Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

FINDINGS ARE A DAMNING SLUR ON THE ISRAELI MILITARY

Alistair Bunkall
Middle East correspondent

@AliBunkallSKY
This wasn’t an accident. It was no mistaken misfire.

The IDF cell tracking the vehicles fired lethal precision-guided missiles into each car, one after the other.

Through blurred nighttime surveillance footage, they saw what they thought was a man carrying a gun and assumed he was a Hamas fighter.

They then assumed everyone else travelling in the vehicles were also Hamas. There was no evidence for this.

They kept firing because they saw passengers still alive.

The basic failure to pass details of the aid convoy down the chain of command is a damning slur on a military that thinks of itself as being one of the best in the world.

The decision to launch air strikes with the intent of killing people, based on unsound evidence, raises deeply troubling questions of ethics in combat.

It's a sad irony that one of the only reasons World Central Kitchen were operating at night was because of their previously good working relationship with the Israeli military.

Had six of the seven killed not been foreign aid workers, whose deaths caused an international outcry, then this investigation would not have happened and the Israeli military would not have been forced to explain its actions.

How many Palestinian civilians therefore have been killed in similar, uninvestigated cases of mistaken identity, we will probably never know.

https://news.sky.com/story/grave-mistake-idf-releases-findings-of-what-went-wrong-in-strike-that-killed-aid-workers-13108160

What does this journalist who said that know about it this? Has he more info than anyone else? What are his qualifications to make such a statement?

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And that is your best response.

Nothing about 7 murdered people?

Nothing about how they were targeted by the IDF?

Nothing about the drone operators "thought'?

Nothing about "I call BS'?

Nothing about the chain of command not being followed?

Just about one word that I wrote that YOU don't agree with.

It is lucky that you could not read my first draft, nor could anybody else, or I would have been banned from ANN for life.

I'm so not surprised. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Suggest you read all that is posted on a link you use to justify the initial findings of the IDF, then you will see the post I linked too.

I read it, I had already posted that link :saai: What has that got to do with a statement from the journalist you quoted?

Was the piece part of your link?

Yes read it....lol

Again:

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What does this journalist who said that know about it this? Has he more info than anyone else? What are his qualifications to make such a statement?

54 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Best you ask Sky News, he is their Middle East Correspondent as stated.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Best you ask Sky News, he is their Middle East Correspondent as stated.

I didn't post his quote. You did. Do you just post quotes without know the credibility of the people you quote?

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I didn't post his quote. You did. Do you just post quotes without know the credibility of the people you quote?

No, I took it that as you posted the link that it was something you would have checked but overlooked, so thought it was relevant to the conversation and something not to be missed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, I took it that as you posted the link that it was something you would have checked but overlooked, so thought it was relevant to the conversation and something not to be missed.

Why are you being so deflective, you posted a quote and you have no idea of their credibility. 

3 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

You are missing the point though. The WCK staff were literally hunted down from car to car over a period of time despite:

• Being in a declared noncombatant zone
  • Having had their exact movements, satellite coordinates and location communicated clearly to IDF
  • Clearly marked cars with WCK's large logo on the roofs and sides of all cars in the convoy. 
  • They called the IDF after first strike but were subsequently hit twice more.

The point is this was not an accident at all. 'People die in war zone' statement is just a smoke screen to justify a heinous cowardly attack which has zero justification or room for error.

I didn't say it was an accident. I'm not putting up smoke screens.

Innocent people die in wars. It's not a shock. Isn't there zero justification for all the deaths in this conflict?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Excuse me, deflective, how so, he is their Middle East Correspondent as stated.

And? He's a journalist nothing else.

BIOGRAPHY
Alistair is Middle East correspondent. He was formerly defence and security correspondent, covering global security issues from conflict to counter-terrorism.

He regularly files from the frontlines in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, North Korea and NATO's eastern border with Russia – as well as the UK.

He has been given unprecedented access to some of the UK's most secretive establishments: GCHQ, the Trident nuclear deterrent, the country's highly secure air command bunker and the UK's covert drone base in the Middle East.

