Where have all the doggies gone?

I just moved back to Thailand and four months ago in the area I stay there was a huge problem with overfed aggressive street dogs. They survived on tossed out restuarant food, and the do-good dog lovers feeding them. Could not even walk around the area at night. So one day I noticed they were all gone, and I mean forty or fifty of them. I also noticed that Chiang Mai really cleaned up the dog problem in the northwest of the city where lots of expats live. Wonder how they do it?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, proton said:

They collect them, put them in a van then dump them somewhere else to continue being the filthy vermin that they are.🤨

ok, not in my backyard

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, connda said:

I've got 8 of them at home.  Well-fed, territorial, and aggressive.  Home security defense in depth.  :thumbsup:

Only have 1, and ditto, territorial, and aggressive.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, proton said:

What have you got worth stealing? 😃

Everything we don't carry around with us.  For some of us, that almost worth ฿1000, for others, maybe ฿1M.  Some things have no real value, except sentimental value.

TBH, not much that can't be replaced, and sometimes hope someone would come and steal all the crap I've collected, as I have a hard time discarding it, or give me a good reason to upgrade.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Pleased to hear that there are less around. Prefer zero myself. Cats too. Maybe a few cats needed purely for rodent control purposes only.

Same on cats. Where I grew up people had working dogs that were for hunting only, for one example. others for security. Most farms had cats that lived without being fed, from the milk from the dairy cows. Good idea. But I really do not like whining cats or dogs that beg.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

In Pratumnak the alphas disappeared, maybe that's the strategy, i do see dogs dumped in the middle of nowhere outside Pattaya.

I see the feeders perpetuating the problem around Wat Yan, why can't they take them in as pets?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Some things have no real value, except sentimental value ...  sometimes hope someone would come and steal all the crap I've collected

Example of that, we're spring cleaning, big coincidence, and yea, I put them back in the closet.  Hats I've might have worn 1 or 3 times, if that.   Hat's of cities I've been to, most in the Americas, and not a hat person.   Or a t-shirt person, unless a good concert.

image.png.719d1dabe8494efae86de216eb72a9ac.png

Couple plastic containers of clothes I'll never wear, as cold weather stuff, some favorite, or commemorative.  And that box of photos, that I never scanned and uploaded.

Good thing we have a dog to protect all that, except when we're not home, neither is she, usually, since the most precious thing that can't be replace :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Difficult to be honest to believe that you've ever really liked dogs, as you claim, after a comment like that; dogs are the most humane, loving, and loyal creatures on this planet, and none of them get a choice as to whether or not they become clean, well cared for pets, or have to scavenge to exist as filthy flea bags. As someone that has lived in SE Asia for a long time, it would be nice to think you had a bit more understanding an empathy for the plight of soi dogs  

His name is Rex. You can't get more dog friendly that that.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Luuk Chaai said:

Ha....  they shipped a load of them here to the Pranburi  Hua Hin area.   We have a new pack of 10 that sprouted...and the nice old lady's come by on their scooters and drop plastic bags of food on the corner for them..I'm pretty quick.  I grab most of them before the mutts and toss them out..had my wife stop one of them last night and ask/tell her to stop..and if she really wants to feed them I would be more than happy to relocate them to where her house is

I also dump the huge tubs of water , I don’t want Dengue again , water not that fresh and larvae stage 

• Agree 1