Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And you don't get that all Israeli actions since 1948 and beyond lead up to the latest actions of Hamas in Gaza, which may I add are acts of terrorism, but fully justifiable considering Israel have done similar actions for nearly 80 years in the occupied territories against any opposition.

Yes yes, "act of terrorism" such as routing invaders in 1967 and 1973, as well as bombing Iranian nuclear facilities on behalf of all Western countries..

On 3/9/2024 at 11:54 PM, Bkk Brian said:

No wonder UK streets have become "no-go zone for Jews" amid pro-Palestinian demonstrations.

"106 years after he wrote a letter that the pro-Hamas mob don't like, one of their mobsters vandalized a painting of Lord Balfour at the University of Cambridge."

UK pro-Palestinian, anti-Israel activist spray-paints, slashes historic portrait of Balfour

https://www.timesofisrael.com/uk-pro-palestinian-activists-slash-spray-paint-historic-portrait-of-balfour/

It's not just the "pro-Hamas mob" that don't like it, the Balfour Declaration is an infamous document which sheds light on the irrationality of the Zionist project and the political manipulations which allowed it to come to fruition.

The British authorities were opposed to the creation of a Jewish home in Palestine in the early 20th century, as it was an obvious recipe for disaster. During WWI, however, the Zionists, who were politically very influential, sealed a deal with Britain (which was poised to lose the war) to get the US to enter the conflict in exchange for support for Zionism. Hence the Balfour Declaration and the subsequent events.

To those interested in this matter, I highly recommend reading Alison Weir's excellent book Against Our Better Judgment: The hidden history of how the U.S. was used to create Israel. Here is an article on the Balfour Declaration based on her research:

Who Wrote the Balfour Declaration and Why: The World War I Connection

Future British Foreign Minister Lord George Curzon similarly stated that Palestine was already inhabited by half a million Arabs who would “not be content either to be expropriated for Jewish immigrants or to act merely as hewers of wood and drawers of water for the latter.”

However, once the British were embroiled in World War I, and particularly during 1916, a disastrous year for the Allies in which there were 60,000 British casualties in one day alone, Zionists were able to play a winning card. While they previously had appealed to religious or idealistic arguments, now Zionist leaders could add a particularly powerful motivator: telling the British government that Zionists in the U.S. would push America to enter the war on the side of the British, if the British promised to support a Jewish home in Palestine afterward.

https://imemc.org/article/who-wrote-the-balfour-declaration-and-why-the-world-war-i-connection/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

But they haven't, so they currently wouldn't be legal 

It is still a proposal! It's not a mandate like the one Israel gave to Hamas. 

Edited by WDSmart

37 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Of course you lied, you make quotes up and attribute them to other posters. That is being dishonest at the very best, why don't you admit it and posters might take you more seriously. Lying about what other posters say will win you very few friends, prove me wrong, but you know you cannot.

I'm tired of going over the same thing again and again with you. Anytime I quote someone, I do so like the quote of your post above, or "I enclose it in quotes and put it in italics like this."

Anything I did in my previous posts about or addressed to you is like that. You can deny them if you want. 

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

And you don't get that all Israeli actions since 1948 and beyond lead up to the latest actions of Hamas in Gaza, which may I add are acts of terrorism, but fully justifiable considering Israel have done similar actions for nearly 80 years in the occupied territories against any opposition.

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You could go back further but I don't see the point, Israel was declared a State on the 14th March 1948, when the Allied powers didn't have the gumption to stop it, hence the ongoing problems since.

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

So that justifies necrophilia does it, you speak with fork tongue! 

No, I speak the truth, you just don't want to accept it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_war_crimes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_and_massacres_in_Mandatory_Palestine

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:
2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

So that justifies necrophilia does it, you speak with fork tongue! 

No, I speak the truth, you just don't want to accept it:

@Wobblybob, I see I am not the only one having trouble getting you to admit and accept things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

It's not just the "pro-Hamas mob" that don't like it, the Balfour Declaration is an infamous document which sheds light on the irrationality of the Zionist project and the political manipulations which allowed it to come to fruition.

