'Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march

Social Media

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Hardly surprising to see such a comment from a confirmed antisemite such as yourself; someone that has expressed his hatred for Israelis with comments like “they are no better than the Nazis of WW2”

I still have the screenshots of some of your appalling comments Jeff, just in case you go into denial mode ¯\_()_/¯

Yes, great, now back on topic, openly Jewish man, a charlatan, lucky not to be arrested, maybe next march on Saturday 27th April 2024, if he dares to show his face. 

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I find it hard to believe the pro-israel mob are trying to twist this into a win for your cause, major fail the UK public are laughing at you big time.

You seem to view this of part of your war, the war against Jews .

Gideon Falter is British, he's not Israeli .

A Jew being arrested and silenced may be a win for your cause , but it isnt part of the Israel/Hamas war .

(BTW As you are a confirmed Zionist , wouldn't that also make you pro Israeli ?)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If he has an agenda, you're having a laugh, Mark Rowland resigning over this, no chance, pro-Palestinian marches being cancelled, the UK government wouldn't dare there would be uproar on the streets, terrorists on these marches, so funny, less arrests over the 6 months of this than at a 3rd division football match.

It is you that is having a laugh, you may think that it normal to carry Swastikas and terrorists flags of every denomination but it isn't. The police leadership is totally abysmal, they have been transformed from police to clowns with their red noses and their bobbie helmets painted in LGBTRZ colours. The police have lost all trust and respect from this once proud nation. Their capabilities to police has been lost by losers like Mark Roland and his predecessor, the problem is the establishment has more of these useless commissioners waiting in the wings.

If you had any respect for the country you would see this but obviously you don't. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

It is you that is having a laugh, you may think that it normal to carry Swastikas and terrorists flags of every denomination but it isn't. The police leadership is totally abysmal, they have been transformed from police to clowns with their red noses and their bobbie helmets painted in LGBTRZ colours. The police have lost all trust and respect from this once proud nation. Their capabilities to police has been lost by losers like Mark Roland and his predecessor, the problem is the establishment has more of these useless commissioners waiting in the wings.

If you had any respect for the country you would see this but obviously you don't. 

Nice rant, nothing to do with my post though, is it?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If he has an agenda, you're having a laugh, Mark Rowland resigning over this, no chance, pro-Palestinian marches being cancelled, the UK government wouldn't dare there would be uproar on the streets, terrorists on these marches, so funny, less arrests over the 6 months of this than at a 3rd division football match.

There have been arrests at these marches for showing support for terrorists groups .

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

Au contraire, all it has done is  given you a rather flimsy lifeline to hold to, even "activists" have rights you know, even Jewish activists!

The kind of “flimsy lifeline” that is substantiated by facts: 

GideonFalter, the head of the Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA)

Don’t get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with activism, I think it’s an important part of the public and political discourse so essentially to a healthy democracy.

However, there’s a difference between honest activism and actively editing videos prior to publication in order to remove scenes that undermine a narrative an activist wishes to portray. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

There have been arrests at these marches for showing support for terrorists groups .

Yeah, I know.

Arrests at pro-Palestine protests in London attended by millions of people last year resulted in just 36 charges – despite attempts by senior politicians to label them as “mass extremism” and “openly criminal”.

The low number of actual arrests and prosecutions undermines the narrative, pushed by senior Tory leaders, that the protests are a danger to public safety. Home secretary James Cleverly said last week that the organisers possessed “real evil intent”, and his predecessor Suella Braverman today repeated her frequent calls for the weekly marches to be banned.

But despite the vast numbers of police deployed around the protests at a cost of £22m, officers appear only to have been able to find a handful of instances of wrongdoing. A number of charges were brought under the new Public Order Act while seven people were charged with assault and three with possession of a weapon.

Cleverly told the Jewish News last week that the police were now making “significant arrests” for antisemitic hate crimes at the marches.

Yet data published by Operation Brocks, which the Met calls its “response to the ongoing conflict in Israel and Gaza and its impact on London”, reveals that between October and the end of December, there were only 153 arrests – with the majority of people, 117, being released without charge.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/palestine-gaza-protests-arrests-metropolitan-police-suella-braverman-glastonbury/

25 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes, great, now back on topic, openly Jewish man, a charlatan, lucky not to be arrested, maybe next march on Saturday 27th April 2024, if he dares to show his face. 

Its was just a few posts back that you were claiming that Jews regularly participate in the marches , now you seem to threatening openly Jewish men  that either the marching mob will get them or they will be arrested .

Maybe all Jews should hide when the marchers go on the rampage in London?

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Yeah, I know

You just don't seem to be able to follow the forum rules

Can you not remember the rules or do you just ignore rules and do what you want ?

