Trump pays $175 million bond

CharlieH

19 minutes ago, candide said:

And in your second source, the NAACP also lauded him.... 😃

“Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” read a statement by NAACP president Ben Jealous. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.”

Yeah I know, the left loves them some racists. 

Like LBJ and FDR

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Yeah I know, You're trolling.

Is this the only reply you and Roo Island can come up with when you’re stumped and have no valid reply?

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Why would the party that controls DOD require people to loot and burn? If there were a Gestapo wing of the Democratic party (there isn't), they would use the military for their purposes. A Glock pistol won't help you if that happens.

A much more sane explanation of her comment is that some citizens may choose to stop the counting of votes via violence.

You asked me for my interpretation which I gave.  Whether you agree or not it’s not for debate.  It’s my OPINION.

You gave yours which I didn’t request or even care what it was.

Now carry on like a good little climate scientist, jailhouse lawyer and crystal ball reader.

Leave the guns to the big boys.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The technique is actually quite simple. No pressure to tell the truth. Lies have to be defended and pressure on you to tell another lie to support the previous lie. This art of lying and gaslighting that you have mastered. 

So cool and hip speaking woke.  The perfect libertard!

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Lost the plot

Lost your mind!  But the saving grace is you are not alone.

Every liberal has lost theirs.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Is this the only reply you and Roo Island can come up with when you’re stumped and have no valid reply?

When I reply to a trolling comment,  yes.

Edited by candide
  • Agree 1

Company defends Trump’s $175 million bond in new filing
After the New York attorney general raised concerns, the bond company said cash from the former president backed the deal

April 16, 2024 at 4:35 p.m. EDT via Washington Post

Representatives for the firm that posted a $175 million bond for Donald Trump pushed back against objections raised by New York’s attorney general, saying in a court filing late Monday that the deal is “adequately secured” by the former president’s cash.

The filing sets the stage for a court hearing next week in Trump’s New York civil fraud case, where Justice Arthur Engoron will decide whether the bond has met state requirements — allowing Trump to appeal a massive civil judgment and preventing state authorities from seizing his properties in the meantime.

The filing also argues that Knight is properly licensed, including a statement from New York’s former superintendent of insurance, Gregory V. Serio, that Knight is qualified to do business in the state.

https://archive.is/wQoSh#selection-685.0-735.371

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Company defends Trump’s $175 million bond in new filing
After the New York attorney general raised concerns, the bond company said cash from the former president backed the deal

April 16, 2024 at 4:35 p.m. EDT via Washington Post

Representatives for the firm that posted a $175 million bond for Donald Trump pushed back against objections raised by New York’s attorney general, saying in a court filing late Monday that the deal is “adequately secured” by the former president’s cash.

The filing sets the stage for a court hearing next week in Trump’s New York civil fraud case, where Justice Arthur Engoron will decide whether the bond has met state requirements — allowing Trump to appeal a massive civil judgment and preventing state authorities from seizing his properties in the meantime.

The filing also argues that Knight is properly licensed, including a statement from New York’s former superintendent of insurance, Gregory V. Serio, that Knight is qualified to do business in the state.

https://archive.is/wQoSh#selection-685.0-735.371

If the bond is secured by ‘Trump’s cash’, and presumably at some significant rates of interest/service charges.

Why on earth is the bond necessary?

Somebody needs to take a close look at that cash.

The bond issuer’s statement alone is  justification to do so.

Voters might also want to assure themselves that the Presumptive Republican Candidate isn’t in debt to anyone hoping to buy some influence.

Eyes all over that ‘Trump Cash Deposit’ seems more than necessary.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Removed several posts. For the record....

• Topics posted on this forum are free for anyone to discuss and leave their opinions here, within our code of conduct.
  • If other people have similar interests and post on similar topics as you, they are exercising their privileges here and it is not for other members to call them out, or suggest that they have any less right to comment. The content is not yours, it is everyone's. If you don't like someone else discussing things with you, the onus is on you to avoid these discussions, not suggest that they don't take part, or wasting moderator's time asking them to gatekeep.

This is a public forum, and that is how they work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, G_Money said:

I'm still waiting for your answer on what policies of Trump's do you like.

Crickets...

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There was a 20th century realignment of the parties that made your post irrelevant.

You mean when Democrats figured out that by giving them welfare, they could get their votes and destroy their families at the same time for a win-win? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, G_Money said:

You asked me for my interpretation which I gave.  Whether you agree or not it’s not for debate.  It’s my OPINION.

You gave yours which I didn’t request or even care what it was.

Now carry on like a good little climate scientist, jailhouse lawyer and crystal ball reader.

Leave the guns to the big boys.

You forgot farmer, rocket scientist, entrepreneur and bargirl aficionado. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Letitia James Under Pressure to Show Why She Rejected Trump Bond
Published Apr 17, 2024 at 12:07 PM EDT

New York Attorney General Letitia James will have to explain why her challenge to Donald Trump's $175 million bond was not taken "unnecessarily and for vexation," a judge has ruled.

Judge Arthur Engoron set an April 22 hearing after Trump's legal team filed a large amount of paperwork on Monday to prove that Knight Specialty Insurance Company (KSIC) was legally permitted to post the bond for Trump.

If Trump wins the case on April 22, James will have to pay the costs of the former president reapplying to the court with new bond paperwork.

https://www.newsweek.com/letitia-james-under-pressure-rejected-donald-trump-bond-1891350

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You are especially fond of Trump's tax cut for billionaires?

Please explain the special details.

From somewhere other than a left wing news outlet.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are probably referring to FDR's New Deal, which you never got over.

Social Security is probably a nightmare for you.  I remember when Republicans called "Medicare" as Marxist.

The irony is that social security was first introduced by the 'leftist' Bismarck! 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G_Money said:

Please explain the special details.

From somewhere other than a left wing news outlet.

Shame on you. Not knowing the details of Trump's plan to Make America Great Again. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

He asked for and explanation of the special details of a tax plan and you post a link to a leftist hit-piece you likely have not read, typical. 

Please post a link that you like for this topic.