The British authorities were opposed to the creation of a Jewish home in Palestine in the early 20th century, as it was an obvious recipe for disaster. During WWI, however, the Zionists, who were politically very influential, sealed a deal with Britain (which was poised to lose the war) to get the US to enter the conflict in exchange for support for Zionism. Hence the Balfour Declaration and the subsequent events.

To those interested in this matter, I highly recommend reading Alison Weir's excellent book Against Our Better Judgment: The hidden history of how the U.S. was used to create Israel. Here is an article on the Balfour Declaration based on her research:

Who Wrote the Balfour Declaration and Why: The World War I Connection

Future British Foreign Minister Lord George Curzon similarly stated that Palestine was already inhabited by half a million Arabs who would “not be content either to be expropriated for Jewish immigrants or to act merely as hewers of wood and drawers of water for the latter.”

However, once the British were embroiled in World War I, and particularly during 1916, a disastrous year for the Allies in which there were 60,000 British casualties in one day alone, Zionists were able to play a winning card. While they previously had appealed to religious or idealistic arguments, now Zionist leaders could add a particularly powerful motivator: telling the British government that Zionists in the U.S. would push America to enter the war on the side of the British, if the British promised to support a Jewish home in Palestine afterward.

https://imemc.org/article/who-wrote-the-balfour-declaration-and-why-the-world-war-i-connection/

Oh. Interesting...😴

'The Zone Of Interest' Director Jonathan Glazer Speaks Out On Gaza In Oscars Speech

“Right now, we stand here as men who refute their Jewishness and the Holocaust being hijacked by an occupation which has led to conflict for so many innocent people,” the British filmmaker said to applause.

[...]

Glazer and Wilson’s comments have been a stark contrast to the relative silence on Gaza from most Hollywood luminaries throughout this awards season. In many ways, it’s not surprising, given how people across many industries, including entertainment, have faced career consequences for calling for a cease-fire or expressing support for Palestinians.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/oscars-2024-gaza-jonathan-glazer-zone-of-interest_n_65ee57c5e4b032e17a824822

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes, ok explain the rest?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_war_crimes

And why would I? these UN resolutions are mostly BS to calm the agitated ones.

While it is true that we have gained territories since 1948, it has always been in response to unprovoked attacks. So lets hope that Gaza is the last such situation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The word Canaan comes from the Hebrew word Kana an 

Okay, but that doesn't mean they originated from there. I call Brazil Brazil, but my forefathers were not from there. That must have been what the Jews called it when they arrived there after escaping slavery in Egypt and wandering around the mountains and deserts for 40 years - or so the story goes. They are the ones who wrote the story down in the Torah/Old Testament.

3 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

While it is true that we have gained territories since 1948, it has always been in response to unprovoked attacks. So lets hope that Gaza is the last such situation. 

Your a one-way street, you should represent Israel at the UN with such ludicrous idea's, B.S. to calm the agitated lol.

If this isn't sorted out in the not to distant future, this will carry on forever and a day. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Not true , the Arms industries are thriving and they cannot make enough bullets 

Total nonsense, yes while that does benefit the super toxic defense industry, the economy at large is suffering, consumers are suffering, retail is suffering, consumer confidence is way down, alot of people feel uncertainty and fear, and inflation is up.

So, wrong on every count. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

The heading states Isreals war crimes and the text states "Israel's alleged war crimes"

There are many people who cannot tell the difference between an actual war crime and an allegation of a war crime and they think that an allegation is proof of war crimes committed .

Its difficult having a discussion with these guys , because you just end up teaching them basic English and what words mean 

13 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

"Last such situation" before the final takeover, as per the original plan? From the Euphrates to the Nile, eh?

In a letter to his son in October 1937, Ben-Gurion explained that partition would be a first step to “possession of the land as a whole.”