Were you taught any rules when you were being bought up ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The kind of “flimsy lifeline” that is substantiated by facts: 

GideonFalter, the head of the Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA)

Don’t get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with activism, I think it’s an important part of the public and political discourse so essentially to a healthy democracy.

However, there’s a difference between honest activism and actively editing videos prior to publication in order to remove scenes that undermine a narrative an activist wishes to portray. 

You stated you that you haven't even watched the video, so I fail to see how you can be so informed on the subject, there is a vast difference between reading what was said and watching the emotions from the video. The police have apologised 3 times now for the incident which would indicate to most people that they are in the wrong and did they have their body cams turned on or was it conveniently turned off for this incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yeah, I know.

Arrests at pro-Palestine protests in London attended by millions of people last year resulted in just 36 charges – despite attempts by senior politicians to label them as “mass extremism” and “openly criminal”.

Yet your link leads to a report where there were 136 arrests at a march  , numerous Police got injured and terror group paraphernalia was on display and the claim was that were openly criminal chants

• Thumbs Up 1

Asean Now is tolerating the most vile anti-Jewish content of any forum online. I frequently can't believe what I am reading. "Openly Jewish", indeed. He must have been well-bathed rather than stinking like an unwiped arse.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
clarity
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wobblybob said:

You stated you that you haven't even watched the video, so I fail to see how you can be so informed on the subject, there is a vast difference between reading what was said and watching the emotions from the video. The police have apologised 3 times now for the incident which would indicate to most people that they are in the wrong and did they have their body cams turned on or was it conveniently turned off for this incident.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This topic commenced with discussion of events brought to the attention of the media by a video shot and released by the campaign group CAA.

A polarized discussion arises on the events portrayed in the video and described in the OP.

A shot while after the leader of the CAA releases a video statement and transcript of that video statement. His statement refers to the events portrayed in the earlier video.

A day later we learn that the earlier video was actually the product of editing, the original video shot on the day having been edited to remove scenes and context that are not supportive of the narrative being portrayed and statements made by the activist.

And all through this I argued that videos are not reliable, subject to scene election and editing.

So please give up on this one ”watch the video” mantra of yours.

The video was edited to remove scenes and context that were not supportive to the activists narrative. - Fact!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

And I purposely asked you whether the police still wear body cams. I would assume that the police wouldn't edit their own videos taken from their own body cams (or would they🤔) yet they still felt the need to apologise 3 times. Stop trying to justify anti-Semitism!

I have absolutely no idea if the police were wearing body cams.

But here’s a thing.

The police wearing body cams is irrelevant to the fact that the CAA edited  a video to remove scenes and context that undermine the narrative that the head of the CAA went on to promote using that very same edited video.

And get something straight - I am not trying to justify antisemitism.

I’ll thank you to refrain from making baseless accusations.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 3

It totally defies all logic that some people ignore the hate language coming from the Hamas supporters and chose to focus all their energy on one solitary Jew intent on crossing the road, is now crossing the road deemed provocative now, doesn't the fault lie with the hate filled demonstrators and if so should these less than peaceful demonstrations be allowed to take place.

There is no wonder why there is never any British Flags at these demonstrations only terrorist flags with the usual hate filled chants.

But the piste de resistance is the Met Police had to apologise for their earlier apology.🥴

Met Police chief Sir Mark Rowley will meet the home secretary and policing minister this week to discuss antisemitism, Sky News understands.

It comes after an antisemitism campaigner was threatened with arrest yards away from a pro-Palestine protest where officers described him as "openly Jewish" and said his presence was "antagonising demonstrators".

The force apologised but then had to apologise for their apology after suggesting opponents of pro-Palestinian marches "must know that their presence is provocative".

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-chief-to-meet-home-secretary-and-policing-minister-over-antisemitism-row-13120702

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Hardly surprising to see such a comment from a confirmed antisemite such as yourself; someone that has expressed his hatred for Israelis with comments like “they are no better than the Nazis of WW2”

I still have the screenshots of some of your appalling comments Jeff, just in case you go into denial mode ¯\_()_/¯

Especially for you:

Is antisemitism a crime?

Antisemitism, as such, is not a criminal offence. The law does not punish people for holding thoughts or beliefs, however unpleasant these may be. The same applies to Holocaust denial and criticism of Israel.

It is only when people start to act on those thoughts or beliefs that the law steps in. It punishes actions rather than attitudes.

But the dividing line is not always clear and suspects may be allowed some leeway. A lot may depend on how prosecutors choose to exercise the discretion that the law gives them.

Some of the crimes committed by antisemites — such as assault — may be committed by anybody and for any reason. But if criminals are motivated by hatred of Jews, they may be be punished more severely than other offenders. This guide looks at some of the charges that may be brought against people who commit antisemitic acts.

