Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Israel don't want a 2-state solution, that's is why they are happily bombing indiscriminately. Sadly, the world, including the US president admit this is happening yet continue to support them. 

Palestinians don't want two states either.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Israel don't want a 2-state solution, that's is why they are happily bombing indiscriminately. Sadly, the world, including the US president admit this is happening yet continue to support them. 

Palestinians don't want two states either.

I agree, but I think that is the only solution that will ever produce a lasting peace. I hope the UN will be able to force these two into a viable two-state solution.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I agree, but I think that is the only solution that will ever produce a lasting peace. I hope the UN will be able to force these two into a viable two-state solution.

They could start by ordering Israel to cease fire.  

Then ordering the US to stop giving them military aid and bombs.  

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's what Hamas wants. Everybody else wants the hostages released first and Hamas degraded

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's what Hamas wants. Everybody else wants the hostages released first and Hamas degraded

Not "everybody else." If Hamas releases the hostages first, there will be no ceasefire, just a continuing annihilation of virtually all Palestinians in Gaza, and then maybe the West Bank. Of course, that's what the Israeli terrorists have wanted to do for years now.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Not "everybody else." If Hamas releases the hostages first, there will be no ceasefire, just a continuing annihilation of virtually all Palestinians in Gaza, and then maybe the West Bank. Of course, that's what the Israeli terrorists have wanted to do for years now.

Yes I know, I said Hamas does not want that. "Everybody else of note", fixed it for you, the UN head, the UN Security Council, ICJ and numerous other states.

There is no "annihilation of virtually all Palestinians in Gaza" going on, that's just a lie.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I know, I said Hamas does not want that. "Everybody else of note", fixed it for you, the UN head, the UN Security Council, ICJ and numerous other states.

There is no "annihilation of virtually all Palestinians in Gaza" going on, that's just a lie.

I think that "everybody else of note" wants BOTH a ceasefire and a release of the hostages. I think those "of note" assume that will be done simultaneously. Of course, Hamas and Israel want the other side to comply first. This is where a UN peacekeeping force could help coordinate these kinds of issues.

Since you added "of note" to your term, I'll add "virtual" to my term.

If the Israeli terrorist activities in Gaza continue for much longer, "virtual annihilation" will be a proper description. And I'm sure it's their goal. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I think that "everybody else of note" wants BOTH a ceasefire and a release of the hostages. I think those "of note" assume that will be done simultaneously. Of course, Hamas and Israel want the other side to comply first. This is where a UN peacekeeping force could help coordinate these kinds of issues.

Since you added "of note" to your term, I'll add "virtual" to my term.

If the Israeli terrorist activities in Gaza continue for much longer, "virtual annihilation" will be a proper description. And I'm sure it's their goal. 

I think that "everybody else of note" wants BOTH a ceasefire and a release of the hostages. I think those "of note" assume that will be done simultaneously.

Wrong, release of hostages with no preconditions is what everybody of note wants.

Oh and your new lie on your claims of Israeli terrorist activities needs a credible link to it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I don't think I ever said there was a COUNTRY called "Palestine." I said the LAND IN QUESTION was called Palestine, and it was before 1947 and even while the UN established the state of Israel. 

As it has been removed, I would suggest that it wouldn't be a good idea to keep repeating deleted comments .

(See how the two sides differ , one of your side was encouraging one of my side to repost deleted posts , One side trying to help the other side and one side trying to get the other side in trouble)

That is how we roll 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

As it has been removed, I would suggest that it wouldn't be a good idea to keep repeating deleted comments .

(See how the two sides differ , one of your side was encouraging one of my side to repost deleted posts , One side trying to help the other side and one side trying to get the other side in trouble)

That is how we roll 

I don't understand your post above. What are you talking about, and is this something addressed directly to me?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I don't understand your post above. What are you talking about, and is this something addressed directly to me?

How many times do you need to be told ?

When you get asked to keep on topic and to stop giving history lessons , does it register and do you understand the request ?

Or do you just ignore the request and carry on giving history lessons ?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Most Palestinians and Israelis 'do not want a two-state solution', says former Jordanian foreign minister

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2024/02/13/amanpour-marwan-muasher.cnn

This is an interesting interview. A few other notable statements from Marwan Muasher:

- What Israel is doing goes far beyond neutralising Hamas. They are trying to affect a mass transfer.

- If Palestinians are let out, they will not be allowed to return as was the case in 1948.

- It will continue to escalate if the US keeps sending arms to Israel. 10:11: “It has clearly become mass killing. Israel says it is defending itself, but there is no international law that defends mass killing of civilians”.

- There needs to be a political horizon, and he refers to the IRA in Northern Ireland which transitioned from terrorism to politics.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The question that needs answering is what happens after this war ends?

IMO the plan is to make the Gazans so miserable they leave, but unless some other country takes them that is a dead end, so perhaps that's the plan instead, now.

Then, as IMO the israelis are provoking the West Bank Palestinians into an uprising, Gaza solution to West Bank Palestinians.

