Trump pays $175 million bond

CharlieH

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump, New York AG resolve dispute over $175M bond in civil fraud case
New York AG Letitia James had argued that the bond should be rejected.

April 22, 2024, 11:14 PM

With all eyes on Donald Trump’s criminal trial, attorneys for the former president on Monday quietly resolved a dispute over the structure of a bond he secured as part of the massive judgment levied against him in the New York attorney general’s civil lawsuit.

“What we’re really after here is to move on with litigation, with the process,” Kise had said earlier in the hearing. “The cash isn’t going anywhere…it’s cash. There is no ambiguity.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trumps-attorneys-argue-acceptance-175m-bond-civil-fraud/story?id=109475776

This probably kills this story until after the election.

It's likely that the Court of Appeals will reduce the judgment against Trump to something like $175 million, and the AG will take over the Schwab account.

So, this story is over.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This probably kills this story until after the election.

It's likely that the Court of Appeals will reduce the judgment against Trump to something like $175 million, and the AG will take over the Schwab account.

So, this story is over.

Thanks again for letting us know what is likely.

Here is another opinion from a former appellate judge on thee same court:

15 MAR 2024

It is unclear whether these same five judges will also hear Mr. Trump’s appeal, but David B. Saxe, a former judge on the appeals court that ruled on Monday, said that the court’s decision to short-circuit Ms. James’s collection efforts suggests that some of the judges were uncomfortable with Justice Engoron’s ruling.

“My view is that the court indicates it has difficulty with the breadth of the lower court’s decision,” said Mr. Saxe, who retired in 2017 after 36 years on the bench, 19 of them on the appeals court.

“They had other options available to them, and they issued a broad-based stay,” he continued, which he said suggests “that there is a view that they’re going to need to take a hard look at the lower court’s decision.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/25/nyregion/trump-bond-reduced.html

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 9:04 AM, Roo Island said:

My sources are pretty good. Faux News is bottom of the barrel. But, it gives you what you want to hear, which isn't the truth. I use many outlets for my information. Your stuck inside your echo chamber with only one dodgy source. Drank the kool-aid for sure

The truth!  But I’m you read all about it on MSNBC or CNN.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-rules-against-nyag-letitia-james-says-trumps-175m-judgment-bond-will-stand

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:07 AM, Danderman123 said:

You simply not telling the truth.

Nothing about going after billionaires in the article. High earners and millionaires that aren't reporting. 

There are almost twenty-five million millionaires in the US, and many are small business owners, like you, yes? 

To be clear, I hope every tax evader in caught and punished. Let's start with everyone in federal, state and local governments and then attorneys, and then the people in finance, and then civil-servants and then the rest of us. 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Nothing about going after billionaires in the article. High earners and millionaires that aren't reporting. 

There are almost twenty-five millionaires in the US, and many are small business owners, like you, yes? 

To be clear, I hope every tax evader in caught and punished. Let's start with everyone in federal, state and local governments and then attorneys, and then the people in finance, and then civil-servants and then the rest of us. 

You love your millionaires, too.

It's working people and the poor who you think should pay more taxes.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You love your millionaires, too.

I love most everyone until I have reason not to. 

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It's working people and the poor who you think should pay more taxes.

Why is it you are unable to tell the truth? 

You make false claims constantly and when you get called out for it, you change the subject.

Why not try being honest now and then, it won't hurt you.  

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You make false claims constantly and when you get called out for it, you change the subject.

Since you won't admit your position on this issue, it's obvious what your opinion is: working people and the poor should pay more taxes.

And billionaires should pay less.

Cue the rants and personal attacks, designed to hide your true opinion.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Since you won't admit your position on this issue, it's obvious what your opinion is: working people and the poor should pay more taxes.

And billionaires should pay less.

Cue the rants and personal attacks, designed to hide your true opinion.

Changing the subject again rather than supporting your false claims. 

"Truth is not a left-wing value." 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Changing the subject again rather than supporting your false claims. 

An adult would contest my statement with "I think the working class and poor should have tax relief, and billionaires should pay their fair share in taxes", if that is what they believe.

You often criticize the Dems because they don't help the poor and working class enough. But, you don't support them, either.

Instead, you troll.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

An adult would contest my statement with "I think the working class and poor should have tax relief, and billionaires should pay their fair share in taxes".

Instead, you troll.

Why would an "adult" allow you to defect from supporting your false claim? 

An "adult" would support the false claims they get called on, and not just post links to nonsense. 

An "adult" would admit the link they provided was nonsense when they get called on it, and provide something else to support your false claim, not just keep changing the subject. 

An "adult" would admit when they have made a false claim and correct it, not run away. 

But you will do none of those things, you will just keep running away and changing the subject because your positions are rarely supportable, and when they are supportable, you are (apparently) either not smart enough or too lazy to support them. 

Again: "Truth is not a left-wing value." 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why would an "adult" allow you to defect from supporting your false claim? 

An "adult" would support the false claims they get called on, and not just post links to nonsense. 

An "adult" would admit the link they provided was nonsense when they get called on it, and provide something else to support your false claim, not just keep changing the subject. 

An "adult" would admit when they have made a false claim and correct it, not run away. 

But you will do none of those things, you will just keep running away and changing the subject because your positions are rarely supportable, and when they are supportable, you are (apparently) either not smart enough or too lazy to support them. 

Again: "Truth is not a left-wing value." 

You seem irritated that I back up my claims with data. Because the data is outside your paradigm, you ignore it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem irritated that I back up my claims with data. Because the data is outside your paradigm, you ignore it.

You seem irritated when I point out that your claims are false, and even more irritated when I point out that the data you provide does not support your false claims. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

There are almost twenty-five million millionaires in the US, and many are small business owners, like you, yes? 

Great that you are supportive of efforts to convict Trump for tax fraud. Fantastic!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Ummm...you're the one clinging to conspiracy theories and misinformation...

• Agree 1