On 4/11/2024 at 3:35 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Close friend had a year, he just booked a flight back but then there was the boarding issues. He explained the issue and that this blacklist expired, shortly after he was allowed to board and got a short interview upon arrival only. No other issues.

He just told an airline agent in a foreign country to ignore a APIS do not board warning ? Good I guess it is not as difficult as I was told 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

He just told an airline agent in a foreign country to ignore a APIS do not board warning ? Good I guess it is not as difficult as I was told 

ChayaTH did not mention any APIS (Advance Passenger Information System)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Where would the boarding issues come from?

You mean where else would the biarding issues come from.

In our country it is much easier to get on a no fly list then it is to get off

Even if just having a similar name and innocent of everything. So,  they introduced the REDRESS NUMBER

a numerical identifier to differentiate one from the wanted crim or undesirable

Maybe for Thailand you might have to contact an agent to get off the no fly list after an immigration ban?

Hello Everyone,

Many thanks for all the comments.

However, still not clear about landing into Thailand and at immigration, what should I prepare?

Going back...even at the airport checking in they will be asking?

Much appreciated all!

Have a great day!

Best regards

On 4/14/2024 at 6:01 AM, Captain Monday said:

Maybe for Thailand you might have to contact an agent to get off the no fly list after an immigration ban?

Blacklisting has nothing to do with no fly list. The fact that someone is not allowed to enter Thailand doesn't ban then from flying.

22 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:
On 4/14/2024 at 10:01 AM, Captain Monday said:

Blacklisting has nothing to do with no fly list. The fact that someone is not allowed to enter Thailand doesn't ban then from flying.

That would also be my 'guess'....      I don't think Immigration alert anyone at all, they simply log the 'entry ban' into their system and thats it.

I could be mistaken, but I doubt they [Immigration] go to the bother of alerting international bodies of an individuals ban.

I'm surprised by ChaiyaTH's story, but wonder if his friend used a passport which contained a big 'BLACK LISTED' stamp ???  and it was for this reason he was questioned upon checking in for his flight as the Airline are ultimately responsible to return someone denied entry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:35 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Close friend had a year, he just booked a flight back but then there was the boarding issues. He explained the issue and that this blacklist expired, shortly after he was allowed to board and got a short interview upon arrival only. No other issues.

31 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I understand that but so then how would the airline staff at a foreign airport have any issue boarding the friend of ChaiyaTH  if not flagged in the APIS system somehow? 

37 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I understand that but so then how would the airline staff at a foreign airport have any issue boarding the friend of ChaiyaTH  if not flagged in the APIS system somehow? 

By setting the big stamp on the passport?

8 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

By setting the big stamp on the passport?

What does a blacklist stamp look like?

Can  agent Cindy-Lou Who  works for Delta airlines in at Hot Springs Arkansas airport read a stamp if it is in all Thai script?

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

What does a blacklist stamp look like?

Can  agent Cindy-Lou Who  works for Delta airlines in at Hot Springs Arkansas airport read a stamp if it is in all Thai script?

I never had one, but I'm pretty sure airport staff will know something is wrong when they go through the passport

11 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I never had one, but I'm pretty sure airport staff will know something is wrong when they go through the passport

Probably something with English as serious as BLACKLIST  is

I have seen overstay stamps in all Thai, and this one from CM posted 

I would not want such a thing in my passport when applying for visas or airport entry to other countries

oversty.jpeg

I have had boarding issues on flights from UK to Laos when transferring at Suvarnabhumi due to having been blacklisted.  The check-in desk had a notification and the airline duty manager had to contact RTP Immigration to get permission for me to board.  No problems on the outward flight but when I returned, via Suvarnabhumi, the long haul airline had overbooked and dropped me from the flight.  This was when flights were very busy at the end of Covid.  The airline re-booked me for a flight the next day and said they would book me into hotel.  I refused, saying that I could not enter Thailand and needed to stay in the International Transit Area.  The airline staff did not believe and asked RTP Immigration who ordered my deportation back to Laos.  Of course, this then gave me difficulties with Laos Immigration as well as having to pay for a hotel until I could rebook via Vietnam.  My claim against the airline to recover the 'lost' fare due to their overbooking was refused!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Encore said:

My claim against the airline to recover the 'lost' fare due to their overbooking was refused!

Standard Procedure of some airlines to reject a claim....  Turkish overbooked and bumped me off a flight a few years back, then refused me compensation (legally  600 Euro's)...   I used and airline dispute resolution ombudsman which forced Turkish to compensate me the full amount

- Flights Originating in the EU / and or EU based Airline

- Flights over 3500 km (ticketed distance)

- Delay over 4 hrs

Thus: Depending on your airline, find an ombudsman which deals specifically with that airline and the should take on your claim (free of charge) - its not your fault of the fault of the black-listing information that they overbooked and bumped you.

[Note: Plenty of online dispute resolution website which take 25-40% - avoid these, they'll just re-direct through the official ombudsman anyway which you can do yourself].