Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And then what?

We carry on as before, Israel in charge of all aspects of life in Gaza?

We don't have anymore 7/10s, have you purposely forgotten what this war is about?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2024 at 8:59 PM, Social Media said:

Please take note of the OP point one:

"Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War."

This is not a history topic or a topic on Russia, Putin or Ukraine

A reminder of the above notice, should you want your posts to remain

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, If I were Hamas, I'd keep the "most valuable" hostages until last. They are the most valuable bargaining chips.

So if you were Hamas, you would continue ignoring ICJ rulings and continue to commit war crimes by holding hostages

So you would be a war criminal and execution is a penalty for committing war crimes 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So if you were Hamas, you would continue ignoring ICJ rulings and continue to commit war crimes by holding hostages

So you would be a war criminal and execution is a penalty for committing war crimes 

Yes, that's exactly what I'd do...if I were Hamas. As soon as they turn over all the hostages, Israel will invade Gaza, killing everyone they think is or has been connected with Hamas while killing many more that are civilians in the process. And then they will probably do something similar, only probably not so outlandish, in the West Bank.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Since when is mourning death bizarre. What an utterly disrespectful remark.

EDIT. So you edit your post after I replied. Too late. Changing it to something completely different does not hide your original disgusting comment that is  time stamped in my quote. 

I also note I am not on ignore, so why not reply?

Edited by coolcarer
  • Agree 1

The terrorists don't care. They don't care about the lives of Gazans let alone Israeli hostages.

Guterres meets with families of American hostages in Gaza, calls for their unconditional release

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres just met with the families of American hostages held in Gaza, his spokesman says.
Guterres during the meeting “reiterated his call for the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages, including human remains,” the spokesman adds.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/guterres-meets-with-families-of-american-hostages-in-gaza-calls-for-their-unconditional-release/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You're sure about that?

I am fully aware what this war is about.

Not too sure you do, but I know how you are trying to make it about something else. HTH

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'd do...if I were Hamas. As soon as they turn over all the hostages, Israel will invade Gaza, killing everyone they think is or has been connected with Hamas while killing many more that are civilians in the process. And then they will probably do something similar, only probably not so outlandish, in the West Bank.

Agreed. IMO the only reason they haven't killed many thousands more is because the result of more hostage deaths would cause even more israeli demonstrations against netanyahu. If Hamas hands them over without a guaranteed ceasefire, the israelis will not hold back after. They have plenty of bombs thanks to Biden, the colluder in chief.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yep. What do you think is causing all the problems? 

Apparently it's all the fault of those evil Hamas types, as israelis are all wonderful human beings, love peace and would never steal other people's land and oppress them. It must be Hamas that is blowing up all those houses with children in them.

• Thanks 1

The ever so impartial BBC having problems with its Arabic staff being impartial.

BBC plunged into new bias row after journalists behind damning report accusing Israeli soldiers of beating and humiliating medics 'like' videos celebrating Hamas terror attacks

BBC journalists behind a damning report which accused Israeli soldiers of beating and humiliating medics at a Gaza hospital have ‘liked’ videos celebrating Hamas terror attacks and anti-Israel posts online.

The story last week led to worldwide condemnation of Israel, and was called ‘very disturbing’ by Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron who called for ‘answers’.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal concerns about the views of two BBC Arabic reporters, Soha Ibrahim and Marie-Jose Al Azzi, who were credited with working on the story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13205515/BBC-plunged-new-bias-row-journalists-damning-report-accusing-Israeli-soldiers-beating-humiliating-medics-like-videos-celebrating-Hamas-terror-attacks.html

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The ever so impartial BBC having problems with its Arabic staff being impartial.

BBC plunged into new bias row after journalists behind damning report accusing Israeli soldiers of beating and humiliating medics 'like' videos celebrating Hamas terror attacks

BBC journalists behind a damning report which accused Israeli soldiers of beating and humiliating medics at a Gaza hospital have ‘liked’ videos celebrating Hamas terror attacks and anti-Israel posts online.

The story last week led to worldwide condemnation of Israel, and was called ‘very disturbing’ by Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron who called for ‘answers’.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal concerns about the views of two BBC Arabic reporters, Soha Ibrahim and Marie-Jose Al Azzi, who were credited with working on the story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13205515/BBC-plunged-new-bias-row-journalists-damning-report-accusing-Israeli-soldiers-beating-humiliating-medics-like-videos-celebrating-Hamas-terror-attacks.html

What is the point of this story? Is it insinuating that the story about the Israeli terrorists beating and humiliating medics is false? Or is the concern just because the journalists writing the story seem to be pro-Hamas/anti-Israel? And if that's the case, will the BBC also consider it a problem if any of their journalists write stories condemning Hamas but later prove to be pro-Isreal/anti-Hamas? 

