'Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march

Social Media

Interesting article in the Times today noting that the policing of the pro-Hamas demonstrations in the UK have cost the UK taxpayer at least £32.3 million so far. Lord Walney, the government’s independent advisor on political violence is advocating clawing back some of the policing costs from the organisers of these protests (good luck with that)

Interesting to note that the police have to attend the pro-Hamas protests because of concerns over the behaviour of these marchers and their blatant antisemitism and clear expressions of hatred, but also have to attend any pro Israel / free the hostages protests, in order to guard these protesters from being attacked by extremists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

pro-Hamas demonstrations

More misrepresentation.

The actual heading from The Times is shown below.

Not that I expect you’ll accept you’ve been caught out misrepresenting facts:

IMG_7225.jpeg

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have there been any placards or chants or any sign of them opposing Hamas ?

Have any of the protesters stated that they oppose Hamas ?

Have there been any calls for Hamas to stop down and another group take their place ?

The marchers don't seem to oppose Hamas 

Irrelevant nonsense.

EP’s stated, and I quote:

18 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Interesting article in the Times today noting that the policing of the pro-Hamas demonstrations in the UK have cost the UK taxpayer at least £32.3 million so far.

That is a blatantly false representation of what The Times article says.

If EP wishes to refer to what the Times has said then he needs to do two things.

1. Faithfully quote what The Times has said.

2. Provide a link to The Times article he is referring to.

What he did was use the reputation of The Times as a reliable source as a wrapper to his own pejorative opinions on the demonstrations.

Disgraceful behavior and definitely in breach of the forum rules.

I don’t expect him to withdraw his lie.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

But he wasn't talking about this incident which is what this thread is about!

The Met commissioner stressed he was not talking about the latest incident with Falter. He said: “I’m not going to answer that in relation to the Gideon Falter incident … just to be crystal clear.

First 2 paragraphs:

The commissioner of the Metropolitan police has praised the “professional” conduct of the sergeant who stopped an antisemitism campaigner at a pro-Palestinian march and warned that officers at other protests had been “set up” by activists using “fakery” to undermine the force.

In an interview with the Guardian, Mark Rowley said the sergeant involved in the incident with Gideon Falter would not be disciplined and vigorously defended the Met’s handling of the six months of protests since the 7 October attacks on Israel.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

First 2 paragraphs:

The commissioner of the Metropolitan police has praised the “professional” conduct of the sergeant who stopped an antisemitism campaigner at a pro-Palestinian march and warned that officers at other protests had been “set up” by activists using “fakery” to undermine the force.

In an interview with the Guardian, Mark Rowley said the sergeant involved in the incident with Gideon Falter would not be disciplined and vigorously defended the Met’s handling of the six months of protests since the 7 October attacks on Israel.

The Commissioner is useless at his job and he would say that wouldn't he. The whole country is ashamed at the state of policing In the UK, I would hardly describe Rowley as an Elliot Ness type officer more of an Elliot Mess!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Especially for you:

Is antisemitism a crime?

Antisemitism, as such, is not a criminal offence

I didn’t read any further than this Jeff, because I have never, ever said that antisemitism was a crime; in fact, very much to the contrary, I have made comments to several posters on here saying that because they post transparently obvious antisemitic comments, and it is not a crime in Thailand, they should feel free to be honest about it.

I may find it offensive, repulsive, disagreeable, or even disgusting, but I begrudgingly give you credit for being open about your right to be antisemitic; it is much more honest than posters on here like Nearleyaman and NanLaew, who have posted blatant antisemitic comments and then try to deny their antisemitism.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

The Commissioner is useless at his job and he would say that wouldn't he. The whole country is ashamed at the state of policing In the UK, I would hardly describe Rowley as an Elliot Ness type officer more of an Elliot Mess!

The only reason you have the hump with whoever is in charge of Policing is because you cannot understand the way people feel about the carnage being committed in Gaza and elsewhere.

It's not about what happened on the 7/10, it's about what has happened after, modern comms are now getting out to a wider audience than before and Israel cannot control what the general population around the world sees.

Yes, I now the atrocities of 7/10by Hamas were despicable for the people concerned and yes Israel has a right to defend themselves but the whole World are not on the side of Israel, personally I've seen the same problems year after year, now there must be a different approach to this problem.

What the answer is I have no idea, greater minds than ours will eventually sort it out peacefully but this cannot continue as it is.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Most here have never been to Israel and see how the Palestinians are treated daily

I have (been to Israel) but just for clarification, I assume from your phraseology that you are referring to how Palestinians living in Israel are treated daily; if that is not what you mean, them please elucidate … thanks

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Most here have never been to Israel and see how the Palestinians are treated daily ! I am on neither side but I also tire of everything being anti Semitic if Israelis are criticised. It is not anti-Semitic, it is pro human rights. 

Why would you criticize an Israeli in London or anywhere in the UK. Would you also criticize a Palestinian or Russian or Iranian?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The only reason you have the hump with whoever is in charge of Policing is because you cannot understand the way people feel about the carnage being committed in Gaza and elsewhere.

