‘Britain feels like Nazi Germany’: The Jewish people wanting to flee the UK as antisemitism

Social Media

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Zionism—the nationalist movement calling for the establishment and support of an independent Jewish state in its ancient homeland—is one of the world’s most controversial ideologies. Its supporters see it as the national liberation movement of the Jewish people that came to fruition in the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. Its opponents regard it as one of the last forms of colonial oppression in the world, defined by Israel’s occupation of the West Bank in the name of a racist ideology increasingly turning Israel into an apartheid state.

https://academic.oup.com/book/628/chapter-abstract/135333910?redirectedFrom=fulltext

A book snippet, bit like a link to a paywall website, not a lot of good to anyone

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A book snippet, bit like a link to a paywall website, not a lot of good to anyone

It's my precise interpretation of what zionism is as a person opposed to zionism.

The site is credible. Trash Oxford Academia all you like.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

It's my precise interpretation of what zionism is as a person opposed to zionism.

The site is credible. Trash Oxford Academia all you like.

A book snippet is just that, one small piece from a very large piece of text. No context to it. Like I said, same a a link to a paywall website

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Stop the flames. I read a lot.

When will you acknowledge that Netanyahu is a war criminal?

you may want to brush up on your ancient history reading. the Palestinians are the remnant of the genocidal 'sea peoples' that pillaged, burned and massacred their way through the Bronze Age until it was brought to an end under their scourge: Anatolia, Mycenia, the entire Levant. Only Ramses III was able to beat them back and relocate them to Gaza. Before you say 'the sins of the father' or what does that have to do with this, consider how Egypt and the rest of the arab world would rather watch them in their current state than to allow them into their borders. Historically and currently, the Palestinians are disruptors and destroyers and advocate genocide, philosophically and politically, and will quickly sacrifice their own citizens to achieve their goal. Global leaders are mostly indifferent Netanyahu's tactics for a reason, it's yet another war that the Palestinians have chosen and will still continue to favor. as the proverb goes: there is nothing new under the sun

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cncltd1973 said:

you may want to brush up on your ancient history reading. the Palestinians are the remnant of the genocidal 'sea peoples' that pillaged, burned and massacred their way through the Bronze Age until it was brought to an end under their scourge: Anatolia, Mycenia, the entire Levant. Only Ramses III was able to beat them back and relocate them to Gaza. Before you say 'the sins of the father' or what does that have to do with this, consider how Egypt and the rest of the arab world would rather watch them in their current state than to allow them into their borders. Historically and currently, the Palestinians are disruptors and destroyers and advocate genocide, philosophically and politically, and will quickly sacrifice their own citizens to achieve their goal. Global leaders are mostly indifferent Netanyahu's tactics for a reason, it's yet another war that the Palestinians have chosen and will still continue to favor. as the proverb goes: there is nothing new under the sun

Just a zionist rant.

I don't care if nationalists are Jewish nationalists, christian nationalists, muslim nationalists or atheist nationalists. Nationalism is a toxic political ideology rooted in racism.

21 minutes ago, JCauto said:

It's always heartwarming to observe non-Jews telling us what we think about our fellow Jews. You thought maybe we were all waking up to our morning coffee and instructions from Big Zion about what we were supposed to think and do today?

GFY with your "kapos". I refer to my previous posts about the clear anti-semitism that is displayed by the egregious conflation of Jews and Nazis. Congrats, you're joining some fine company on this site. You know nothing about what we think.

Perhaps you're surprised that I too despise Netanyahu and his Far Right minions? Religious nuts like Hamas. And I wouldn't put anything past those people in terms of doing illegal things or committing war crimes. And I'm all for there being a process by which they and Sinwar and his minions all go up for trial and face the consequences including hanging. Hell, I'll pull the lever. But that doesn't mean that Israel doesn't have the right to defend their country and people from the attempts of their neighbours to kill them. Israel IS a democracy unlike most of their neighbours and unlike the Palestinians. There are many Israelis opposed to what's happening in Gaza and if a different government had been voted in, I don't think this would have happened at all. I also know that if Russia and Ukraine weren't in a war, this also wouldn't have happened. Probably the thing that frustrates me the most about this conflict is that there's so so much stooopid going on in the commentary that it's maddening to even begin discussing it. And of course, it brings all the blatant and many of the casual anti-semites out of the woodwork.

If I had observed a similar fervor for justice from so many of these anti-Israeli keyboard warriors when it came to the dozens of coincident other international conflicts and inter-religious/inter-cultural wars and violence I might have more sympathy. But they only care about Israel for some reason. Just can't put my finger on what it is about Israel that makes them so different.

You don't know me, and I indeed do rail about these injustices from wherever they come. I've been on the left since my pallid youth, and if the Nazis came back to power, my indelible record of action will have me marked to go to the camps along with the oppressed of whatever stripe. So you can take your antisemite smear, elsewhere, I'm not interested. I have indeed seem progressive Jews say that have been smeared as kapos probably the most egregious smear one can say for standing up for Palestinian rights. I seem to remember Norman Finkelstein has accused Alan Dershowitz of saying that about his parents, who suffered terribly in the camps.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/12/trumps-israel-ambassador-likens-left-wing-jews-to-kapos.html

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/features/the-good-jewish-boys-go-into-battle/200412.article

Screenshot 2024-03-04 110749.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99

Jewish actress told not to leave London theater due to pro-Palestinian rallies

In a Saturday evening tweet on X aimed at Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Opposition Labor Party leader Sir Keir Starmer, she wrote: “Another Saturday post matinee and I have been asked not to step out the theatre because of all the demonstrations and marches going on.”

