Update: Villa owner’s violent act leads to demolition in beach assault scandal

webfact

Why would he want to stay? He's the most hated man in Thailand. There isn't a place in public be can go and not be recognized. Leave grow beard dye your hair and come back in 6-8 months when it blows over, act like you have some manners. Remember you are a visitor not citizen and that you are a representative of your country and your people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Completely unsubstantiated.

As were the false allegations that he was waving a gun while driving his car, hit pedestrians etc.

As per the link

Deputy Governor Sattha Thongkham

Mr Sattha stated that authorities had urged Phuket police to expedite their investigations into the assault case and another weapons legislation violation allegedly involving the Swiss guy.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/phuket-governor-ask-immigration-to-revoke-swiss-mans-visa/

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Now this is very interesting. So far 10 out of 10 houses there are found to be illegal. If immigration don't get him his neighbours might, for putting their place in paradise - and I use the term loosely as it's Phuket - in jeopardy. How many are owned rather than rented, I wonder. Might be some great imminent business for the local removal company. But corruption in land title deeds? Nah, it must be a misunderstanding.

will the developers and the officials  that approved the building permits be investigated

• Like 1

Bad luck for him that she was a Doctor.

Doctor's are revered here. Same as when the young female doctor was run over on the pedestrian crossing by the cop on a Ducati. It was massive news, lots of pearl clutching and introspection. Drivers even stopped at crossings for a couple of weeks. If the Swiss dude had kicked the maid nobody would have cared.

I guess the stairs are being demolished because they encroach on land owned by the highest power in the land. Now the case has gone viral that could have ended up very badly for the owner. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

will the developers and the officials  that approved the building permits be investigated

Should be, especially he land department 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

As per the link

Mr Sattha stated that authorities had urged Phuket police to expedite their investigations into the assault case and another weapons legislation violation allegedly involving the Swiss guy.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/phuket-governor-ask-immigration-to-revoke-swiss-mans-visa/

As I said, completely unsubstantiated, along with many of the other allegations. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As I said, completely unsubstantiated, along with many of the other allegations. 

It that was the case why would the

Just now, vinny41 said:

It that was the case why would the

You were the one that posted, and I quote, “reports on Facebook anyone that attempted to access the beach were chased away by a foreigner waving a shotgun stating this is a private beach”.

There's no evidence of this being true, therefore it is unsubstantiated at this time.

If you have any evidence of the Swiss guy waving a shotgun about on the beach, then post it here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

My wife has just told me that a Thai news program has just said that his visa has been revoked ... waiting for further confirmation with fingers crossed  

Update: she tells me he has been given a temporary visa in order to go to court

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Thumbs Up 1

He's pretty much going to have problems wherever he goes in the country as everyone will know him practically.

Not to mention the people running dodgy businesses, dodgy development or house owners that will now possibly be getting looked into due to his behaviour and will be less than happy at being checked out .

Unbelievable hypocrisy. One foreigner in a fit of pique puts a foot wrong and the whole of Thailand yells for blood, never mind his Thai wife exploding in a foul mouthed rant. Meanwhile brutal domestic violence goes unchecked, teenagers roam the streets gunning each other down, land titles are issued according to size of accompanying wad, people have their lives destroyed by drunk drivers, illegal logging, human trafficking, scam call centres are flourishing, and fleeing little shxt parties on abroad after running over, dragging and abandoning dead cop goes unpunished thanks to broken justice system etc etc etc. Shame on you! Mob mentality. Back to sleep you go.

Edited by bradiston
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

My wife has just told me that a Thai news program has just said that his visa has been revoked ... waiting for further confirmation with fingers crossed  

Update: she tells me he has been given a temporary visa in order to go to court

Yes he will be allowed to stay pending time for court to hear and decide the outcome of the criminal charges. 

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

that depends on whether any more envelopes come into play

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I understand your sentiment, and agree to an extent. However, I think without this kind of exposure, this guy would have somehow bought his way out of this incident.

He obviously has a superiority complex, and a ghastly sense of entitlement; and he seems to have infected his Thai wife with both of those nauseating traits.

Social media exposure doing a worthwhile job on this occasion; this classless, graceless, degenerate is toast, and deservedly so.

I get where you are coming from and yea social media exposure can be good (and bad). But involving the Prime Minister of the country? Has he nothing better to do? What can he actually do other than say "do something!"? It's a publicity and propaganda stunt. Dangerous too. It could very well prevent him from buying himself out of the mess he created but it also has the very real chance of destroying his life completely which seems to me like a punishment that far exceeds the crime.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I get where you are coming from and yea social media exposure can be good (and bad). But involving the Prime Minister of the country? Has he nothing better to do? What can he actually do other than say "do something!"? It's a publicity and propaganda stunt. Dangerous too. It could very well prevent him from buying himself out of the mess he created but it also has the very real chance of destroying his life completely which seems to me like a punishment that far exceeds the crime.

Let's not make excuses for Dave's attitude on a few occasions in the Land of Smiles.............😉

Just now, transam said:

Let's not make excuses for Dave's attitude on a few occasions in the Land of Smiles.............😉

I'm not excusing him in any way. People behaving badly should be punished. But how is that in any way warranting the Prime Ministers involvement? Should he be involved in any case of a foreigner harming a Thai? If not, why? Just this time? To make an example out of the guy? Doesn't sound like justice to me. It's populist poltics.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

I'm not excusing him in any way. People behaving badly should be punished. But how is that in any way warranting the Prime Ministers involvement? Should he be involved in any case of a foreigner harming a Thai? If not, why? Just this time? To make an example out of the guy? Doesn't sound like justice to me. It's populist poltics.

Dave has not faced any punishment yet, it seems many from all top to bottom Thais are interested in  Dave "kicking a doctor", who then reported it.

If Dave kicked some bird in Makro it would be in the small print, but he kicked a DOCTOR.............😱

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Can’t do the time, don’t do the crime; and don’t under any circumstances, treat a Thai national, especially a woman, like a piece of dirt, when you are a guest in their country.

You do know he has previous do you ? A while ago he deliberately refused to move out of the way for an ambulance with its siren blaring, compounding this by giving the ambulance driver the middle finger. He’s a piece of work, and deserves everything that is coming his way …. I just hope he doesn’t breed, bad genetics.   

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

There appears to be an issue with land titles

Mr. Adul Chuthong, deputy governor of Phuket province, has instructed provincial administrators to inspect the area around the villa on Yamu Beach where David and his Thai wife are staying. They have already inspected over 10 houses out of a total of over 30 and have revoked the land titles of all ten houses.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/05/phuket-authorities-conduct-extensive-land-inquiry-after-swiss-man-case/

Ouch!

It would be interesting, who really backs Phuket Peninsula Estate Co. and the 100 Rai of beachfront land they acquired (and are seemingly about to loose completely). One thing is for sure, it is unlikely to just be their director, Pimphan Surintarangkul, who has doen little but play golf if one looks up the name.

Either way, steaming * has hit the fan and is about to fly around.

Latest now it really does not matter any more, if the Swiss man can settle with the doctor.

• Agree 2