Brothel bust: Thai asylum seeker facing seven years behind bars in UK

webfact

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I know from personal experience a lot of Thai overstayers are going down the refugee route at the moment. The system is so broken that the Home Office after an initial cursory case review allows them to work as well. He will no doubt have sent back vast amounts of money back to Thailand using the underground money exchange route which is prevalent in London and kept his gains away from confiscation by the authorities. With a good lawyer, he will get a minimal sentence and go back to Thailand a rich man. It is a well trodden path.

The most common excuse is they have borrowed money from gangster loan sharks in Thailand and are unable to go back at the risk of their lives.

Personal experience, tell us more..............:huh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, milesinnz said:

No problem, he can rent himself out in a UK prison for the next 7 years.... won't be a thousand pounds a night...

Maybe a hundred pounds a night... 

Oh sorry, did you mean currency? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

According to many in the UK, it is only illegal to mis-gender someone every thing else is ok.

That would be a cool day in the uk , if brothels were to become legal establishments. :thumbsup:

Edited by quake

On 3/11/2024 at 4:01 PM, Lopburikid said:

The audacious endeavor came to light last night, revealing that Saranwee Kwanpetch managed about 50 girls across multiple locations in London, all while he was supposed to be under Home Office surveillance. This tells anyone that he wasn't working only. There is a very large Thai Maffia contingent in London. They extort money from the Thai communities, mainly the restaurants and Thai owned businesses. As for being a crime. Most if not ALL the girls working for him, and his bosses would have their passports removed. Plus, it states he was reported as an overstayer by a customer. Doubt that very much, more like he was getting too Creedy or he pissed someone off. 

Yet again, you are shooting your gob off.

Please give a link,  to your claIms of the Thai mafia in central London.

hold on, I know. :coffee1:

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.

6 hours ago, quake said:

This should not be a crime now days, grow up the uk.

The USA is another country that really needs to grow up when it comes to dealing with prostitution. In fact, if it would stop being childish and unrealistic and legalize prostitution, there wouldn't be so many nutjobs running around murdering women in the USA. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

The USA is another country that really needs to grow up when it comes to dealing with prostitution. In fact, if it would stop being childish and unrealistic and legalize prostitution, there wouldn't be so many nutjobs running around murdering women in the USA. 

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, kimamey said:

I can't remember the numbers now but according to the last figures I saw from the government, no they aren't. Also a large percentage of appeals against rejection are upheld. That may have changed but I doubt it.

It's very hard for an asylum seeker to get kicked out of the UK. Once they arrive in the UK it's almost guaranteed they'll be there for several years if not permanently. 

That's why all those young African and Middle Eastern men are coming over on boats from France. The UK is a soft touch. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Next thing you know the media will be claiming that most refugee applicants in UK/USA/etc are fake refugees.

Very unlikely that the mostly left wing main stream media would ever say that. It's only really the independant reporting and online publications and YouTube channels, Tik Toks, X etc. that seem to tell it like it is these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quake said:

All adult sex work should be legal in the uk.

if its consenting adults, including brothels, should be all above board.

like any other business, pay tax, paid workers, health and safety. and all that goes with it all.

Better for the girls and gentlemen involved on all sides.

walking the streets is not safe for all the sex workers. 

Works ok in other countries, uk should do the same.

I agree it should be legal in the UK. But no British PM would have the balls to propose legalising prostitution.  

The press and the opposition would have a field day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Cheaper than a roundtrip and hotel to bangkok

Definitely not!

you still get more bangs for your buck at that price travelling to Bangkok, at least flying economy and staying at budget hotels and still with change to spare.

• Agree 1

The girls didnt hear about onlyfans?

Saw this week in docu, a woman did 250000 $ in ONE month !

Meaning only doing some chats, posing in special way, make pic, selling underwear, anything but having sex. 

Just from their luxury house, bedroom. 

They are not whining at #metoo.

Pimp why would you need one?

5 hours ago, kimamey said:

It depends on what you think shouldn't be a crime. If it's prostitution, then that is legal in the UK. The laws may have changed but I think it used to be soliciting, running a brothel and living off immoral earnings that were offences. I think it's the soliciting bit that causes problems for sex workers as you need to let people know what you're offering.

In my home city of Southampton many years ago prostitutes started sitting in upstairs windows in their underwear with red lights behind them, as they do in Amsterdam. To avoid the suggestion they were soliciting they would be knitting. There would be a bell on the front door with a sign saying "Model available Please ring". It didn't last though. There was also a court case accusing the Inland Revenue of living off of immoral earnings when they took tax.

There was an attempt by one famous lady Cynthia Payne to register her occupation as a prostitute for tax purposes. HMRC refused to accept her registration. She wrote a book about her experiences running a brothel

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree it should be legal in the UK. But no British PM would have the balls to propose legalising prostitution.  

The press and the opposition would have a field day. 

Adult sex work (prostitution) is legal in the UK. However it is illegal to advertise, solicit on the streets or run a brothel. 2 women can work from one property classed as self employed as long as they are discreet 

Edited by RobU

12 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Very unlikely that the mostly left wing main stream media would ever say that. It's only really the independant reporting and online publications and YouTube channels, Tik Toks, X etc. that seem to tell it like it is these days.

While I do not entirely disagree with your comments, I would rather you quote me on what I actually said !!

On 3/11/2024 at 5:04 PM, quake said:

Yet again, you are shooting your gob off.

Please give a link,  to your claIms of the Thai mafia in central London.

hold on, I know. :coffee1:

Go away Troll. I will not raise to your bait. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Go away Troll. I will not raise to your bait. 

No, your the one trolling.

Come where's your proof of Thai mafia in London, shaking down restaurants.

Ps On the subject of trolling, can you name them bars that have them under aged girls in that foreign pedophiles go to.

and have you reported them to the police.

That was your last trolling attempt.

think that was last week :coffee1:

Edited by quake

14 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

He won't get anywhere near 7 years!

He will if there's a human trafficking charge in there. Could get 14 years if any of the girls say they are there against their will. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, quake said:

All adult sex work should be legal in the uk.

if its consenting adults, including brothels, should be all above board.

like any other business, pay tax, paid workers, health and safety. and all that goes with it all.

Better for the girls and gentlemen involved on all sides.

walking the streets is not safe for all the sex workers. 

Works ok in other countries, uk should do the same.

Sex work is legal, pimps, brothels and streetwalking is not and probably just as well.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Sex work is legal, pimps, brothels and streetwalking is not and probably just as well.

So why should brothels not be legal in the UK. ?

19 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's very hard for an asylum seeker to get kicked out of the UK. Once they arrive in the UK it's almost guaranteed they'll be there for several years if not permanently. 

That's why all those young African and Middle Eastern men are coming over on boats from France. The UK is a soft touch. 

Yes but that's down to the delays dealing with their claims which a government minister thought was a good deterrent apparently.

Well if about 70% are given asylum or some other permission to stay then that's only 30 percent who will, or should be removed. There has been a reduction of removals in recent years although the reason isn't clear. It might be down to better procedures on entry stopping people coming in, or it might be down to the normal Tory obsession for reducing funding in real terms. It's certainly the case that they are unable to keep the numbers down, although to be fair, as I said people coming over on small boats are easier to see than those hiding in lorries so part of the increase may be down to that. I don't think the numbers arriving in small boats is that large within the numbers of other legal and illegal immigrants. Not that you'd guess that from the right wing press.

I think the OBR report before the budget based some of its growth on immigration.

As for being a soft touch I think you'll find asylum seekers can work in France but almost never in the UK