Are you struggling in Thailand?

Celsius

21 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I can utterly assure you they dont "fake" a bank statement !!

Not so long ago I might have agreed with you but having been taken through the process from start to finish very recently it was mind boggling what went on via Bangkok Bank

I don't claim to know the mechanics.  I was just differentiating between going to an agent because you don't like waiting in line and going to an agent because you don't meet the requirements. 

Though, if a fellow doesn't have 400K or 800K to his name, and still gets an extension that requires 400K or 800K in the bank, I am curious how that does work...

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Lightweight.

I live as I want to. I don't have to worry about dying broke.

If you regard yourself as a heavyweight, chances are you have a gut to match.

• Haha 1

Struggling to STAY here, though my income is far above the required amount. 800 thousand baht in a bank account if impossible.For some strange reason, an income of nearly 100 thousand baht a month is just not enough for Immigration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, impulse said:

Though, if a fellow doesn't have 400K or 800K to his name, and still gets an extension that requires 400K or 800K in the bank, I am curious how that does work...

You will staggered as to what goes on......Best talk to an agent if you are ever in need.

Its utterly mind boggling and I'm rarely surprised over anything in Thailand

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

if you do not need to go that route it is probably best not to put your head above the parapet and ask questions regarding illegal activities!

Nope.  I'm just curious.  I guess it's like P4P, which we also can't discuss.  But I know how P4P works...  No mystery there.

I've always figured that one way to avoid falling afoul of the rules is to know what that looks like.  Over the years, we occasionally read about guys who hired an agent but later found out the agent did dodgy stuff for a WP or an extension.  I'm not advocating the dodgy stuff.  But I would like to know how to tell if an agent may be cutting corners or doing something that may come around and bite me.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, retarius said:

I have seen friends struggle here. It is not pretty. As poverty comes in the door, love flies out of the window. 

I'm comfortable at the moment. However, I don't want to live too long and get sick here, and use all my money on medical bills. 

Getting sick in Thailand would be a nightmare, costs are horrendous ('cept USA).. Had CT scan just before I left TH   £700 almost year ago,,in UK they are given out like confetti all free MRI too

Just back from hospital TURPS about to be done, blood work,ct,ecg, piss ,chest breathing whatever, all free  and damned quick  NHS a godsend

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I wouldn't go to Thailand without a decent income/pension and a back up plan if anything happens that would lead me back home. You can live relatively cheaply if you want, but it's wise to have a cushion for unforeseen events. 

Led me back 'ome",events" will surely happen

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nope.  I'm just curious.  I guess it's like P4P, which we also can't discuss.  But I know how P4P works...  No mystery there.

I've always figured that one way to avoid falling afoul of the rules is to know what that looks like.  Over the years, we occasionally read about guys who hired an agent but later found out the agent did dodgy stuff for a WP or an extension.  I'm not advocating the dodgy stuff.  But I would like to know how to tell if an agent may be cutting corners or doing something that may come around and bite me.

My agent is my Thai landlady. She has reliably gotten me an extension of stay every year for around 14 thousand baht.Lowest price I've seen. Of course she and her British husband own a number of condos in my building.

3 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

No Olde Brit should ever move to a country where he or she can't access the NHS.  The greatest healthcare system in the world and I say that as an American. We envy you.

it’s not that great anymore mate!

much love!

BOB.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I made 

I made 40,000 in interest the other day without even getting out my bed!!

much love,

BOB.

so you have the most cash AND the biggest shlong on AN?

First time for sure anyone can make that claim on here. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

so you have the most cash AND the biggest shlong on AN?

First time for sure anyone can make that claim on here. 

I doubt that, but Bob certainly has the biggest spoon on AsinineNow; strewth but he stirs it up.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I doubt that, but Bob certainly has the biggest spoon on AsinineNow; strewth but he stirs it up.

That is not a spoon but either a brain tumour (if it has a brain) or it is just pissed again as usual!

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

Didn't we have a Who Has The Most Cash? contest not long ago?

In any case, all our members are quite well off, scions of wealthy families/royalty in the UK (too modest to use proper titles), and only use visa agents to avoid waiting times at Immigration. No one is "struggling," except that our renters imagine that condo owners are always struggling to sell their condos.

With wealth goes extremely high intelligence (IQ contests a recurring topic), expertise in most anything, authoritative shrewd opinions and prognostications, extraordinarily high numbers of sexual conquests, and of course big d*cks (regularly mentioned and compared).

Exactly. Had I not invested in that 130,000 acre ranch back in 1974, things would have turned out differently. I wouldn't be considered as smart as I am. 

2 hours ago, Tiber said:

Getting sick in Thailand would be a nightmare, costs are horrendous ('cept USA).. Had CT scan just before I left TH   £700 almost year ago,,in UK they are given out like confetti all free MRI too

Spent last night in hospital. Motorcycle hit a fallen tree in the middle of an apocalyptic thunder storm. I was thrown clear and knocked out for a couple of minutes. Crash helmet disintegrated, but saved my bonce. Scraped up by the local "rescue crew" who appeared in 20 minutes.

MRI scan of head, X-rays of just about everything, night under observation. B6000. Not money I had planned to spend but not outrageous. Probably going to cost more of that to put the bike back on the road.

27 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

MRI scan of head, X-rays of just about everything, night under observation. B6000.

Sorry to hear of your troubles but where were you able to get all that for only 6k baht?