Alistair has covered elections in Pakistan and Turkey, the Eurozone crisis across the continent and humanitarian disasters in South Sudan and the Philippines.

https://news.sky.com/author/alistair-bunkall-499

So he has no more information on this incident than anyone else, thanks for the confirmation and his useless opinion piece

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So he has no more information on this incident than anyone else, thanks for the confirmation and his useless opinion piece

Your so funny, have you read who wrote the piece you originally linked to from Sky News?

Breaking
'They are a target in his eyes': IDF releases findings of what went wrong in strike that killed aid workers
The IDF has released findings of a strike that killed seven aid workers - identifying that a series of mistakes and incorrect assumptions resulted in their deaths.

By Alistair Bunkall, Middle East correspondent, and Katy Scholes, international producer

Friday 5 April 2024 12:53, UK

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Your so funny, have you read who wrote the piece you originally linked to from Sky News?

Breaking
'They are a target in his eyes': IDF releases findings of what went wrong in strike that killed aid workers
The IDF has released findings of a strike that killed seven aid workers - identifying that a series of mistakes and incorrect assumptions resulted in their deaths.

By Alistair Bunkall, Middle East correspondent, and Katy Scholes, international producer

Friday 5 April 2024 12:53, UK

Yes I read it all and what can be concluded is that you have different standards for credible quotes from people. One one side a journalist with no extra knowledge of the incident that anyone else and you happily quote his opinion.

Yet the former UK Attorney General who is also a lawyer you and discard her opinion because she was asked to leave Gov.

image.png.7c553d04818db4c4ad164a805e480b53.png

On 4/2/2024 at 8:27 PM, Neeranam said:

The world has had enough, so have I. 

Does anyone here think these killings don't happen?

They did happen, to people who provided support to a terrorist organisation, while Tsahal soldiers were risking their lives to build a durable peace in this area. They knew the were in a war zone where, even though IDF proceeds with utmost restraint as many of not most military expert would agree, collateral damage occurs.

• Haha 1

One and the same, please enough of this, your post ,(go read it again) was by

My quote, FINDINGS ARE A DAMNING SLUR ON THE ISRAELI MILITARY  from the same link, at Sky News submitted by you, is by the same Author, 

Alistair Bunkall
Middle East correspondent

@AliBunkallSKY

One and the same journalist yes I know.............:saai: He is reporting on an event that others have also reported and we have also read, he knows nothing more than anyone else. 

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One and the same journalist yes I know.............:saai: He is reporting on an event that others have also reported and we have also read, he knows nothing more than anyone else. 

OK,fine :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What would Israel have to gain from killing innocent aid workers intentionally? 

This incident is a huge PR blow to Israel's war effort. Their closest allies are now under pressure to withdraw arms supplies. 

Nobody in their right mind can think this was done on purpose. Terrible mistake yes. Incompetence probably. Intentional - no chance! 

Too true! 

Yer can't beat an ill thought out conspiracy theory though, without conspiracy they would have nothing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Neither am I, at your so called response.

Its disgusting Bill. I thought I couldn't be more disgusted by the IDF, but am continuing to be more disgusted, as well as the attitude of the Islamophobia and lack of humanity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Its disgusting Bill. I thought I couldn't be more disgusted by the IDF, but am continuing to be more disgusted, as well as the attitude of the Islamophobia and lack of humanity. 

The IDF agree with you , they were not happy with the bombings either .

The IDF have removed the two solders responsible for the mistake  and have taken steps to make sure that it doesn't happen again .

This was a mistake by two soldier, rather than IDF policy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

They did happen, to people who provided support to a terrorist organisation, while Tsahal soldiers were risking their lives to build a durable peace in this area. They knew the were in a war zone where, even though IDF proceeds with utmost restraint as many of not most military expert would agree, collateral damage occurs.

You are justifying indescriminate bombings. 

I don't want anything to do with you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1