‘Britain feels like Nazi Germany’: The Jewish people wanting to flee the UK as antisemitism

Social Media

On 3/6/2024 at 5:10 PM, youreavinalaff said:

It works both ways.

Those that think the issues are only one way are the route cause of the problem.

Please provide proof that any Jews have attacked Muslims in Golders Green, where there are plenty of Muslims living?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Please provide proof that any Jews have attacked Muslims in Golders Green, where there are plenty of Muslims living?

Why do I need to show proof of something you suggest?

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why do I need to show proof of something you suggest?

Because it's obviously total B.S. to suggest Muslims wouldn't be safe there. Of course if they're there to specifically to aggressively provoke Jews, that's another story.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Because it's obviously total B.S. to suggest Muslims wouldn't be safe there. Of course if they're there to specifically to aggressively provoke Jews, that's another story.

I think you need to look at the whole thread before you misquote me.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

From reading these topics, it sounds like there is a civil war in the UK.

LOL. did anyone get shot yet?

IMO the headline is erroneous. To feel like Nazi Germany there would need to be Brown Shirt storm troopers rampaging through the streets, and there is nothing like that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

From reading these topics, it sounds like there is a civil war in the UK.

Keep your head down. Snipers everywhere.

You're right, of course. Most of these headlines are pure hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Obviously the Nazi thing is hyperbole and that's unfortunate if that makes people think there isn't a real and serious problem of antisemitism. Because there is.

The problem of race hatred certainly exists and needs addressing but imo sensationalist headings - rather than convince people that the problem doesn't exist - only enflame the situation and place a wedge between differing groups.

27 minutes ago, RayC said:

The problem of race hatred certainly exists and needs addressing but imo sensationalist headings - rather than convince people that the problem doesn't exist - only enflame the situation and place a wedge between differing groups.

Sounds tangential.

On 3/8/2024 at 3:24 PM, Jingthing said:

Sounds tangential.

Only tangential if you think that the media has no effect on people.

24 minutes ago, retarius said:

Bullshine article. More propaganda blowing up anti-semitism. Here's the view from the UK's Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/09/im-jewish-and-feel-totally-safe-marching-for-gaza-london-protesters-defy-sunaks-extremist-slur

From the article. Suddenly you don't like the right to protest peacefully anymore?

The second march was taking place mostly in the imaginations of right-wing commentators and politicians who increasingly choose to see these displays of solidarity with the Palestinian cause only as a provocation and a threat.

Following the prime minister’s Downing Street address on 1 March which represented these gatherings as representative of “forces trying to tear apart” our democracy, the latest figure to loud-hailer that version of reality was the government-appointed commissioner for countering extremism, Robin Simcox, who argued on Friday the marches were “a permissive environment for radicalisation”, leading to a hysterical Daily Telegraph front-page headline that read: “London is now a no-go zone for Jews”.

All British Jews should leave now, according to the world's oldest living journalist in Jerusalem, as does this Rabbi. Israel needs you. 

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-771446

Yes, truly the Golden Age of British Jewry is well and truly over. I say this with a heavy heart because Britain has been good to me and my family. It provided a home when we had none, it gave us sustenance when we were hungry, it enabled us to obtain a first-class education – and we all gave back to the country willingly and abundantly, but sadly, it’s time to wake up and the smell the antisemitic coffee that lingers long in the nostrils.

Sadly, my UK friends and family, it’s time to leave – close the door behind you.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-777067

To our fellow Jews in the Diaspora, I speak from the heart, based on my personal experience. Please learn from the past, and wake up to reality. The current wave of antisemitism will not pass but will get even more virulent. I can hear you are calling me a fearmonger. Well, just as events exonerated me for frequently comparing the present with the 1930s, so you will recall my words in time to come.

Therefore, only in Israel will you be safe from the ever-increasing antisemitism, so don’t get caught by surprise. Consider your children’s future. Relocate to Israel, the home for all Jews.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

All British Jews should leave now, according to the world's oldest living journalist in Jerusalem, as does this Rabbi. Israel needs you. 

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-771446

Yes, truly the Golden Age of British Jewry is well and truly over. I say this with a heavy heart because Britain has been good to me and my family. It provided a home when we had none, it gave us sustenance when we were hungry, it enabled us to obtain a first-class education – and we all gave back to the country willingly and abundantly, but sadly, it’s time to wake up and the smell the antisemitic coffee that lingers long in the nostrils.

