Thai immigration cracks down on misbehaving foreigners 

webfact

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Thai immigration cracks down on misbehaving foreigners.

I wonder what the number of offenders is per 100,000 Foreigners and 100,000 Thais. 

Thats an extremely 'wide metric'... because what exactly is 'misbehaving'  ??.....      not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle ? driving or riding while drunk ????  fighting etc ? Kicking people sat in the steps to your beach house ?

If foreigners are 'misbehaving' depending on what they have done, its easy for Immigration just to 'get rid of them' (i.e. deport them) if criminal charges are filed. 

Conversely, its more difficult to deal with Thai's who have committed similar crimes as they cannot simply be deported, they have to go through the legal system which takes time, effort and money. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who said they entered with a false passport? They were apprehended trying to DEPART using false passports.

Who said they must have passed entered via a controlled Thai immigration point? How they entered Thailand is anyone's guess as the borders are porous and, as a subsequent story suggested, people are smuggled in from Myanmar. It's a safe bet that these guys entered Thailand either illicitly and without travel documents, or they have 'swapped' whatever travel documents they had for some dodgy Canadian ones.

Surely if the entered legally with valid passports their pics were taken and are integrated into the IB AI computers they use now. As soon as the passports were scanned to match that it would have shown up that they entered under a different passport. That being said,  perhaps there really is not a good integration to do this as they claim or maybe it is only on that special expensive vehicle they always bragged about as their reason to catch foreigners. Or. These chinese entered illegally through some land crossing. 

The Hub of Crackdowns... just as long as they don't have to get out of their chairs, or leave their air-con offices. Having 2 shady foreigners hand you forged passports, and you arresting them for forged passports... case in point.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Given the number of foreigners entering and exiting Thailand, a percentage of whom are bound to be up to no good, this sounds like a slow day at the office for immigration, not something to shout about.

i’d expect double this everyday if they were doing their job right 

They got to make it look like they are 'working' between ordering all those Sweet Water Drinks and Doughnuts !

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In the UK the immigration Dept is employing Indian nationals who are waving other Indians through Heathrow Airport and onto flights to Canada, where they claim asylum.

That was an airline employee at British Airways. £25,000 a time apparently. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The Immigration Bureau has ordered thorough investigations and apprehensions of foreign nationals engaging in illegal activities in Thailand

Any chance of apprehensions of Thais engaging in illegal activities in Thailand?  No, thought not.

• Like 1

I have to admit that in the last 5 to 10 years , the amount of  bad news about  « tourists » has grown significantly, and the number of people you see on the streets, in bars and restaurants, that  frankly shouldn’t be allowed to see in Thailand.  I live in France which is the worlds number one tourist’s destination and you hardly hear of tourists behaving badly.  Of course you have the usual foreign  and thieves and unwelcome people, who generally live in France legally or illegally. Same I’m sure in Germany, Italy, Spain, etc , where the most culprits are drunks getting into fights.

Thailand seems to be a magnet for the worst of the human race. 

6 minutes ago, geisha said:

I have to admit that in the last 5 to 10 years , the amount of  bad news about  « tourists » has grown significantly, and the number of people you see on the streets, in bars and restaurants, that  frankly shouldn’t be allowed to see in Thailand.

Is that not more to do with the pre-valance of social media than anything else ????

No we have apps such as TikTok which hit the masses within seconds...    thus any news is spread very quickly and negative news spreads very quickly. 

The same number of 'wrong uns' are travelling and getting up to silly stuff - we just read more about it now. 

I recall doing silly stuff, I'm glad social media wasn't around then - We used to pay TukTuk Drivers so we could drive their TukTuks around the back-streets... 

I live in France which is the worlds number one tourist’s destination and you hardly hear of tourists behaving badly.  

But you are not on FrenchVisa.com website of Schegnennow.com etc....  i.e. you are not on forum which specifically deals with tourists. 

