Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Only orange juice, iced tea, and then a Coke with lunch. How about you?

And, while you're at it, would you tell me what you think this at least 85-year-long conflict has been about and what kind of people have caused it? 

You got that wrong, antisemite, the problem is about 6 months old...........:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You got that wrong, antisemite, the problem is about 6 months old...........:coffee1:

So, you think everything in Israel/Palestine was hunky-dory until Oct 7? No problems? Just Israelis and Palestinians sitting in front of their temples and mosques, holding hands and chanting prayers in Hebrew and Arabic?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

So, you think everything in Israel/Palestine was hunky-dory until Oct 7? No problems? Just Israelis and Palestinians sitting in front of their temples and mosques, holding hands and chanting prayers in Hebrew and Arabic?

Stop making excuses for your intensional, murdering, raping, child killer fanboys..............:coffee1:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you paid attention, I have done several times! But for you I will do it again.

Post war ww1 and ww2 there where many deals with all etnic groups innthe area, and there where a vacum of power to be filled. Terrorist groups created fear and violence and the Zionists was the stronger who managed to establish Israel post war, and the biggest mistake last century. 

Hamas is no worse than the Zionists was, or how Israel treats the palestine and old settlers..

Jewish will forever meet problems with their mindset of being The people choosed by god, and been given the land by god. As long christians world wide still believe the same, and support them, this will continue forever, or the Palestines have to give in, and accept defeat. After all they share common ancestors. Same people

There might be a change in world order, and the Arabs conquer the area once again. It is a possibility 

Funny fact, Abrahams family is from Persia and Judaism is inspired from Zoroastrianism.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

This is where some kind of logic should kick in, people are preaching that Israel shouldn't live in Israel because their ancestors didn't live there.

Yes incredible hypocrisy and also massively absurd considering Jewish ancestors DID live there. Sorry, but it's Jew hatred. One impossible standard for Jews only.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Sanders: U.S. putting conditions on aid for Israel would be "the right thing to do" "

"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called on the Biden administration to suspend or condition aid to Israel during an appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday. "

"We are looking at the possibility of hundreds of thousands of children starving to death. The United States of America cannot be complicit in this mass slaughter of children," Sanders said. "

"Asked by "Face the Nation" host Margaret Brennan if it's likely that the U.S. would halt or condition aid to one of its closest allies in the Middle East in an election year, Sanders replied that it would be the "right thing to do. "

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/10/bernie-sanders-us-funding-israel

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you paid attention, I have done several times! But for you I will do it again.

Post war ww1 and ww2 there where many deals with all etnic groups in the area, and there where a vacum of power to be filled. Terrorist groups created fear and violence and the Zionists was the stronger who managed to establish Israel post war, and the biggest mistake last century. 

Hamas is no worse than the Zionists was, or how Israel treats the palestine and old settlers..

Jewish will forever meet problems with their mindset of being The people choosed by god, and been given the land by god. As long christians world wide still believe the same, and support them, this will continue forever, or the Palestines have to give in, and accept defeat. After all they share common ancestors. Same people

There might be a change in world order, and the Arabs conquer the area once again. It is a possibility 

Funny fact, Abrahams family is from Persia and Judaism is inspired from Zoroastrianism.

Jews will forever meet problems from Jew haters who always have an excuse for their Jew hatred.

The excuses are quite often completely contradictory as well.

Jews are weak vermin. Jews control the world. Jews have space lasers. You could go on with this sickness for days.

This is why the ideology of Zionism developed in the first place. A safe haven of political self-determination. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Stop making excuses for your intensional, murdering, raping, child killer fanboys..............:coffee1:

Every war has "intensional, murdering, raping, child killer fanboys" on both sides. My own country, the USA, had those in Vietnam, and I'm sure in every other war we ever fought. Name me a war that didn't have them - on both sides. This war is no exception. 

I do consider the Hamas Oct 7 attack "terrorism" and despicable. I make no excuses or justifications for it. But, what I can see is what Hamas believes are justifications for that attack. I have posted my speculations on that earlier. You seem to want to think everything started on Oct 7. If that were the case, and if Oct 7 came out of nowhere, I'd agree with you. But it didn't, and surely you know that. 

21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Nobody said that.

The conflict is very long standing.

THIS CURRENT WAR started on October 7 and it was started by Hamas terrorists who committed the most barbaric slaughter of Jews since the holocaust.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

This is where some kind of logic should kick in, people are preaching that Israel shouldn't live in Israel because their ancestors didn't live there.

I believe what he is saying, or what he SHOULD be saying, is Israel has no right to claim they have an EXCLUSIVE right to the land because they believe their ancestors lived there. The Palestinians also have a claim to the land, and both those claims need to be acknowledged and dealt with in a two-state solution. 