Edited by WDSmart
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

What is the point of this story? Is it insinuating that the story about the Israeli terrorists beating and humiliating medics is false? Or is it just because the journalists writing the story seem to be pro-Hamas/anti-Israel? And if that's the case, will the BBC also consider it a problem if any of their journalists write stories condemning Hamas but later prove to be pro-Isreal/anti-Hamas? 

Make of it what you will, its a news article from today and its about the impartiality of some of its staff. Not quite as bad as the terrorists who worked for Al Jazeera

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Make of it what you will, its a news article from today and its about the impartiality of some of its staff. Not quite as bad as the terrorists who worked for Al Jazeera

I make of it what it is—one-sided. This has nothing to do with Al Jazeera. It now has to do with a "problem" the BBC might have if it really wants to enforce impartiality on its journalists. But I don't suspect they will even try to enforce the impartiality of their Jewish pro-Israeli/anti-Hamas journalists when writing stories about Hamas. 

This sounds a lot like many of you on this forum. You can only see one side, and any explanations or accounts from the other side's perspective are considered lies, anti-Jewish, or trolling. That's just not true. There is another side to this conflict, and until that's recognized and dealt with, there will be no end to it.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

I make of it what it is—one-sided. This has nothing to do with Al Jazeera. It now has to do with a "problem" the BBC might have if it really wants to enforce impartiality on its journalists. And I don't suspect they will even try to enforce the impartiality of their Jewish pro-Israeli/anti-Hamas journalists when writing stories about Hamas. 

This sounds a lot like many of you on this forum. You can only see one side, and any explanations or accounts from the other side's perspective are considered lies, anti-Jewish, or trolling. That's just not true. There is another side to this conflict, and until that's recognized and dealt with, there will be no end to it.

I make of it what it is—one-sided.

I expected nothing else from you.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I make of it what it is—one-sided. This has nothing to do with Al Jazeera. It now has to do with a "problem" the BBC might have if it really wants to enforce impartiality on its journalists. And I don't suspect they will even try to enforce the impartiality of their Jewish pro-Israeli/anti-Hamas journalists when writing stories about Hamas. 

I make of it what it is—one-sided.

I expected nothing else from you.

So Bkk Brian, please answer me just one question:
- If you think that Arab journalists who seem to be pro-Hamas/anti-Israel on social media cannot be impartial, do you think Jewish journalists who seem to be pro-Israel/anti-Hamas on social media can be impartial?

• Confused 2

Just now, WDSmart said:

- If you think that Arab journalists who seem to be pro-Hamas/anti-Israel on social media cannot be impartial, do you think Jewish journalists who seem to be pro-Israel/anti-Hamas on social media can be impartial?

No, got better things to do with my time.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news, Hamas #3 confirmed killed along with another commander!

Hamas confirms Marwan Issa killed - report

image.png.d95212d4f53588a80900547162252125.png
According to the sources, the number three in Hamas’s high command was killed in the IDF strike in Nusirat, in central Gaza, while he was hiding in one of Hamas's terror tunnels. 

Hamas stated behind closed doors that Marwan Issa, deputy to Hamas military chief Mohammed Deif, who was targeted in an Israeli strike last week, has been killed, according to a Sunday Kan News report, citing Palestinian sources. 

According to the sources, the number three in Hamas’s high command was killed in the IDF strike in Nusirat, in central Gaza, while he was hiding in one of Hamas's terror tunnels. 

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-792264

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

It won't take much of your time. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just another example of how much we differ.

If I'm asked a direct question, especially on social media, I ALWAYS answer it. I might answer, "I don't know," but most times, I will answer first with a simple "yes" or "no" and then, if necessary, explain my answer in more detail.

Just sayin'... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The israeli apologists never, to my knowledge, admit that israel is illegally occupying land that isn't theirs, and oppress the lawful owners of the land, which is a main cause, IMO, of the Palestinian resistance to illegal occupation and collective punishment.

Any sensible person knows that oppression begets resistance.

If the israeli apologists want to know why Palestinians are attacking israelis, they only have to look at what israel is doing and has been doing since 1948.

Maybe it gives you comfort to "understand" an incredibly complex history and situation in such juvenile black and white dumbed down simple minded terms.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe it gives you comfort to "understand" an incredibly complex history and situation in such juvenile black and white dumbed down simple minded terms.

IMO, a REALLY "dumbed down and simple minded terms" would be Oct 7!

• Confused 1