If you didn't read these fora and relied solely on the mainstream media, there would hardly be any news of Tourist's causing problems. 

Of course you have the usual foreign  and thieves and unwelcome people, who generally live in France legally or illegally. Same I’m sure in Germany, Italy, Spain, etc , where the most culprits are drunks getting into fights.

Thailand seems to be a magnet for the worst of the human race. 

Given the apathy of the policing here, it certainly does seem that Thailand is a place where criminals can escape their convictions in their homelands and hide in plain sight in Thailand, but that would be true of any developing nation with a lazy police force. 

There are area's of Thailand which seem to be a magnet for the 'worst of the human race' but then I'm sure the same can be said of some area's of London, some area's of Spain, Some area's of Mexico or Indonesia etc... 

Only a fool would post controversy on social media, when still in Thailand.

Furthermore, they should crack down and expel that german teenage gang making a nuisance in their house developpment ? That should be a good place to start.

Edited by observer90210
  • Confused 1

Yes, treat them hard, I suggest a public flogging!  Then deport them in handcuffs!

That will make sure visitors to Thailand clearly understand your thoughts etc.

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe a 21st century computer system connected with all immigration checkpoints and offices could be a start. How is it possible to enter with a false passport? They take their time to check at arrivals as we see the queues so where did it go wrong? And all the other offenders.....Thais are not better than these foreigners

Alot of people think Thailand is running on the paper and pencil of 20 years ago. I loved the story about the female brit who had been black balled from Thailand for a drug issue. She waited for I believe 5 years got a new passport different name and she went directly to the no entry waiting room waiting for her second deportation

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

How can it be National?  The rules vary from office to office.

Isn't it just the interpretation of the rules? 

Dependent on certain financial requirements of course .,🙄

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The name of the person making the announcement is Phantana, not Thanana (his name is even shown in the photo), and he's a Major General, not a Colonel. Itthipol is a Lieutenant General, not a Major General. And Big Joke Surachet is a full General, not a Lieutenant Colonel. This isn't hard.

Generally speaking I'd say Thailand has far too many generals be they major, minor or full. It's not a good look for democracy for the people to be ruled over by so many with military ranks. But yeah I know, Thais just love a man or woman in military uniform, the more bars, medals, "scrambled egg" and sashes adorning that uniform the better

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who said they entered with a false passport? They were apprehended trying to DEPART using false passports.

Who said they must have passed entered via a controlled Thai immigration point? How they entered Thailand is anyone's guess as the borders are porous and, as a subsequent story suggested, people are smuggled in from Myanmar. It's a safe bet that these guys entered Thailand either illicitly and without travel documents, or they have 'swapped' whatever travel documents they had for some dodgy Canadian ones.

They entered with Legale Chinese passports. Got fake Canadian passports to go to Canada. Maybe claim asylum in Canada

On 3/1/2024 at 7:58 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

As they say you can't teach stupid

Although, I think a few posters on AN have been attending lessons....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

That's a convenient distortion of the truth and you know it.

I've been living back in the UK for the last 6 years.

Glad to hear it.

So, why did you fabricate a lie about the BA employee working for UK immigration? Are you missing living in Thailand?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 5:01 AM, NanLaew said:

Glad to hear it.

So, why did you fabricate a lie about the BA employee working for UK immigration? Are you missing living in Thailand?

I never fabricated anything. And Yes, I do quite miss living in Thailand.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:41 PM, Andrew65 said:

I never fabricated anything. And Yes, I do quite miss living in Thailand.

Yes you did. You specifically said UK Immigration had hired Indian nationals to waive Indians through Heathrow to Canada.

Here's your friendly reminder.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, Andrew65 said:

In the UK the immigration Dept is employing Indian nationals who are waving other Indians through Heathrow Airport and onto flights to Canada, where they claim asylum.

Do you have evidence that there are UK immigration staff doing it and not just one of BA's former check-in staff?

If not, then yes, you have fabricated it.