on AN go off into the weeds, but diverting from "mob rule in Britain" to the best fish and chips in Thailand has to win the prize.

Its positive. Better than whining.

28 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well if thats true then the UK has got a rough deal as 43,000 of them are on terror watch lists in the UK alone.   This is probably not the true picture either as fighting aged men have been arriving in the UK in the thousands over the last few years without passports or any ability to carry out background checks on them.  

On the bright side though we can all rest a little easier in bed tonight as a "far right sticker putter upper" has been given a 2 year jail sentence for (and this is not a joke) putting up stickers which did not break a single law, nor incited violence and said such things as "its okay to be white", or "we will be a minority in our country by 2066".    The "far right" clearly are flexing their muscles and should absolutely be mentioned in the same sentence as Islamist extremists who do not carry out such atrocities as putting up stickers, preferring instead to blow up arenas and kill kids, or beheading ex servicemen on the street.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/far-right-activist-ran-downloadable-31961142

Well said!!!!

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yet muslims are 10 times likely to be terrorists than others.

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You perhaps haven’t seen the real thing for a long while.

It would seem you have never seen the real thing, those soggy looking chips are not it.......................😬

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Another Thailand bar stool blow hard who can't go back, so demonizes the home country oft-times with thinly disguised racist tropes as to how it has all gone to the dogs. I think you will find the feral dogs are a fixture of the Thailand realm not here. 

It seems you're confused or guessing about others lives, which is amusing, but expected from a Sadiq Khan fanboy.........😘 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:28 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to discern the difference between Little Sunak stating ‘Britain is descending into ‘mob rule’, and ‘Britain is under ‘mob rule’.

Get back to me when you have.

I thought of you last night when this video came on, the sort of thing Sunak is talking about, now I know you will not watch it, but many here will, embarrassing for you, because this is one vid of many.....Enjoy.......😉