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-hccc-worldhistory2/chapter/the-partitioning-of-palestine/

Greater Israel—From the Euphrates to the Nile

Many of us understand Greater Israel to mean exactly what is described in the Bible, which is to say, from the “Euphrates to the Nile,” or at the very least the reconstructed outlines and demarcations of the historical polities of King David, or King Solomon, or King Herod—all greatly exceeding the existing State of Israel in size and area.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/greater-israel-from-the-euphrates-to-the-nile/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Total nonsense, yes while that does benefit the super toxic defense industry, the economy at large is suffering, consumers are suffering, retail is suffering, consumer confidence is way down, alot of people feel uncertainty and fear, and inflation is up.

So, wrong on every count. 

Ah I see, nothing to do with Bidens economic policies , its the Russians and Israelis causing a downturn in the economy 

The one thing that's not being talked about at all this discussion is the economy, and how waging of war affects the economy. I think right now with the combination of the Russian and the Israeli Wars, the economy is being affected rather dramatically around the world, with a lack of consumer confidence, fear and a great deal of uncertainty having a dampening effect on spending.

At least we know where to put the blame. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Ah I see, nothing to do with Bidens economic policies , its the Russians and Israelis causing a downturn in the economy 

Many of us feel that Biden is doing a far better job running the economy than Trump ever did, with his endless trade wars,  sanctions, and his inability to negotiate his way out of a paper bag. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Many of us feel that Biden is doing a far better job running the economy than Trump ever did, with his endless trade wars,  sanctions, and his inability to negotiate his way out of a paper bag. 

Ah that's OK then .

Trump was the worst President ever in the USA and as long as Biden isn't worse than Trump, then he's doing just fine .

Although that is an extremely low bar to set 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

These are discussion boards, not places to post endless C&P ed words and links 

3 posts with four links in 30 minutes  and not one word written by yourself 

Spamming 

You know as well as I do that I am required to post links to support facts as per forum rules. My posts are indeed written by myself, try addressing the substance.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

You know as well as I do that I am required to post links to support facts as per forum rules. My posts are indeed written by myself, try addressing the substance.

You copy and pasted quotes from books , they are not your words, they are other peoples words 

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You copy and pasted quotes from books , they are not your words, they are other peoples words 

These are my words (top of this page), do you wish to comment?

image.png.3d2abb9f361557a6270926ae20e1900e.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I'm tired of going over the same thing again and again with you. Anytime I quote someone, I do so like the quote of your post above, or "I enclose it in quotes and put it in italics like this."

Anything I did in my previous posts about or addressed to you is like that. You can deny them if you want. 

It is there for all to see, I don't like using the expression, but you made words up and stated that I said them, which I didn't, never have done and never will do, you lied and instead of admitting it you are trying to wriggle out of your hole you have dug for yourself.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

It is there for all to see, I don't like using the expression, but you made words up and stated that I said them, which I didn't, never have done and never will do, you lied and instead of admitting it you are trying to wriggle out of your hole you have dug for yourself.

I'm out! :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes. It was certainly people like you who think Israel can do nothing wrong, is the God-given owners of the land in question, and that Palestinian Arabs are like vermin that have to be eliminated. That is indeed the cause of this at least 85-year-long conflict.

Been drinking this morning? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Oh, good.

1. Does Israel have a legitimate right to claim all of the region for itself?

2. Do you deny that the Zionist credo is that all of the "promised lands" belong to Israel.

3. Do you deny that a number of prominent Israeli politicians and religious leaders have explicitly made that claim recently?

4. Do the Palestinins deserve to have their own country and self determination? Or just Israel.

5. Are the illegal settlements genocide?

6. Is the indiscriminate bombing of Palestinian towns, killing 20,000 people not a war crime?

7. Is the displacement of most Gazans from their homes not genocide?

8. Is shooting unarmed teenagers with live ammo ever justifiable?

If you care to answer more questions I have plenty but that's a good start and I have asked every one of those questions of you without getting a good faith or direct answer.

Well said!

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:
7 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes. It was certainly people like you who think Israel can do nothing wrong, is the God-given owners of the land in question, and that Palestinian Arabs are like vermin that have to be eliminated. That is indeed the cause of this at least 85-year-long conflict.

Been drinking this morning? 

Only orange juice, iced tea, and then a Coke with lunch. How about you?

And, while you're at it, would you tell me what you think this at least 85-year-long conflict has been about and what kind of people have caused it?