Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why would they tell blatant lies like that about babies, and lie about the deaths in the Oct 7 incident.

They didn't tell lies though , it could even have been that a Jewish family were in their house which was burning down and there were Muslims terrorists outside shooting anything that moved and the family put the baby in the oven as that was the safest place at the time , thinking that an oven would stop the baby being burnt to death ?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

https://www.vox.com/world-politics/24101020/biden-netanyahu-israel-gaza-pressure-leverage-arms-un

Biden is the main problem in this 'war'. He could have stopped the deaths of tens of thousand os kids and women if he had wanted. Shame on you Biden and I hope you get what you deserve. Also, shame on the US peolple who support you.

The USA has a history of fighting terrorists , the USA sides with Israel in Israel's fight against terrorists .

Hamas could have stopped ALL deaths, by not attacking Israel in the first place 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The USA has a history of fighting terrorists , the USA sides with Israel in Israel's fight against terrorists .

Hamas could have stopped ALL deaths, by not attacking Israel in the first place 

The USA is now also siding with the Palestinian's call for a PERMANENT ceasefire.

And, Israel could not have provoked all these attacks by not sizing and occupying Palestinian land. 

• Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

The USA is now also siding with the Palestinian's call for a PERMANENT ceasefire.

And, Israel could not have provoked all these attacks by not sizing and occupying Palestinian land. 

Everyone wants a permanent ceasefire, its easy, release the hostages and Hamas surrender. Done. Its a lie to insinuate the US wants this without the other solutions as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Hamas terrorists, the one true obstacle to peace is now lashing out at the Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas for his pick of new PM

Hamas lashes out at Abbas’s ‘unilateral’ designation of new PM

The Hamas terror group criticizes the “unilateral” designation by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas of an ally and leading business figure as prime minister with a mandate to help reform the PA and rebuild Gaza.

Hamas says the decision was taken without consulting it, despite recently taking part in a meeting in Moscow also attended by Abbas’s Fatah movement to end long-time divisions weakening Palestinian political aspirations.

“We express our rejection of continuing this approach that has inflicted and continues to inflict harm on our people and our national cause,” Hamas says in a statement.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-lashes-out-at-abbass-unilateral-designation-of-new-pm/

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Everyone wants a permanent ceasefire, its easy, release the hostages and Hamas surrender. Done. Its a lie to insinuate the US wants this without the other solutions as well.

Yes, of course, I know there will be other conditions for an agreement. It's a lie to insinuate that I don't.

I hope one of those conditions is continuing talks to work out a two-state solution. I'd suggest something like the 50:50 division of land that the UN designated in the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, of course, I know there will be other conditions for an agreement. It's a lie to insinuate that I don't.

I hope one of those conditions is continuing talks to work out a two-state solution. I'd suggest something like the 50:50 division of land that the UN designated in the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.

You conveniently missed out those other conditions, do you have a link to your initial claim?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Israel will NEVER agree to a 50-50 share of the land!

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You conveniently missed out those other conditions, do you have a link to your initial claim?

There has never been any of your reading of my posts that are convenient. I've posted details of what I would like to see in an agreement numerous times on this and other topics. I'm not going to list them all here again.

Just now, WDSmart said:

There has never been any of your reading of my posts that are convenient. I've posted details of what I would like to see in an agreement numerous times on this and other topics. I'm not going to list them all here again.

I only asked for a link to your claim.

• Like 1

Posts failing to provide links have been removed also a post linking to Hebrew text and violating the fair use policy as well.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I only asked for a link to your claim.

Okay, here are two links to my claim that the USA now backs a PERMANENT ceasefire in Gaza...
U.S. Polls Show Shifting Landscapes on Gaza Ceasefire - Bridge Initiative (georgetown.edu)

Most US Voters Support Permanent Ceasefire in Gaza, New Polling Finds | Truthout

14 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's a poll, not the US gov and actually 74% of the US public want a full ceasefire and release of all hostages. 

image.png.d26aadb90d39814e6b8bca2563f5843e.png

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2024/2/27/voters-support-the-us-calling-for-permanent-ceasefire-in-gaza-and-conditioning-military-aid-to-israel

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's a poll, not the US gov and actually 74% of the US public want a full ceasefire and release of all hostages. 

image.png.d26aadb90d39814e6b8bca2563f5843e.png

https://www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2024/2/27/voters-support-the-us-calling-for-permanent-ceasefire-in-gaza-and-conditioning-military-aid-to-israel

I didn't say "the US government." I said, "The USA..." now supports a PERMANENT ceasefire.

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I didn't say "the US government." I said, "The USA..." now supports a PERMANENT ceasefire.

Full circle then. Everyone wants a permanent ceasefire, its easy, release the hostages and Hamas surrender. Done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

The first link was to a poll that primarily asked Muslims and Jews their opinions , as well as other faiths amd the second 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Full circle then. Everyone wants a permanent ceasefire, its easy, release the hostages and Hamas surrender. Done. 

It's not a circle; it's a Moebius strip.

Here's my recommendation:
1. Immediate ceasefire and withdrawal of troops;

2. Partial release of hostages and exchange of prisoners (about half);

3. Implementation of a 3rd-party (like the UN) peacekeeping force;
4, Withdrawal of troops and permanent ceasefire;
5. Release of rest of hostages and exchange of all prisoners;
6. Forced talks on a two-state solution.

My further recommendation of a two-state solution would be to divide up the land as the UN suggested in 1947 when they created the state of Israel, which divided the land up into about 53% Jewish, 46% Arab, and 1% Common (Jerusalem). Here's a map of that with a link below it. (I'd also include two small "Common" areas, like a large roundabouts, to join the Arab areas and Jewish areas where they intersect just east of Gaza and north of Jenin.)
image.jpeg.8dd857e9de84c38d1f1b840f083dbacd.jpeg

United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The first link was to a poll that primarily asked Muslims and Jews their opinions , as well as other faiths amd the second 

Muslims and Jews can be US citizens, too.

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

It's not a circle; it's a Moebius strip.

Here's my recommendation:
1. Immediate ceasefire and withdrawal of troops;

2. Partial release of hostages and exchange of prisoners (about half);

3. Implementation of a 3rd-party (like the UN) peacekeeping force;
4, Withdrawal of troops and permanent ceasefire;
5. Release of rest of hostages and exchange of all prisoners;
6. Forced talks on a two-state solution.

My further recommendation of a two-state solution would be to divide up the land as the UN suggested in 1947 when they created the state of Israel, which divided the land up into about 53% Jewish, 46% Arab, and 1% Common (Jerusalem). Here's a map of that with a link below it. (I'd also include two small "Common" areas, like a large roundabouts, to join the Arab areas and Jewish areas where they intersect just east of Gaza and north of Jenin.)
image.jpeg.8dd857e9de84c38d1f1b840f083dbacd.jpeg

United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia

Irrelevant what your recommendations are. This has absolutely nothing to do with the ceasefire talks underway right now. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Irrelevant what your recommendations are. This has absolutely nothing to do with the ceasefire talks underway right now. 

Why are my recommendations irrelevant? Are you sure they are not being discussed? If so, what ones are? I suggest many of my recommendations, or some like them, are being discussed—or, at least, they should be. 

26 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Why are my recommendations irrelevant? Are you sure they are not being discussed? If so, what ones are? I suggest many of my recommendations, or some like them, are being discussed—or, at least, they should be. 

Can you provide a link to those discussions with your recommendations? There are plenty of links already provided to the real discussions taking place

6 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Nope

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your website link is as irrelevant now as it was in previous topics

You asked for a link to my recommendations, so I gave you one.

• Agree 1