Missed out on TM30 after a trip - what is the best choice now?

Went out on a family holiday in January, and once back in Pattaya wife tried to do a TM30 report at immigration and it was absolutely packed, huge line stretching out on the sun, we just gave up. Btw the house isn't ours, but wife has copies of all documents needed.

I'm on a marriage/family extension due in September. Last year I also missed out on a TM30 and they gave us an earful. I don't really mind paying the fine.

The choices I have are apparently:

A- Go do in person on a not so busy day.
B- Don't do it and get busted again on extension day.
C- Use the website tm30.io - although it seems honest I feel a bit awkward giving passport and other documents, they aren't really an official immigration service.

My driver's license expires in a couple months, I think I'll need to visit immigration to get a residence certificate, wonder if the TM30 has any effect on this.

I would really love to sort it without having to go there. 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You should not be required to do a TM30 for trips out of province or out of Thailand. 

I believe Jomtien immigration has a particular approach to this one, read about it many times and they do demand it.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, FarangFB said:

I believe Jomtien immigration has a particular approach to this one, read about it many times and they do demand it.

Not interested in what couple of rogue offices do. 

Yes Jomtien were red hot on tm30 few months ago. 

Believe they are not now.

Folk should be familiar with what their own office require even when it's incorrect.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, FarangFB said:

Went out on a family holiday in January, and once back in Pattaya wife tried to do a TM30 report at immigration and it was absolutely packed, huge line stretching out on the sun, we just gave up. Btw the house isn't ours, but wife has copies of all documents needed.

I'm on a marriage/family extension due in September. Last year I also missed out on a TM30 and they gave us an earful. I don't really mind paying the fine.

The choices I have are apparently:

A- Go do in person on a not so busy day.
B- Don't do it and get busted again on extension day.
C- Use the website tm30.io - although it seems honest I feel a bit awkward giving passport and other documents, they aren't really an official immigration service.

My driver's license expires in a couple months, I think I'll need to visit immigration to get a residence certificate, wonder if the TM30 has any effect on this.

I would really love to sort it without having to go there. 

for the agents, you just have to upload all the necessary documents.  They in turn will charge you a minimal amount when there is a copy of the TM.30 from immmigration.

9 hours ago, FarangFB said:

How would they know if you've been 'out'

9 hours ago, FarangFB said:

I recently was in Jomtien late afternoon. There were zero people in the information office so I took the opportunity to speak to the two immigration officers there. I spoak to them at length about the need to get a new TM30 after a trip abroad.  I was asked for my passport and asked if I had a current TM30 in my passport. They looked at it and they both agreed, without hesitation,  that there was  no need for a new one. 

My 90 day is due next month so I will test what I was told. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FarangFB said:

You should have a TM30 slip in your passport which in theory is still valid.

That being the case, when you come to do the COR just go to immigration and ask for it. It will be a yes or no situation and if rejected do a new TM30 at the time.

A year ago I had my driving Licence renewed in Pattaya by an agent. He was getting very excited that I hadn’t updated my TM30 after several trips out of Thailand, so he insisted on updating it for me (no cost). Since then I made one recent trip out of Thailand and the immigration officer explained that they do not need a new TM30 if I’m returning to the same address.

We’ll see if it’s a problem when I apply for my extension at the end of the month.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I recently was in Jomtien late afternoon. There were zero people in the information office so I took the opportunity to speak to the two immigration officers there. I spoak to them at length about the need to get a new TM30 after a trip abroad.  I was asked for my passport and asked if I had a current TM30 in my passport. They looked at it and they both agreed, without hesitation,  that there was  no need for a new one. 

I have always found it quite amazing that 2 of the 3 immigration depts within Chonburi Immigration have had such a different way of doing things. Sri Ratcha has said for a decade what you were told.

5 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

A year ago I had my driving Licence renewed in Pattaya by an agent.

For the avoidance of doubt, Argents cannot get you a DL nor renew one.  They can help with the paperwork, which is easy anyway, but you still have to go to the LTO for the checks and issue of the DL. No point using an agent for this.  

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, FarangFB said:

Unless you have travelled in Thailand and a TM30 registered in your name in a hotel or something a new TM30 is not required in Jomtien. My TM30 is from 2018 and I leave for 4 months every year and re enter Thailand with a Retirement extension and a reentry permit to the same address. Never had to file a new TM30, yes at Jomtien immigration.

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

This is what my office told me after a trip to Vietnam. They said as I had a re-entry permit and I'm returning to the same address using the same permission to stay so the TM30 is still valid and doesn't need renewing. My friend who had travelled with me was on a visa-exempt entry and they said he must do a new TM30 as his last one was cancelled when he left the country (his 30-day permission of stay was cancelled). He entered getting another visa-exempt and so has a new permission of stay. That was translated by my wife but that is how I understood the conversation went with the IO.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

They said as I had a re-entry permit and I'm returning to the same address using the same permission to stay so the TM30 is still valid and doesn't need renewing

That is correct and also includes those with a multiple entry visa. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes Jomtien were red hot on tm30 few months ago. 

Believe they are not now.

Ok thanks, my experience is from last year.

14 hours ago, digbeth said:

How would they know if you've been 'out'

Last year when getting my yearly extension they saw the stamp I guess, I was out for a week and had a re-entry.

I missed mine on a trip to the UK.

Went to Bkk from Pats for a week 3 months later.Went when i came back ,filled in the TM 30 and the girl didn't bat an eyelid.

PS most of the old guys down there had never heard of a TM30.No probs.

• Like 1