Suvarnabhumi airport and phone check

9 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

YOU might think that you have nothing to hide. But it all depends on what they are looking for. In any case, this is a gross violation of privacy. It is unacceptable.

no it's not, it's immigration and customs doing their job. how often to people on AN complain about authorities inaction? i wish they'd search more people, more than happy form them to search me.

1 minute ago, BangkokHank said:

It's one thing to search a person's bags for contraband such as drugs and weapons, etc., (which I agree they have the right to do). It's an altogether different matter to search their phones (and computers) for whatever it is they are looking for there.

no it's not. it's perfectly acceptable.

• Sad 6
  • Haha 2

Some posters may not have noticed that the topic title is about an event at Suvarnabhumi airport in Thailand. I have now cleaned up the topic.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

It's one thing to search a person's bags for contraband such as drugs and weapons, etc., (which I agree they have the right to do). It's an altogether different matter to search their phones (and computers) for whatever it is they are looking for there.

Do you know how many scurrilous villains are entering

this country without visas or criminals checks ? If you  are not doing anything illegal what could be wrong with a purvey of your messages, contacts and photos? 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

10 hours ago, Dan O said:

Seems they tagged you as a suspect of something. It can be triggered by any number of reasons, flt itinerary, your name matching someone else, duration of stay, travel history, you fit some type of profile they were looking for. 

If the OP posts a pic of himself here including the clothes and look that he had on that day, we can all take turns with our educated guesses as to something that may have triggered them searching him and his phone.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Do you know how many scurrilous villains are entering

this country without visas or criminals checks ? If you  are not doing anything illegal what could be wrong with a purvey of your messages, contacts and photos? 

If I were a dictator, you're exactly the kind of person I would want to have as my subjects: people who believe that they have no rights - and don't deserve them either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1