Trump pays $175 million bond

CharlieH

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are probably referring to FDR's New Deal, which you never got over.

Social Security is probably a nightmare for you.  I remember when Republicans called "Medicare" as Marxist.

Why would it be a nightmare for me? I don't like it and I would vote to have it abolished, but it does not bother me at all.

In any event, I was not talking about FDR or Social Security. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You posted that an article in Forbes was leftist.

That was your way of avoiding the content of the article, which described the impact of Trump's tax cuts for billionaires, which was an economic disaster for the middle class.

Screenshot_20240418_203205_Chrome.jpg

I said the article was a leftist hit-piece, not that the publication was leftist. 

In any event we're still waiting for you to explain the details of Trump's "tax cuts for billionaires"

I

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/09/trump-tax-cuts-helped-billionaires-pay-less

Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class for first time

Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

In 2022, 40.1% of households paid no federal income taxes. 

In 2021, the:

Top 1%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 45.78%

Top 5%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 65.64%

Top 10%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 75.81%

Top 25%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 89.23%

Top 50%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 97.66%

Bottom 50%’s share of Federal Income Taxes paid was 2.34%

The top 1%’s adjusted gross income share was 26.3%, while their share of total federal income taxes paid was 45.78%.

But not to worry, Biden has hired thousands of new IRS agents to go after small business owners. 

Foundation - National Taxpayers Union (ntu.org)

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are especially fond of Trump's tax cut for billionaires?

1.  Doesn’t effect me as I’m not and most likely  all of the usual suspects posting are not billionaires.

That being said I’ve got no problem with it.  They still pay more than myself or anyone else posting.

That being said if they do get a tax break, bid deal!  Most are innovators.  They put money back into their business and create jobs.  Capitalism.  

Their high achievers.  More than myself or anyone else here posting.

2.  I’m more concerned about about the policies closer to average working American.

Securing the Border, violent crimes, lenient District Attorneys (unless their going after Trump), inflation, dependence on foreign oil just to name a few.

Billionaire tax cuts are the least of my worries.

The past three and a half years have been a disaster.  Biden’s been the worst president in my lifetime.  Yes, even worse than Carter.

But to give you a direct answer.  Yes, I am “fond” of the tax cuts for billionaires.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/21/trump-income-tax-returns-detailed-in-new-report-.html

The report reveals that Trump on his federal tax returns declared negative income in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020, and that he paid a total of $1,500 in income taxes for the years 2016 and 2017. 

On their 2020 income tax returns, Trump and his wife Melania paid no federal income taxes and claimed a refund of $5.47 million, according to the report by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation.

Your reply is irrelevant to Dandermans question or my reply.

English Comprehension not your strong point, with out a doubt.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/21/trump-income-tax-returns-detailed-in-new-report-.html

The report reveals that Trump on his federal tax returns declared negative income in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2020, and that he paid a total of $1,500 in income taxes for the years 2016 and 2017. 

On their 2020 income tax returns, Trump and his wife Melania paid no federal income taxes and claimed a refund of $5.47 million, according to the report by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation.

Good for him!  All legal.  If the liberal media source is accurate.  They have been known to lie, but you’re aware of that fact.

I know you’re jealous but no need to hate.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Hey has his bond been fully approved yet I recall there were questions as to it’s validity as to actually covering his liability or is it just another scam?

• Agree 1

Just now, Tug said:

Hey has his bond been fully approved yet I recall there were questions as to it’s validity as to actually covering his liability or is it just another scam?

As per the Judge's order above, the 22 April hearing has gone from whether the Knight/Trump bond can justify its dodgy existence to the AG James et al having to prove why their objection to the bond was not taken "unnecessarily and for vexation" as per the wording of the objection 2506 statute

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As per the Judge's order above, the 22 April hearing has gone from whether the Knight/Trump bond can justify its dodgy existence to the AG James et al having to prove why their objection to the bond was not taken "unnecessarily and for vexation" as per the wording of the objection 2506 statute

So is it still unsettled?im just a lay person seems unclear and thanks for the response 

Edited by Tug

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

You asked for a link I like to this topic.

The topic is: Trump pays $175 million bond

I asked another member, not you. But thanks for your recent posts. Some good information!

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of Salon, but an interesting read.

https://www.salon.com/2024/04/16/absurd-experts-say-still-playing-games-with-fraud-bond--and-it-could-blow-up-in-his-face/

The insurer — based in California and registered in Delaware — does not have a license to issue bonds in New York or have the necessary certificate of qualification from the state Department of Financial Services, which Germain notes are required by New York insurance law.

"The AG has valid reasons for questioning the validity of a bond posted by an out-of-state insurer without a certificate from the Insurance department, and having inadequate capitalization to cover the bond," he added. "I am also somewhat doubtful that a reinsurance policy would so clearly cover a default on a surety bond."

• Agree 1