“London 2024 — ridiculous isn’t it,” added Oberman, who did not say who had told her to stay indoors or the nature of the apparent danger.

It came after, earlier Saturday, Sunak said that extremism against the backdrop of the Gaza war was undermining the UK’s democracy.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-actress-told-not-to-leave-london-theater-due-to-pro-palestinian-rallies

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Jewish actress told not to leave London theater due to pro-Palestinian rallies

In a Saturday evening tweet on X aimed at Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Opposition Labor Party leader Sir Keir Starmer, she wrote: “Another Saturday post matinee and I have been asked not to step out the theatre because of all the demonstrations and marches going on.”

“London 2024 — ridiculous isn’t it,” added Oberman, who did not say who had told her to stay indoors or the nature of the apparent danger.

It came after, earlier Saturday, Sunak said that extremism against the backdrop of the Gaza war was undermining the UK’s democracy.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-actress-told-not-to-leave-london-theater-due-to-pro-palestinian-rallies

She was very good in the Merchant of Venice playing a female Shylock in the 1930s London, I saw it last year in the provincial run. That said, she is a militant unapologetic Zionist who has blocked me on Twitter for posting this to her timeline.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/apr/26/tracy-ann-oberman-pays-substantial-damages-antisemitism-claims-twitter

On 4 April last year, Oberman, a critic of Jeremy Corbyn’s handling of antisemitism complaints while he was Labour leader, tweeted: “So a man called @PhilipProudfoot of @FreeNorthNow has a Jew block list. I’ve been out of the twitter politics loop for a few months but is this party continuation Corbyn? Seems like it. And will it end up the same way? Seems like it. Good luck all.”

Responding to the settlement of his libel claim, Proudfoot said: “I am a humanitarian researcher. I’ve seen the horrors of war in Lebanon, Syria and Yemen. It is for this reason I am a supporter of the struggle for human rights in Palestine. And it is for this reason I am appalled and disgusted by antisemitism, and all forms of prejudice.”

His solicitor, Zillur Rahman, said: “Antisemitism is a serious problem in our society and it is unfortunate that some people like Philip, who show solidarity with the Palestinians in their struggle for freedom from Israel’s oppression, have been falsely accused of antisemitism, which can have a chilling effect on free speech against injustices and human rights violations.”

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

She was very good in the Merchant of Venice playing a female Shylock in the 1930s London, I saw it last year in the provincial run. That said, she is a militant unapologetic Zionist who has blocked me on Twitter for posting this to her timeline.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/apr/26/tracy-ann-oberman-pays-substantial-damages-antisemitism-claims-twitter

I don't care for any more victim blaming, been enough on this topic already

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Says the guy who thinks Zionism is a Far Right movement. Surprised you're still here after the whooping you've been getting on this thread for your fact- and logic-free assertions of racism.

All nationalists are far right in my opinion. By definition. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify that.

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

With "friends" like you, who needs enemies?

Eight out of ten British Jews identify as Zionist, says new poll - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Eight out of ten British Jews identify as Zionist, says new poll

The CAA said the November survey countered far-left claims that Zionism is separate from Jewish identity

I know that you are a one sided team player who can't see any issue with zionism despite loathing racism in the US. I can't even begin to understand how anybody can square this circle.

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Ah, a Guardian reader, as if we couldn’t have guessed; and a fanboy no doubt, of that whimpering little antisemite slug Owen Jones  … ha ha ha ..... outed

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You don't know me, and I indeed do rail about these injustices from wherever they come. I've been on the left since my pallid youth, and if the Nazis came back to power, my indelible record of action will have me marked to go to the camps along with the oppressed of whatever stripe. So you can take your antisemite smear, elsewhere, I'm not interested. I have indeed seem progressive Jews say that have been smeared as kapos probably the most egregious smear one can say for standing up for Palestinian rights. I seem to remember Norman Finkelstein has accused Alan Dershowitz of saying that about his parents, who suffered terribly in the camps.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/12/trumps-israel-ambassador-likens-left-wing-jews-to-kapos.html

You're correct that I don't know you, and doubt I ever would have - self-righteous narcissists aren't my cup of tea. Look at you proudly marching yourself to the camps with the Jews you hate! How precious, I can already see you making your noble last speech to the evil Nazis as you condemn everyone you're supposedly dying for. You're a threat to nobody of consequence. And yeah, there's your proof, your "progressive Jewish friends" have told you about the Right-Wing scumbag lawyer Trump named as Ambassador who thinks Liberal Jews are "kapos"? LOL. That's one instance by the sort of person who knows Donnie Diapers well enough to be named Ambassador to Israel and nothing at all like you said in your original post.

Just to check your statement, I put your name as the author in the search function and checked whether there had been any posts about Sudan, Myanmar, Nagorno-Karabakh, Eritrea, Syria, Nigeria. Nope! Israel though gets 34 posts. Save your BS for your lentil-weaving "friends". Ever wonder why they're all so temporary? It's because you eventually find something incriminating from their background and that's it, they're off the list.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Ah, a Guardian reader, as if we couldn’t have guessed; and a fanboy no doubt, of that whimpering little antisemite slug Owen Jones  … ha ha ha ..... outed

An extremely eloquent, well thought out and explained rebuttal to his post.