Helicobacter Pylori

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

That's funny. I asked Sheryl and YOU answer. Probably you're her sibling or Avatar 😂

open forum..some of us have qualifications too and experience..save the silly inferences and PM her if you wish.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, tandor said:

open forum..some of us have qualifications too and experience..save the silly inferences and PM her if you wish.

Silliness is on your side. Just keep quiet. It's good for your nerves.

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2024 at 3:29 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Op, how do you know you have H Pylori? test?

everybody has h pylori... if it overgrows, or you alkalize your stomach (proton pump inhibitors), etc... 

there is a natural way you could try... mastic gum

pylori, and observed that crude mastic gum could kill H. pylori at a concentration of 0.06 mg/mL, regardless of whether the organism was sensitive or resistant to metronidazole. In addition, they also reported that the lowest concentration tested, 0.0075 mg/mL, could significantly inhibit the growth of H. pylori.

1 hour ago, john donson said:

everybody has h pylori... if it overgrows, or you alkalize your stomach (proton pump inhibitors), etc... 

there is a natural way you could try... mastic gum

pylori, and observed that crude mastic gum could kill H. pylori at a concentration of 0.06 mg/mL, regardless of whether the organism was sensitive or resistant to metronidazole. In addition, they also reported that the lowest concentration tested, 0.0075 mg/mL, could significantly inhibit the growth of H. pylori.

i don't..stop making unfounded statements!

6 hours ago, tandor said:

pre 1983 was known as Campylobacter, now known as Helicobacter pyloris...dirty water, chicken, seafood etc.

Luning G et al. Campylobacter pylori becomes Helicobacter pylori. Lancet 1989 Oct 28 2 10191020

FYI.

Very enlightening. Thank you😁

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 6:53 AM, Neeranam said:

Interesting, thanks. 

Just wondering if I get rid of it with my antibiotics and my wife has it , could I get it again easily? 

Both me and my brother had this many years ago. 

Once identified, we had a strict course of medication over a 10 day period and, thankfully, the condition has never reoccurred. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:01 PM, Sheryl said:

HP infection can vary by severity.  When they test for it, either by biopsy or breath test, the results give an indication of the bacterial count (often just shown as plus signs). The higher the count the more likely to be symptomatic.

Interesting, I notice that recently my dog has been interested in my breath. They can smell disease I heard?

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting, I notice that recently my dog has been interested in my breath. They can smell disease I heard?

i know a couple guys that stink because of their diet, keto, the only people who can't smell it is them

There's this: https://discover.texasrealfood.com/keto-clarity-hub/keto-diet-and-stomach-ulcers  - take it or leave it.

After years of buying Omeprazole in bulk and eating Antacil like candy, at the age of 71 all that disappeared for me when I went low carb.

(Worked for me.  Drank some cheap Thai wine last night and got my first acid reflux attack in years, so diet must have something to do with it. Cured it with a teaspoon of baking powder). 

Did the doctor ask about your diet? Problems with the digestion just might  have something to do with what you eat? 

Good luck mate.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, cooked said:

There's this: https://discover.texasrealfood.com/keto-clarity-hub/keto-diet-and-stomach-ulcers  - take it or leave it.

After years of buying Omeprazole in bulk and eating Antacil like candy, at the age of 71 all that disappeared for me when I went low carb.

(Worked for me.  Drank some cheap Thai wine last night and got my first acid reflux attack in years, so diet must have something to do with it. Cured it with a teaspoon of baking powder). 

Did the doctor ask about your diet? Problems with the digestion just might  have something to do with what you eat? 

Good luck mate.

I only eat Weetabix and berries/fruit for breakfast and something healthy for lunch, no meat. I don't have dinner. 

My problem is not digestion. 

Edited by Neeranam

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

My H Pylori symptoms mirrored Asthma and for months I was treated as if I was Asthmatic. It took a Gastroenterologist examination to sort out my problem.

Interesting, I've recently been diagnosed with emphysema/asthma. 

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting, I've recently been diagnosed with emphysema/asthma. 

Knowing what I know now I'd go for the H Pylori antibiotic meds before I have the Asthma meds. It'll save you a lot of money if you first make sure you haven't got Asthma. Not too many doctors here clued up on H Pylori.

