If there is a God – Why ?

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

Prove there is a god.

I don't have to. It is just a theory as something can't come from nothing. 100 times 0 is o.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Penguins walked thousands of miles from the artic circle, just to get on the ark 

And the birds joined the queue and walked on, LMAO. All that food needed is never mentioned nor all the Poo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Hummin said:

How can you be so sure without proofs? Even some say they see the proofs everyday, nobody knows. 

The truth is, we can not be sure of anything in this life, except if we do not eat or drink we die

how can I proof what is not existing, impossible.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

My father died of cancer in 1953 aged 41. My first wife died of cancer aged 49 in 1982. My close friends wife died of cancer two years ago. And now my wife, after 37 year of marriage is undergoing treatment for cancer. A god? You can pray till the cows come home but it won't change things. It will just make some worshippers feel better. 

Same my Mum died from cancer aged 59, never smoked never drank, my sister same same, aged 40.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Dolf said:

I don't have to. It is just a theory as something can't come from nothing. 100 times 0 is o.

And if the Earth isn't flat, we'd all fall off.

Looks like Sparky hasn't kept up with his particle physics. Just because you cannot grasp why something can come from nothing, doesn't mean it doesn't....just like nobody fell off the flat Earth.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

And if the Earth isn't flat, we'd all fall off.

Looks like Sparky hasn't kept up with his particle physics. Just because you cannot grasp why something can come from nothing, doesn't mean it doesn't....just like nobody fell off the flat Earth.

You must be a miserable person.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The way I understand it is that this god fellow was sitting around since time began, bored silly. So after doing Sudoku for a few bazillion years, he felt nobody was giving him the praise he deserved, so 13.8 billion years ago set in motion the Universe, picked out one of 200 billion galaxies he created, chose one of a trillion stars in that particular galaxy, arranged for some planets to orbit that star, sprinkled some complex molecules on it that would eventually become self-replicating, waited around another 4.5 billion years until FINALLY some sentient beings arose that could tell him how great he was.

Of course, this god wasn't necessarily a nice guy---though he demanded all of his sentient beings follow lots of rules---so he enjoyed teasing and bullying his beings, sending them tsunamis and earthquakes, giving their offspring cancer, doing all sorts of nasty stuff---and seeing if the creatures would still tell him what a great guy he is. Many still did, optimistic Pollyannas that they are.

Then like Sally Fields when she won her Oscar, he screamed out: "They like me! They really like me!"

Amen.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

If there is one, he had been resting for a pretty long time.

These God's were invented by humans in the past, to control fellow human beings. If you do this, you will be punished. If you do that, you will be rewarded.

The punishments & rewarding happen at random - so they say, your belief is not enough. Improve your belief.

.... and it goes on, and on, and on.

Just my 2 cents

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Where was god during the London Blitz? Working for Hitler? 

The same place he/it is now. While the humans are destroying themselves and the world. If there is a god he didn't make a very good job of creating humans.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, UWEB said:

how can I proof what is not existing, impossible.

If you cant prove it doesnt exists,  neither prove its existence, how can you conclude it doesnt exists? 

First we have to define god, and seperate beliefs. 

You believe good doesnt exists, I can accept thay. 

All life on earth is related and connected, doesnt that mean anything?

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

The same place he/it is now. While the humans are destroying themselves and the world. If there is a god he didn't make a very good job of creating humans.

The planet we life on, treats all life equal.

The biggest plague for people, I believe is mosquitoes who spread viruses.

Why should we be seperated from animals and every other living thing? 

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Most humans are self centred to preserve their own life.

Where does the soul come from?

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The simple answer is, there isn’t one. 

image.jpeg.da0a25d824999bc282f0a23fcdad9c8e.jpeg

If he was the CEO of a company he would have been turfed out on his ear for mismanagement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

If he was the CEO of a company he would have been turfed out on his ear for mismanagement.

No he would have sacked 80% like Musk did.

2 hours ago, tomgreen said:

I’m in no way a religious man , but my friends question got me thinking .

Seriously ? your friends question got you thinking? 

You never thought of this  before? How old are you? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:
2 hours ago, UWEB said:

There is no God or any similar, that's just a fairy tale to keep the people low. 

How can you be so sure without proofs? Even some say they see the proofs everyday

And not one of them has ever been able to show that "proof".

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Penguins walked thousands of miles from the artic circle, just to get on the ark 

No, they didn't, they walked and swam from Antarctica, much more feasible! No penguins live/lived in the Arctic.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Agree 1