But we begin with a warning. Many crimes are never investigated by the police. Many of the crimes that the police investigate never get as far as a prosecution. Many prosecutions collapse without anyone being convicted. And many convicted offenders receive sentences that their victims regard as lenient. Even if you have been the victim of an offence listed in this guide, you may feel that justice has not been done in your case. Campaign Against Antisemitism helps victims and witnesses of antisemitic incidents to secure justice.

One more warning: the law is very complicated and this guide has tried to make it easier to understand. In simplifying it, we have left out refinements and possible defences that may make all the difference in an individual case. We have shown you where to look for more information but you would be wise not to proceed without proper legal advice from a solicitor or barrister.

https://antisemitism.org/law/introduction/#is-antisemitism-a-crime

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

It totally defies all logic that some people ignore the hate language coming from the Hamas supporters and chose to focus all their energy on one solitary Jew intent on crossing the road, is now crossing the road deemed provocative now, doesn't the fault lie with the hate filled demonstrators and if so should these less than peaceful demonstrations be allowed to take place.

There is no wonder why there is never any British Flags at these demonstrations only terrorist flags with the usual hate filled chants.

But the piste de resistance is the Met Police had to apologise for their earlier apology.🥴

Met Police chief Sir Mark Rowley will meet the home secretary and policing minister this week to discuss antisemitism, Sky News understands.

It comes after an antisemitism campaigner was threatened with arrest yards away from a pro-Palestine protest where officers described him as "openly Jewish" and said his presence was "antagonising demonstrators".

The force apologised but then had to apologise for their apology after suggesting opponents of pro-Palestinian marches "must know that their presence is provocative".

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-chief-to-meet-home-secretary-and-policing-minister-over-antisemitism-row-13120702

Sadly this post is only regurgitating old news, at the end of the link is this statement: Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, will be speaking to Sky News at around 9.20am today.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNC3-KWafPs&t=53s&ab_channel=SkyNews

Shame that Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, then preceded to open his Jewish mouth, and tried eating his Jewish foot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Sadly this post is only regurgitating old news, at the end of the link is this statement: Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, will be speaking to Sky News at around 9.20am today.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNC3-KWafPs&t=53s&ab_channel=SkyNews

Shame that Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, then preceded to open his Jewish mouth, and tried eating his Jewish foot.

Is being the chief exec of Campaign Against anti-Semitism a bad thing as most people agree that anti-Semitism is hate and bigotry, would you agree with that sentiment?

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

then preceded to open his Jewish mouth, and tried eating his Jewish foot.

Vile disgusting statement.

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

He literally doesn't know what he is writing.🥴

I know exactly what I am writing, thankyou.

Antisemitism, as such, is not a criminal offence. The law does not punish people for holding thoughts or beliefs, however unpleasant these may be. The same applies to Holocaust denial and criticism of Israel.

It is only when people start to act on those thoughts or beliefs that the law steps in. It punishes actions rather than attitudes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Neither is shooting a Welshman with a bow and arrow after 7pm on a Sunday in Chester, but people with an ounce of intelligence would know it is wrong. Are you proud of your bigotry?

I've never heard anything as ridiculous as this

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If I was you I would read the forum rules. Noted however you antisemitic vile post.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Can't help laughing when some people seem to spend half their life criticising  Israel and posting extreme anti Semitic things......................then complain because they aren't allowed to even   criticise Israel .

But those same people are well known to say things that aren't true 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You cannot prosecute an individual for holding anti-Semitic thoughts and beliefs, but if those thoughts or beliefs are expressed in word or deed then the individual could, quite rightly, be prosecuted under the provisions of the Hate Crime law.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/hco/hate-crime/what-is-hate-crime/

• Like 1

Met police chief praises ‘professional’ conduct of officer in antisemitism row
Exclusive: Mark Rowley says sergeant will not be disciplined and warns of ‘fakery’ by activists at other protests

The commissioner of the Metropolitan police has praised the “professional” conduct of the sergeant who stopped an antisemitism campaigner at a pro-Palestinian march and warned that officers at other protests had been “set up” by activists using “fakery” to undermine the force.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/met-police-chief-praises-professional-conduct-officer-antisemitism-row

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Met police chief praises ‘professional’ conduct of officer in antisemitism row
Exclusive: Mark Rowley says sergeant will not be disciplined and warns of ‘fakery’ by activists at other protests

The commissioner of the Metropolitan police has praised the “professional” conduct of the sergeant who stopped an antisemitism campaigner at a pro-Palestinian march and warned that officers at other protests had been “set up” by activists using “fakery” to undermine the force.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/met-police-chief-praises-professional-conduct-officer-antisemitism-row

But he wasn't talking about this incident which is what this thread is about!

The Met commissioner stressed he was not talking about the latest incident with Falter. He said: “I’m not going to answer that in relation to the Gideon Falter incident … just to be crystal clear.

• Thanks 2