Sadly, my UK friends and family, it’s time to leave – close the door behind you.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-777067

To our fellow Jews in the Diaspora, I speak from the heart, based on my personal experience. Please learn from the past, and wake up to reality. The current wave of antisemitism will not pass but will get even more virulent. I can hear you are calling me a fearmonger. Well, just as events exonerated me for frequently comparing the present with the 1930s, so you will recall my words in time to come.

Therefore, only in Israel will you be safe from the ever-increasing antisemitism, so don’t get caught by surprise. Consider your children’s future. Relocate to Israel, the home for all Jews.

He’s perhaps doing his part in the ‘If your heart is in Israel’  immigrant recruitment campaign that’s constantly showing up in my social media stream 

Or perhaps the view from Israel is a little distorted from the reality in London:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/09/im-jewish-and-feel-totally-safe-marching-for-gaza-london-protesters-defy-sunaks-extremist-slur

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s perhaps doing his part in the ‘If your heart is in Israel’  immigrant recruitment campaign that’s constantly showing up in my social media stream 

Or perhaps the view from Israel is a little distorted from the reality in London:

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/09/im-jewish-and-feel-totally-safe-marching-for-gaza-london-protesters-defy-sunaks-extremist-slur

I call B.S.

Try being a visible Jew who supports the existence of Israel and go to attend a leftist political group at typical modern campus.

You as a Jew will be put under a very aggressive and intolerant litmus test about Israel/Palestine.

If you don't agree with extremist anti Israel rhetoric (stuff like genocide, apartheid, failed Zionist project, white colonialist failed experiment, etc.) you will not only not be allowed to join this group but you will experience explicit Jew hatred. Guaranteed. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I call B.S.

Try being a visible Jew who supports the existence of Israel and go to attend a leftist political group at typical modern campus.

You as a Jew will be put under a very aggressive and intolerant litmus test about Israel/Palestine.

If you don't agree with extremist anti Israel rhetoric (stuff like genocide, apartheid, failed Zionist project, white colonialist failed experiment, etc.) you will not only not be allowed to join this group but you will experience explicit Jew hatred. Guaranteed. 

Their message is simpler than that. If you don't also support a Palestinian state you are persona non grata.  It a basic racist precept.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Their message is simpler than that. If you don't also support a Palestinian state you are persona non grata.  It a basic racist precept.

Its more like if you want Israel to continue to exist you're out.

You're in denial about the level of Jew hatred coming from the left.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Any person who would have their own homeland but deny the same for another does not deserve to walk the earth. That is the sentiment driving the anti-Israeli sentiment both in the UK and world wide.

Israelis should stand up to the zionist eztremism. Many do.

Edited by ozimoron

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I call BS on that extremist statement.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I call B.S.

So let me get this right.

Tim Adam’s, a Jewish journalist provides an account of his experience marching with the peace protestors, pays particular attention to his experience being diametrically opposed to the ‘hate marches’ that thy are being characterized as, and and backs up his own accounts with those from other named Jews taking part in the march.

You call this BS and your basis for doing so is a prediction of what might happen in some ‘leftist political group’ or ‘typical campus’.

Real accounts v imagined outcomes.

I’ll go with Tim Adams

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know something about Christianity and Islam having been brought up a Christian and working for years in an islamic country, and I don't think there is much difference between the core values of both. The extremist element of both is add ons by people I do not respect.

What extremist element of Christianity?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this right.

Tim Adam’s, a Jewish journalist provides an account of his experience marching with the peace protestors, pays particular attention to his experience being diametrically opposed to the ‘hate marches’ that thy are being characterized as, and and backs up his own accounts with those from other named Jews taking part in the march.

You call this BS and your basis for doing so is a prediction of what might happen in some ‘leftist political group’ or ‘typical campus’.

Real accounts v imagined outcomes.

I’ll go with Tim Adams

My point was totally valid.

The dominant leftist narrative today about Israel is that Israel should have never existed in the first place and should not exist now.

Jews are indeed being put up to Jew hating Israel demonizing litmus tests whether you admit the truth or not.

‘Should Israel exist?’ Should not be the question | The Hill

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My point was totally valid.

The dominant leftist narrative today about Israel is that Israel should have never existed in the first place and should not exist now.

Jews are indeed being put up to Jew hating Israel demonizing litmus tests whether you admit the truth or not.

‘Should Israel exist?’ Should not be the question | The Hill

"The dominant leftist narrative today about Israel is that Israel should have never existed in the first place and should not exist now.".

Nonsense.

The dominant narrative is a 2-state solution.

• Agree 1