Thai doctor offered bribe to drop lawsuit in Swiss scandal

webfact

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Considering no-one would have ever heard about this if he had just apologised at the scene, or agreed to walk away without apologising - as offered by the victim - it is amazing how big this has become. And all through his own, entitled, arrogant actions. He just can't stop digging.

I think we can also agree than in at least 9 out of 10 cases the victim would not have gone to the police. And for all those victims to visited the police I guess another 9 out of 10 would get a compensation of maybe 500 to 1000B. 

If everybody who would kick someone in Thailand would be treated like this guy, then I guess there would be thousands of cases every month. 

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it is amazing how many farangs here want that the Swiss guy should go to jail and be thrown out of Thailand and whatever else punishment.

Is what he did really such a huge crime in your eyes?

Did you do ever anything illegal in Thailand, maybe pay a girl for a service or so? Remember, that is illegal in Thailand. You should go to jail and thrown out. Or maybe not?

Yes, he did something wrong, and he should be punished. But he didn't kill her. He didn't injure her so that she couldn't walk. He didn't injure her so that she is permanently disabled. He kicked her, it hurt a little, and that was about it. 

All the farangs here cry bloody murder if they started enforcing laws.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

How come nobody questions how the Doctor and her friend got from Yamu Taste restaurant to the north/west side beach of Cape Yamu?
Did they trespass the security guard and then walked through a private estate to get to the public beach? Or did they drive 4km and then walked 1.5km along the north shore?

No doubt Mr. Fehrs was wrong with his very hostile reaction, but the Doctor did something special to get to this public beach.
Only to watch a full moon after dinner? It doesn't make any sense and I think she had an agenda. Or walked via Mr. Fehrs property to the public beach, which upset him before the confrontation.

• Confused 6
  • Agree 2

Looks like the Prosecutors in Phuket are on Swiss guy's payroll, trying to reduce the charges for his benefit. Phuket Police and the Prosecutor's office needs to be cleaned out.

The doctor is smart enough to not accept any money to settle this matter, so that the Police can't claim the matter has been settled.

I wonder what will be the swiss guy's next step? Maybe hire 3rd parties to physically teach her a lesson or make her disappear?

Edited by Banana7
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it is amazing how many farangs here want that the Swiss guy should go to jail and be thrown out of Thailand and whatever else punishment.

Is what he did really such a huge crime in your eyes?

Did you do ever anything illegal in Thailand, maybe pay a girl for a service or so? Remember, that is illegal in Thailand. You should go to jail and thrown out. Or maybe not?

Yes, he did something wrong, and he should be punished. But he didn't kill her. He didn't injure her so that she couldn't walk. He didn't injure her so that she is permanently disabled. He kicked her, it hurt a little, and that was about it. 

Ya but when she fell out of the ugly tree she hit every branch on the way down

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep.

I believe someone wants his elephant business and maybe other assets.

Folk here can't see the wood for the trees. 

Yes, you......:coffee1:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep.

I believe someone wants his elephant business and maybe other assets.

Folk here can't see the wood for the trees. 

What elephant business? Did they smuggle heroin in the big elephants’ asses?

23 minutes ago, connda said:

I've lived her 17 years and "Yes" you can and it's done more often than not.  A good example is in traffic accidents cases where the person who injured or even killed someone due to negligence or aggressive driving (road rage) can come up with a settlement to offer the victims family. Then no charges are filed. It happens a lot. 

Is it fair?  No.  Those who can pay get off free as bird (the rich, wealthy, and connected). Those who can't go to jail, i.e., poor commoners.  But is it common practice?  Yep - it is.  Welcome to Thailand.

Chime in again when you've lived here a decade or so and after you have a couple thousand posts.  You're applying Western standards to an Asian country.  It doesn't work like that here.

23 minutes ago, connda said:

I've lived her 17 years and "Yes" you can and it's done more often than not.  A good example is in traffic accidents cases where the person who injured or even killed someone due to negligence or aggressive driving (road rage) can come up with a settlement to offer the victims family. Then no charges are filed. It happens a lot. 

Is it fair?  No.  Those who can pay get off free as bird (the rich, wealthy, and connected). Those who can't go to jail, i.e., poor commoners.  But is it common practice?  Yep - it is.  Welcome to Thailand.

Chime in again when you've lived here a decade or so and after you have a couple thousand posts.  You're applying Western standards to an Asian country.  It doesn't work like that here.

I like the way it works here. I screwed up driving here many years ago and it was totally my fault. We settled it in the cop station with money and everyone went home. No lawyers, or court dates or judges.

• Like 1