Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

3 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Germany denies accusation of aiding a genocide in Gaza at World Court | Reuters

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is expected to deliver a ruling within two weeks on Nicaragua's request for provisional measures in relation to accusations against Germany for allegedly aiding and abetting 'genocide' in the Gaza Strip.

It is deeply ironic to witness the country responsible for one of the most horrific genocides in human history now accused of supporting the descendants of their former victims in committing a ‘plausible’ genocide in Gaza.

Do you lot not get the topics on here?

Germany prepares for court date over genocide claims 8 & 9 April

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324360-germany-prepares-for-court-date-over-genocide-claims-8-9-april/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Actually its up to Hamas whether they agree to the hostage deal not the US. But that's Al Jazeera for you. I notice Al Jazeera's  arabic tv news was broadcasting Hamas openly calling for all Muslims to join the Jihad. Lovely media org you have there 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Netanyahu making a ‘mistake’ on Gaza, says Biden, as he urges Israel to push for ceasefire
US president gives some of his strongest criticism of Israeli PM yet, saying he needs to ‘empower’ Israel’s negotiators to call for a truce

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/10/benjamin-netanyahu-joe-biden-gaza-mistake-ceasefire-israel-war-palestine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Yea man

Pentagon chief: No evidence Israel has committed genocide

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday said there is no evidence that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza amid the war against the Palestinian militant group Hamas.
Austin, speaking during a Senate Armed Services hearing on Capitol Hill, denied that Israel is committing a genocide after protesters interrupted the committee and called for the U.S. to stop funding the war, which they referred to as a genocide.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4582807-pentagon-chief-no-evidence-israel-has-committed-genocide/

Do you think he could say otherwise when he is giving Israel billions of dollars and weapons? 

I mean , come on man....

• Like 1

Do you think he could say otherwise when he is giving Israel billions of dollars and weapons? 

I mean , come on man....

Yes man. It’s called the truth. Something you may need to reflect on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Some truth for you here:

100 US Senators, only 7 don't get money from the Israel Lobby

https://trackaipac.com/us-senate

The Israel lobby skews U.S. foreign policy decisions and hinders efforts to address Palestinian rights or pursue a balanced approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The Israel lobby skews U.S. foreign policy decisions and hinders efforts to address Palestinian rights or pursue a balanced approach to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 

A little hypocritical don’t you think, a couple of posts ago you were cheering them on……..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Everything, is he not part of the problem/US Government.

Got it, so You think he would lie because a group of Jews would pressure him to. you also think the problem is there are Jews in the US Gov. Careful there you’ll be digging a hole soon

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Got it, so You think he would lie because a group of Jews would pressure him to. you also think the problem is there are Jews in the US Gov. Careful there you’ll be digging a hole soon

That hole was excavated, months ago, when it was plain to see how bad this was going to get, and before I forget their allies in UK are just as bad in both parties.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

That hole was excavated, months ago, when it was plain to see how bad this was going to get.

You can blame Hamas for that one they excavated hundreds of those, but no the hole that you are questioning his honesty because of pressure from the Jews in Gov. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You can blame Hamas for that one, but no the hole that you are questioning his honesty because of pressure from the Jews in Gov. 

I'm pretty fair in regard to blame for this conflict, there both to blame Hamas and Israel. As for the US Gov they couldn't lie straight in bed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see your new avatar doesn't mention Hamas execution squads.......🤔

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'm pretty fair in regard to blame for this conflict, there both to blame Hamas and Israel. As for the US Gov they couldn't lie straight in bed.

Your idea of fair is justifying he Hamas slaughter and hostage taking by saying it’s 50/50. A Hamas apologist by definition. Nothing justify the worst terrorist acts imaginable. 

You also believe in conspiracy theories with all the crap that he would lie because of AIPAC. 

All in all a pretty vile post

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Your idea of fair is justifying he Hamas slaughter and hostage taking by saying it’s 50/50. A Hamas apologist by definition. Nothing justify the worst terrorist acts imaginable. 

You also believe in conspiracy theories with all the crap that he would lie because of AIPAC. 

All in all a pretty vile post

Truth hurts for some, I guess.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:45 AM, Neeranam said:

António Guterres said Hamas attacks didn't happen in a vacuum, they had been due to years of suffocating occupation’ ’What does this mean to you? To me, it means Hamas did not start this 'war'. The head of the UN!

You appear to think this is a war like others in the past. Can you tell me another war where only one side's civilians were being killed? 

Do you think your hope of further Israel action, killing Hamas, and innocent women/kids will end the conflict? I don't. Frankly, it's quite a hope for me to understand. 

Have you any idea the suffering that Gazans will face in the future, loss of families, PTSD, no homes etc? 

Agree. I like your avatar BTW.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Agree. I like your avatar BTW.

Do you also agree with the statement that Neeranam deliberately left out from Guterres?

"the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas."

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Do you also agree with the statement that Neeranam deliberately left out from Guterres?

"the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas."

I've already told you I don't engage in the false "Hamas vs. Israel" dichotomy. Hamas in its current form is an Israeli creation.

Prayers to the Palestinian people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

I've already told you I don't engage in the false "Hamas vs. Israel" dichotomy. Hamas in its current form is an Israeli creation.

Right deflection then. You confirmed you agreed with Guterres remarks but not the ones that put his whole statement into context. Ie nothing justifies the Hamas attacks of 7th Oct.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend untill they turn on you then they need to be put down. 

• Agree 1