Some locals seem increasingly concerned about the type of Visa I am on.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Same visa as me!

No one's ever asked me, but I live in an unfashionable provincial backwater, on the fringes of a war zone.

So do I.

In my province people have more urgent things to worry about than a farang's visa status.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Same for me here. In fact most Thais I've met don't even know about the different visa types available* for foreigners (why would they?), and don't particularly care, either.

*excluding anybody who has a financial interest in selling visa services.

Knowing the OPs posting history my best guess is that nobody Thai has ever asked him about his visa. or perhaps one person did recently and he invented some others to make his post sound a little (not much...) less snowflakey.

Agree with all you have written , although I can't comment on the posting history of the OP  I don't recall any of his posts or comments prior to this thread

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

So do I.

In my province people have more urgent things to worry about than a farang's visa status.

people everywhere have more to worry about,   except of course a few  busybodies on here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't recall any of his posts or comments prior to this thread

You have been an AN Member since 2019, and never seen Bob Smith?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I speak with any Thais, even the ones trying to talk in English, I just say sorry, I can't understand, smile and walk away.

You are winning at life. Fantastic attitude. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I would NEVER kick another human for no reason EVER.

I would, however, tell them in their local language to get the eff off my property if they ever happened to be on it without permission.

bob.

Thats not what you said in the other thread Bob. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You have been an AN Member since 2019, and never seen Bob Smith?

I have been a member a lot longer than that actually,  I take people on a post by post basis and very rarely form opinions except in certain circumstances.  I just looked back at some of my comments and I have indeed encountered the guy before  and have actually  commented on a few of his posts,  but I have not been inclined to form any sort of a lasting negative opinion

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

It seems that many Thais don’t like the fact that people can speak their language and stay here long term,

their line of questioning seems to be rather investigative, trying to figure out if one is on overstay.

Don't have that problem but maybe they look for a reason to get rid of you.

Never been asked personally except at places of business like banks of course, .....but if some clown asked me I'd just reply that my Elite visa costs more than all the water buffalo in any village.  And then I'd get shot in the face because I made the moron "lose" his/hers. 

So maybe just say, "HiSo visa, kap."

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Only one of the "look at me with my yellow book and pink card brigade" - lol, complete waste of time.....

C'mon, man!

They can be super useful!

The land office just typed up a lifetime usufruct on the back of our house chanote without asking to see my passport.  Handed them a half dozen photocopies, but they only asked to see the pink ID card for the name spelling.

• Like 1

Over the last few days I have been asked by a few locals what kind of visa I have, given that I can speak Thai and have been here a long time.

How well do you understand spoken Thai?  Perhaps you misunderstood?

They may have been making small talk, mentioning "We sa you Lotus moo wan!"

It’s none of their business what visa we are on.

bob.

Get me a cup of tea, Errol, and no sugar, I'm sweet enough already!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Can't say I have  ever been asked what visa iam on.

Lucky though because Iam not on a visa !!

An overstayer, nong Ralfy???

1 hour ago, transam said:

Like I said, it is those who do not have the gumption to get acquire one to make life easier regarding providing address details at no cost or travel, that will spout that sort of stuff. 😉

But you carry on, I am sure your posts on the subject amuse many here..🤭

Like i said, it's a waste of time and serves no purpose, nothing to do with gumptions Tranny. Can you pls explain how it makes your life easier?

You carry on as well Tranny, all your posts amuse me and many others i'm sure, can see that with replies to them.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think I've ever encountered a local that knows we have to have a VISA. Sounds like you made this up Bob.

What? Perish the thought!

Now he moves once again amongst us, I was intending to elevate him to the role of my personal messiah in approaching the challenges of the expatriate life!

31 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

C'mon, man!

They can be super useful!

The land office just typed up a lifetime usufruct on the back of our house chanote without asking to see my passport.  Handed them a half dozen photocopies, but they only asked to see the pink ID card for the name spelling.

I've just sold a motorbike and bought one privately, I've had a yellow book for years, Transport Office Chiang Mai have brought in a new rule, foreigner that has yellow house book has to have pink ID to buy or sell a vehicle, got to get mine next week, simple process at Amphur.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Like i said, it's a waste of time and serves no purpose, nothing to do with gumptions Tranny. Can you pls explain how it makes your life easier?

You carry on as well Tranny, all your posts amuse me and many others i'm sure, can see that with replies to them.

As I thought, you can't even understand the reason I put forward that helps me not have to worry about residency letters.

Now come on, buck your ideas up..🙄

I hope my posts do amuse you, as well as educate you on a few things that you clearly don't understand, but never mind, eh........:neus:.............🤭 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Weeeeell, i suppose people with a brain realize that it's a complete waste of time.

You're obviously one of these farangy type that think it's some sort of right of passage having these, sad.

Reminds me of <deleted> packers that used to get a stiffy about all the passport stamps....

puts me in mind of those who spend money on acquiring the worthless 30 years leases and such like.  Generally to enable them to keep living in the wifes village once they have split up.   Never ends well regardless of the "legalities" 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I've just sold a motorbike and bought one privately, I've had a yellow book for years, Transport Office Chiang Mai have brought in a new rule, foreigner that has yellow house book has to have pink ID to buy or sell a vehicle, got to get mine next week, simple process at Amphur.

I did both at the same time,each taking twenty minutes. 

Yellow book was free, pink ID 60 baht.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, transam said:

As I thought, you can't even understand the reason I put forward that helps me not have to worry about residency letters.

Now come on, buck your ideas up..🙄

I hope my posts do amuse you, as well as educate you on a few things that you clearly don't understand, but never mind, eh........:neus:.............🤭 

Yes Tranny, you amuse me.

How often do you get residency letters? are they too difficult to do without the yellow book / pink ID as they normally take me no more than about 10 mins - hahaha, it's not difficult.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1