• Like 1

Thought I had it a few years ago while visiting Hua Hin with the ex and daughters. Went to a local doctor and told him my symptoms, telling him I thought it might be H Pylori. He agreed, gave me a prescription for antacids and antibiotics, cleared up in two days. I think I might have had it while living in Texas, and maybe again after this one episode, but without checking you can't tell. In hindsight, the doctor actually should have given me a breath test .

Much of the world's population has it or had it, and kissing another is one way to catch it, along with other things mentioned. Many people carry it with no problems, or they might come later, as Sheryl posted. I've had some stomach issues since I moved here and since I've always eaten very healthy, I couldn't figure out what I had besides a guess at IBS, because of the symptoms. I started eating the Brat diet more, Bananas, rice, Applesauce and toast, without the applesauce, because I can't find it here. This helped and when I started on collagen, it got much better, although still have symptoms, but a lot less. Without a gastro doctor, all you can do is process of elimination.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I only eat Weetabix and berries/fruit for breakfast and something healthy for lunch, no meat. I don't have dinner. 

My problem is not digestion. 

Many of us would disagree. Weetabix is not good for the digestion, meat is. You have a disease of the digestive tract, sounds like a digestion problem to me. You can completely change the wildlife living in your digestive tract by changing your diet.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, cooked said:

Many of us would disagree. Weetabix is not good for the digestion, meat is. You have a disease of the digestive tract, sounds like a digestion problem to me. You can completely change the wildlife living in your digestive tract by changing your diet.

What's wrong with Weetabix?

I have a stomach bacteria, not any disease. Nothing wrong with my digestion.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

He does not have a digestion problem or GERD.

He has an esophageal condition and h. Pylori was found incidentally after endoscopy to dilate a strictured esophagus.

Someone asked and I didn't see a clear response.

What is/are the test(s) that can determine if someone has HP? 

Yes, you can get an endoscopy and they can take samples, but that seems quite cumbersome and likely expensive. There's apparently a breath test, and maybe other mechanisms able to determine whether the bacteria is present.

So if someone knowledgeable could tell the tests, and which are available in Thailand, and maybe the estimated cost, it would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Yes, you can get an endoscopy and they can take samples, but that seems quite cumbersome and likely expensive. There's apparently a breath test, and maybe other mechanisms able to determine whether the bacteria is present.

So if someone knowledgeable could tell the tests, and which are available in Thailand, and maybe the estimated cost, it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Urease breath test (important to stop PPIs if on them beforehand, preferrably for 2 weeks)

2. Stool test (antigen or PCR. Usally antigen). Not as widely available here as breath test but large hospitals can do. (Ditto re PPI). 

There is also a blood test (serology) but it is not as accurate as the 2 above and cannot distinguish current from past infection. 

3. I seem to remember paying about 2k for urea breath test. I don't know for stool test but might be 1-2 k. (Private hospital rate). 

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

I paid 2k for a breath test in Bangkok, they gave me instructions, nurse just stood there, not convinced it was carried out 100% correctly so be careful if you do it

On 4/19/2024 at 11:53 AM, Neeranam said:

Interesting, thanks. 

Just wondering if I get rid of it with my antibiotics and my wife has it , could I get it again easily? 

My former GF had it.  She did the antibiotic regimen described by TANDOR and her symptoms disappeared.  They reappeared 6 or 7 years later and she repeated the regimen successfully.  It's pretty clear many of the food practices in Isan contribute to this condition.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Strangely I wake up in the morning now with a very dry mouth and a horrible taste in my mouth, kina metallic. 

Maybe as I breath through my mouth, maybe antibiotics/omeprazole?

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Strangely I wake up in the morning now with a very dry mouth and a horrible taste in my mouth, kina metallic. 

Maybe as I breath through my mouth, maybe antibiotics/omeprazole?

Yes, medication side effect. It will pass. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:05 PM, Neeranam said:

Thanks, I'm taking Amoxicillin and Clarithromicin

That worked for me. I took it with Omeprazole for 10 days and my ulcer pain went away after the course. Now I just take the Omeprazole now and again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

That worked for me. I took it with Omeprazole for 10 days and my ulcer pain went away after the course. Now I just take the Omeprazole now and again.

Be careful, my mother is tapering off that drug. She can't take it because of some other thing, sodium levels I think. 

• Thanks 1