Breakfast Sausage. TGM, JPM or Bucher?

rexpotter

My choice for a breakfast Sausage were these from Makro. Then like everything else over time they No Hab.

Haven't been available for a few months now.image.thumb.png.32ed23b0ffe46d5883a8ae8fef688338.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

I buy King brand frozen from Makro in 1kg packs. Couple of flavours and not ruinously expensive. Kids love them, long thin sausages.

Will give me a try, that's all I was asking. Which are decent product that I can guy for a good price which is less than TGM. I used Makro home delivery once a while back,really great and even cheaper than the store. They show that brand.

Just now, rexpotter said:

Will give me a try, that's all I was asking. Which are decent product that I can guy for a good price which is less than TGM. I used Makro home delivery once a while back,really great and even cheaper than the store. They show that brand.

Just now, rexpotter said:

Thanks to all of the contributions

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Come on ... too easy.   Should have all the spices in your cabinet anyway.  Only thing I do different is add Cayenne pepper, instead of red pepper flakes (too generic).

Villa Markets used to carry Jimmy Dean sausages, but if TGM's are bit pricy, then forget JD's @ VM.

May even find at the better Tops or Gourmet Markets, in the farang ghettos.

1710551579886.jpg

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

For breakfast sausage. It is easy enough to make your own using ground pork. Many recipes are on the web.

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I don't bother with sausage casings, just make patties.   Casings is way too much hassle, buying, cleaning, before & then after using.  Too much clean up for me.

I do use casings. Pretty cheap from Lazada, and my stuffer is a small hand crank job that was about 200 baht, also from Lazada.

My #1 hobby as I don’t frequent the bars☺️

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

1 hour ago, rexpotter said:

Makro sells ground pork, frozen, for less than 90 TB/ kg. A kilo makes a bunch of breakfast sausage!

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm was partial to the TGM spicy sausages, and didn't find them expensive at all.   Quite the bargain, if not knowing how to make or too lazy to make your own.

Now I do make my own.   Think Jimmy Dean sausages with a bit of extra Cayenne pepper.

TGM brekkie, damn tasty:

image.png.d3bc1f00ea42789b0c914d13a2066ce6.png

image.png.90dcbd84ef08c04ae6addab2facb8abf.png

Homemade, even tastier & less than half price:

image.png.7446d6e14dc15d97e652c07bc15212f5.png

Looks like you can fry eggs to perfection , unlike many Thai kitchens that serve up an over fried egg with a hard yolk and colour brown around the outside of the whites . For me , the fried egg is the last part of a breakfast that I make and important to get it right . 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm was partial to the TGM spicy sausages, and didn't find them expensive at all.   Quite the bargain, if not knowing how to make or too lazy to make your own.

Now I do make my own.   Think Jimmy Dean sausages with a bit of extra Cayenne pepper.

TGM brekkie, damn tasty:

image.png.d3bc1f00ea42789b0c914d13a2066ce6.png

image.png.90dcbd84ef08c04ae6addab2facb8abf.png

Homemade, even tastier & less than half price:

image.png.7446d6e14dc15d97e652c07bc15212f5.png

Did you really make that?

1 hour ago, Kwaibill said:

I do use casings. Pretty cheap from Lazada, and my stuffer is a small hand crank job that was about 200 baht, also from Lazada.

My #1 hobby as I don’t frequent the bars☺️

You've mentioned you quit drinking now on every post. Are you sure ts over?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

You've mentioned you quit drinking now on every post. Are you sure ts over?

What would everyone think if I mentioned on every post that I have more money now because I don't pay for sex with horses any more?

Edited by rexpotter
missing word
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, rexpotter said:

You are obviously a much better cook than I. My kitchen does not have products anything like yours.

It would seem you are not a cook at all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I buy mine online from Expats Food Thailand not expensive.

Because of my location the online shopping with delivery charge can make the Sausages etc expensive.

• Like 1

Just now, NE1 said:

Because of my location the online shopping with delivery charge can make the Sausages etc expensive.

I'm amazed how Makro can do this reliably with no delivery charge and I am somewhat north of Pattaya. But the hassle of driving there and back etc, (roads are being repaired endlessly, is another topic) just isn't worth it, and its even cheaper than buying from the store.

2 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Agree but I also buy a lot of their other frozen food at the same time. 

Indian curries are yummy, chicken pies, pork pies, lamb pasties yum, Pizzas,

I'm also to lazy to make my own food, I buy enough to last maybe 6 weeks +.

Mrs. B comes home late from work, and falang food not really her best skills, unless it's fried. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

My choice for a breakfast Sausage were these from Makro. Then like everything else over time they No Hab.

Haven't been available for a few months now.image.thumb.png.32ed23b0ffe46d5883a8ae8fef688338.png

That looks like exactly what I want. Will try it and half thhe price of TGM.

3 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

That looks like exactly what I want. Will try it and half thhe price of TGM.

Problem is , they cannot be found at the moment.

21 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

For breakfast sausage. It is easy enough to make your own using ground pork. Many recipes are on the web.

That's what I did in Bangkok and also here in China.  Breakfast sausage and Italian.  I'd suggest taking any recipe list to the Nguan Soon spice shop near the MRT in Chinatown, Wat Mangkon station.  One stop for almost any spice you may need.  Amazing shop, a gem in Bangkok.

https://www.nguansoon.com/index.php?page=about&lang=_en

I'd mix up a pint jar of whatever dry spice recipe I liked (Cumberland and Italian for me) and then it was quick and easy to buy a kg of ground meat, mix it up (adding a little wine), and cook.  I didn't bother with casings.  I'd only have to mix up the recipe once for half a dozen batches of sausage, because that was the PITA part.  Then it was just about as easy to mix up a batch as it was to thaw out some ready made sausages. Which never seemed as fresh (or maybe they used preservatives?).

Edit:  I also make my own pickles with spices from the same shop, and some wine or apple vinegar.  I love bread and butter pickles, and they were very hard to find in Bangkok. 

Edited by impulse

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP was asking about sausage.

Right...and I offered up a compassionate alternative to shredded/minced swine flesh & innards, without any of the unnecessary suffering. Should give it a go.👍

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Did you really make that?

Yea ... the ones in the mini fry pan, too easy.  One on the plate sliced is TGM (Spicy Herb).

Just cooking this at the moment. Cumberland ring. Will fry some onions in the sausage fat and have some (or all) in a baguette with English mustard. Then probably a trip to the hospital tomorrow to have my arteries scraped clean. It is Saturday though......

Cumberland ring.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1