If the world's leaders finally wake up and stop that, I suspect the israelis want to return to what it was before, but maxxed up control. Get rid of any Palestinian authority and direct rule. Occupy Gaza. Perhaps deport them to the Sinai to live in American style reservations. I doubt the Americans could or would complain about that, given it's what they do.

However, there is a long way to go, and thousands more Gazans to die before it ends, so who really knows what will happen, despite any plan?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the plan is to make the Gazans so miserable they leave, but unless some other country takes them that is a dead end, so perhaps that's the plan instead, now.

Then, as IMO the israelis are provoking the West Bank Palestinians into an uprising, Gaza solution to West Bank Palestinians.

If the world's leaders finally wake up and stop that, I suspect the israelis want to return to what it was before, but maxxed up control. Get rid of any Palestinian authority and direct rule. Occupy Gaza. Perhaps deport them to the Sinai to live in American style reservations. I doubt the Americans could or would complain about that, given it's what they do.

However, there is a long way to go, and thousands more Gazans to die before it ends, so who really knows what will happen, despite any plan?

I wonder why NO OTHER ARAB COUNTRY wants them... ???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

IMO that's never going to happen as long as the colluder in chief has the veto. It's time for the veto to go. Should be a majority vote in the UN general assembly- not a simple majority, but perhaps 60%- enough to prevent a 3rd world block deciding everything. They'd have to get support from western countries too.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That has been explained. By accepting forced displacements, countries consider they would be facilitating Israel's genocide. Your talking point is false.

That's ridiculous... that's excusism... your claim that Israel is committing genocide is a false assumption which renders the excuse null and void.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

That's ridiculous... that's excusism... your claim that Israel is committing genocide is a false assumption which renders the excuse null and void.

The forced displacement of civilians is genocide.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The forced displacement of civilians is genocide.

Next we're going to hear that Israelis calling hummus Israeli food is genocide.

Genocide inflation.

• Sad 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Genocide inflation.

When did forced displacement of civilians stop being genocide?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

When did forced displacement of civilians stop being genocide?

I'm sure when all the hostages are returned to Israel and all the Hamas terrorists are captured or killed you will see that your false use of the word "genocide" is being used by you for effect. 

Never has so many gullible people been hoodwinked by a bunch of lying terrorists. 😕

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

This is an interesting interview. A few other notable statements from Marwan Muasher:

- What Israel is doing goes far beyond neutralising Hamas. They are trying to affect a mass transfer.

- If Palestinians are let out, they will not be allowed to return as was the case in 1948.

- It will continue to escalate if the US keeps sending arms to Israel. 10:11: “It has clearly become mass killing. Israel says it is defending itself, but there is no international law that defends mass killing of civilians”.

- There needs to be a political horizon, and he refers to the IRA in Northern Ireland which transitioned from terrorism to politics.

Interesting for you but nothing to do with the link to the claim wanted by the poster I responded to.

Similar to this one.

Some 67% of Palestinians oppose the two-state solution

https://www.euronews.com/2023/10/15/two-state-solution-losing-grounds-in-israel-and-palestine-even-before-terror-attacks-surve

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 6:53 AM, Jingthing said:

Genocide inflation.

Take those blinkers off man! 

Israel continues to obstruct the provision of basic services and the entry and distribution within Gaza of fuel and lifesaving aid, acts of collective punishment that amount to war crimes and include the use of starvation of civilians as a weapon of war. Fewer trucks have entered Gaza and fewer aid missions have been permitted to reach northern Gaza in the several weeks since the ruling than in the weeks preceding it, according to United Nations Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/02/26/israel-not-complying-world-court-order-genocide-case

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Genocide inflation.

Could this bizarre view be because you have a lot of skin in the game? 

Professor Jeffrey Sachs: ‘US is complicit in Israeli genocide’

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/3/17/professor-jeffrey-sachs-us-is-complicit-in-israeli-genocide

Edited by Neeranam
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:49 AM, Neeranam said:

Take those blinkers off man! 

Israel continues to obstruct the provision of basic services and the entry and distribution within Gaza of fuel and lifesaving aid, acts of collective punishment that amount to war crimes and include the use of starvation of civilians as a weapon of war. Fewer trucks have entered Gaza and fewer aid missions have been permitted to reach northern Gaza in the several weeks since the ruling than in the weeks preceding it, according to United Nations Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/02/26/israel-not-complying-world-court-order-genocide-case

"the use of starvation of civilians as a weapon of war. Fewer trucks have entered Gaza"

Nope, actually more food trucks have been entering than before the war.

image.png.c006ab1117218061a841c441898fc27f.png

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1768565827031216375

17 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Al-Jazeera is not a recognised news source on these boards, how many times do you need reminding, stop trolling!

Just to keep you happy Wobblybob, you're welcome.

Professor Jeffrey Sachs: ‘US is complicit in Israeli genocide’

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/columbia-university-professor-jeffrey-sachs-u-s-is-complicit-in-israeli-genocide-in-gaza/

https://www.news.com.au/world/professor-jeffrey-sachs-us-is-complicit-in-israeli-genocide-the-bottom-line/video/efa03aa7708a749a4ac8db1a5b9a5510

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1