J.K. Rowling Insinuates Nazis Did Not Burn Trans Books

Social Media

image.png

J.K. Rowling is once again under fire for her controversial remarks, this time for insinuating that Nazis did not burn books on trans healthcare and research. The Harry Potter author took to Twitter to express disbelief at the claim, prompting swift backlash from users who pointed out the historical accuracy of the event.

Rowling's tweet, which questioned the validity of the claim, drew attention to the documented actions of Nazi-supporting youth who targeted the Institute of Sexology in 1933. This institution, renowned for its progressive work on transsexual understanding and advocacy for LGBTQ+ rights, fell victim to Nazi persecution as its library contents were looted and burned in the streets.

Critics accused Rowling of engaging in Holocaust denial, highlighting the well-documented history of Nazi oppression against marginalized communities, including Jewish people, homosexuals, and transgender individuals. Despite evidence to the contrary, Rowling doubled down on her stance, prompting further condemnation from users who pointed out the flaws in her argument.

One user, Alejandra Caraballo, confronted Rowling on X for her misleading statements, prompting a dismissive response from the author. Rowling's attempt to deflect criticism by shifting the focus to a different argument only exacerbated the situation, drawing comparisons to the practice of moving goalposts.

This incident is not the first time Rowling has come under scrutiny for her anti-trans rhetoric. Despite claiming she never intended to offend anyone, her continued remarks have sparked controversy and drawn criticism from LGBTQ+ advocates and allies.

The latest controversy surrounding Rowling's remarks underscores the ongoing debate over LGBTQ+ rights and the importance of accurate historical representation. As Rowling continues to face backlash, it remains to be seen how she will address the criticism and whether she will reconsider her stance on trans issues.

Source

image.png

I wasn't aware that "trans" even existed in the 1930s. It certainly didn't in NZ when I grew up decades later . I'm sure there were some of that attitude in society, but they kept their druthers to themselves.

I didn't even know they existed till I got taken to a NZ institution in the 1970s, the Purple Onion strip club, which was run by a drag queen, named Carmen. The only name they were known by was drag queen, and I didn't become aware of the "trans" moniker till decades later.

Such was the invisibility of "trans" that some first became aware it existed when the Kinks' song Lola became popular in 1970.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

sexology library ... seriously, how many trans books were there in 1933.  Bit of a stretch is you ask me, although, we need our monthly reminder of Jewish persecution.  What would life be without that :coffee1:

The subject of discussion and Rowling’s remarks is not Jewish persecution.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The subject of discussion and Rowling’s remarks is not Jewish persecution.

Just mention 'Nazis' is all that is needed ... the reminder is implanted.   Why it's in MSM daily, weekly, monthly, and at a guess, 10-20 movies a year, direct or indirectly.  IMHO

And yet, the news-blip includes:

... "Critics accused Rowling of engaging in Holocaust denial, highlighting the well-documented history of Nazi oppression against marginalized communities, including Jewish people, homosexuals, and transgender individuals."

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Keeping suggesting that other posters are "triggered" is rather trolling , because they have to keep replying "No I am not triggered" and they have to explain why .

Not too different to accusing other people of being Nazis/ Racists or what ever .

"Youre triggered / racist/nazi" and get them to defend themselves .

All the same, attacking other posters 

Except I was responding to KhunLA’s off topic bleat about ‘monthly reminders of Jewish persecution’ 

And as he said himself:

Just mention 'Nazis' is all that is needed ... the reminder is implanted…..”

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except Ibwas responding to KhunLA’s off topic bleat about ‘monthly reminders of Jewish persecution’ 

And as he said himself:

Just mention 'Nazis' is all that is needed ... the reminder is implanted…..”

Yes, I did read what he posted when he posted it already

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Somebody else who is triggered.

You even go as far as to tell us just how little it takes to trigger you.

Just an observation.   I've learned to ignore the daily, weekly, monthly reminders.   

My post seems to trigger a couple of y'all constantly ...

... do you prefer to be the kettle or the pot :coffee1:

Same as J.K. can't seem to say anything without people reading much more into it.  I can relate, as my fan club seems to have the same mindset.  Same 3-5-10 posters almost quarantined to comment on my posts.

I don't clear my notifications, so easy to see the same names over & over, depending what topic I post one, which is getting more infrequent of late, since such a repeatedly boring echo box.   Like watching MSM being independently verified by the sheeple.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I think most of us are triggered by Nazis, I know I am.

Many, like me, want to see them all die a horrible death, a la melting away upon viewing the spirits released from the Lost Ark. (Indy 5 was actually quite enjoyable, Mads Mikkelsen makes a perfect Nazi.)

Others probably start to think about a shopping trip to Hugo Boss. Or "how do these jackboots make me look?"

I did recently rewatch "Where Eagles Dare", where Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton dispatch what seemed like a thousand Nazis. So satisfying.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

I think most of us are triggered by Nazia, I know I am.

Many, like me, want to see them all die a horrible death, a la melting away upon viewing the spirits released from the Lost Ark. (Indy 5 was actually quite enjoyable, Mads Mikkelsen makes a perfect Nazi.)

Others probably start think about a shopping trip to Hugo Boss. Or "how do these jackboots make me look?"

I did recently rewatch "Where Eagles Dare", where Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton dispatch what seemed like a thousand Nazis. So satisfying.

I feel the same about commies

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Well, in this case, you can lay the blame at Ms. Rowling's feet.

Regarding movies, Nazis still make awesome villains. But maybe Jim Caviezel will make a sympathetic bio-pic about Dr. Mengele?

That's my chuckle emoji .... nice, JC going from playing JC to Angel of Death.

JC is one of the most underrated actors out their, love his work 👍

Edited by KhunLA