Just now, WDSmart said:

Every war has "intensional, murdering, raping, child killer fanboys" on both sides. My own country, the USA, had those in Vietnam, and I'm sure in every other war we ever fought. Name me a war that didn't have them - on both sides. This war is no exception. 

I do consider the Hamas Oct 7 attack "terrorism" and despicable. I make no excuses or justifications for it. But, what I can see is what Hamas believes are justifications for that attack. I have posted my speculations on that earlier. You seem to want to think everything started on Oct 7. If that were the case, and if Oct 7 came out of nowhere, I'd agree with you. But it didn't, and surely you know that. 

I do consider the Hamas Oct 7 attack "terrorism" and despicable. I make no excuses or justifications for it. But

There has always got to be a "but" at an attempt to sound bothered and then instantly goes into excusing the Hamas terrorists for the 7/11 attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

We all know that, but your fanboys started this one INTENSIONALLY targetting civilians, mass killing, and hostage taking thinking they would not be followed.

How wrong they were, how wrong you are covering for their intensional barbarity.

The predicament Gazans are in is 100% their ruler's fault, they and Iran misjudged the outcome.........Losers.........:saai:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody said that.

The conflict is very long standing.

THIS CURRENT WAR started on October 7 and it was started by Hamas terrorists who committed the most barbaric slaughter of Jews since the holocaust.

If you call the Oct 7 terrorist attack that resulted in the deaths of about 1,200 people and numerous soundings, rapes, and hostage-taking, "the most barbaric slaughter of Jews since the holocaust," what would you call the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza that has caused more than 30,000 Palestinians? Just wondering...

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I do consider the Hamas Oct 7 attack "terrorism" and despicable. I make no excuses or justifications for it. But

There has always got to be a "but" at an attempt to sound bothered and then instantly goes into excusing the Hamas terrorists for the 7/11 attack.

No excuses, just clarification. I read your posts, BUT I don't enjoy them.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you call the Oct 7 terrorist attack that resulted in the deaths of about 1,200 people and numerous soundings, rapes, and hostage-taking, "the most barbaric slaughter of Jews since the holocaust," what would you call the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza that has caused more than 30,000 Palestinians? Just wondering...

You don't have to wonder, you are going round in circles protecting Hamas intensional civilian killers.

You start a war, you be sure you can finish it, your lot made a big mistake........

• Like 1

And where do those figures come from, that's correct the terrorists themselves, strange how you hang on to their every word.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

We all know that, but your fanboys started this one INTENSIONALLY targetting civilians, mass killing, and hostage taking thinking they would not be followed.

How wrong they were, how wrong you are covering for their intensional barbarity.

The predicament Gazans are in is 100% their ruler's fault, they and Iran misjudged the outcome.........Losers.........:saai:

As I have posted before several times, I think Hamas knew exactly what the ramifications would be when their fanboys attacked Israel on Oct 7. And that is, Israel would counter-attack with such ferocity and abandon that the entire world would finally see what was going on in Israel/Palestine, and support for Israel would begin to wane.

And, it seems to be working.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

30,000 or whatever the real number is (and it includes terrorists regardless) would have never happened without October 7.

Where are the bomb shelters in Gaza? Oh, I forgot, Hamas didn't build any and used civilians as human shields for propaganda purposes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I have posted before several times, I think Hamas knew exactly what the ramifications would be when their fanboys attacked Israel on Oct 7. And that is, Israel would counter-attack with such ferocity and abandon that the entire world would finally see what was going on in Israel/Palestine, and support for Israel would begin to wane.

Very funny, you're guessing now, as I said, you are like a merry-go-round, going round in circles, though I think you are enjoying yourself.........😉

• Thumbs Up 1

So basically you are saying that the killings in Gaza is down to Hamas, well most of us have been saying that since day one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

For some reason my previous post seems to have gone missing, here it is in the Telegraph. Powerful stuff.

After winning Best International Feature Film for The Zone of Interest, British director Jonathan Glazer delivered one of the most overtly political speeches of the night, as he touched on Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
The Zone of Interest director Jonathan Glazer said he refuted 'the Holocaust being hijacked'
Glazer, who is Jewish, said: “We stand here as men who refute their Jewishness and the Holocaust being hijacked by an occupation which has led to conflict for so many innocent people.” He continued: “Whether the victims of October 7th in Israel or the ongoing attack on Gaza, all the victims, this dehumanisation, how do we resist?”

“All our choices were made to reflect and confront us in the present – not to say, ‘Look what they did then,’ rather, ‘Look what we do now’,” he said of his film, which is based on a novel by the late Martin Amis and centres on a German officer’s family living next door to the Auschwitz death camp during the Second World War.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2024/03/10/oscars-2024-live-latest-updates/

Perhaps off-topic..........:coffee1:

16 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

And where does your link get its figures...Hamas!

It's NPR! Where do your links get their figures? The IDF? Israel's government?