It's not about what happened on the 7/10, it's about what has happened after, modern comms are now getting out to a wider audience than before and Israel cannot control what the general population around the world sees.

Yes, I now the atrocities of 7/10by Hamas were despicable for the people concerned and yes Israel has a right to defend themselves but the whole World are not on the side of Israel, personally I've seen the same problems year after year, now there must be a different approach to this problem.

What the answer is I have no idea, greater minds than ours will eventually sort it out peacefully but this cannot continue as it is.

You may not want it to be about 7/10 but as sure as eggs are eggs that is exactly what it is about and incidentally this topic is not the one to go off topic, nice try but no cigar. Thread title 🔽🔽🔽

Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Does it not concern you what the main organisers of the weekly hate marches are engaged in? For example, Friends of Al Aqsa. They're a pro-Hamas and pro-Hezbollah organisation with links to the Muslim Brotherhood, and who want the removal of Israel as a nation.

How they're allowed to continue operating in the UK I don't know.

Well I do know. The same reasons the grooming gangs got away with their crimes for decades. 

Does your misrepresentation of the protests bother me in a thread that is not about the protests?

Not really, well at least not since that’s not the topic of discussion.

But it’s a good attempt at a deflection.

Oh and ‘grooming gangs too’.

……

“Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march”

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, stuandjulie said:

Most here have never been to Israel and see how the Palestinians are treated daily ! I am on neither side but I also tire of everything being anti Semitic if Israelis are criticised. It is not anti-Semitic, it is pro human rights. 

Lets see, I have been all over  the West Bank, Gaza , crossed the Rafah Border ,met with terrorists and also been acquainted with Israeli Arab Palestinians and no one has suggested that anyone is anti Semitic for criticising Israel .

Its the anti Semitic remarks which draw the anti Semitic accusations 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Interesting article in the Times today noting that the policing of the pro-Hamas demonstrations in the UK have cost the UK taxpayer at least £32.3 million so far. Lord Walney, the government’s independent advisor on political violence is advocating clawing back some of the policing costs from the organisers of these protests (good luck with that)

Interesting to note that the police have to attend the pro-Hamas protests because of concerns over the behaviour of these marchers and their blatant antisemitism and clear expressions of hatred, but also have to attend any pro Israel / free the hostages protests, in order to guard these protesters from being attacked by extremists.

UK EXTREMISM ADVISER HAS BEEN FUNDED BY ISRAEL LOBBY

John Woodcock, the government’s man urging MPs to stop engaging with pro-Palestine groups, has accepted Israel lobby funding amid the Gaza genocide.

Yet Woodcock can hardly be considered independent. He has previously worked with the Israel lobby and has even accepted funding from it amid the ongoing genocide in Gaza, Declassified has found.

https://www.declassifieduk.org/uk-extremism-adviser-has-been-funded-by-israel-lobby/

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

There is now a different approach to the problem .

Previously Israel were dealing with Hamas and its Iranian backers .

Israel is in the process of wiping Hamas out , now is just half time .

Once Hamas has been wiped out and a new group emerges who doesn't t want to destroy  Israel and wants a peaceful existence , then a new era can emerge and the Worlds Anti Semites will then have to find another group to attach themselves to to attack Jews 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Lets see, I have been all over  the West Bank, Gaza , crossed the Rafah Border ,met with terrorists and also been acquainted with Israeli Arab Palestinians and no one has suggested that anyone is anti Semitic for criticising Israel .

Its the anti Semitic remarks which draw the anti Semitic accusations 

I suspect it’s an accusation that some feel more comfortable making behind the safety and security of Internet anonymity.

But yes I agree, in face to face discussions I’ve never heard the accusations leveled.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect it’s an accusation that some feel more comfortable making behind the safety and security of Internet anonymity.

But yes I agree, in face to face discussions I’ve never heard the accusations leveled.

Haven't you . 

I don't usually mix with anti Semites , so I don't often hear anti Semitic remarks .

When I do hear people going on about Jews control the World and the Worlds money  , I do usually just move on by and not bother to get into a discussion about the subject .

What would you do ?

Would you beat someone up because they disagreed with you ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Haven't you . 

I don't usually mix with anti Semites , so I don't often hear anti Semitic remarks .

When I do hear people going on about Jews control the World and the Worlds money  , I do usually just move on by and not bother to get into a discussion about the subject .

What would you do ?

Would you beat someone up because they disagreed with you ?

Like you I don’t mix with people I know to be anti-semites.

On the very few occasions someone I know has come anything remotely at all long the lines of the ‘Jews running the world’ or ‘Soros/any famous Jew” running the world etc I challenge them with reasoned arguments and an explanation were those lies come from.

I’ve spent a number of years in the Middle East, on only one occasion did I hear anyone discussing the Israel/Palestine issues, they were drunks at a bar in Abu Dhabi. They were certainly sounding wound up,  it I gave them a wide berth.

I do not argue with drunks at bars.

On the whole I think Israel / Palestine is an issue most people avoid, perhaps because of how emotive it is but maybe also because most people aren’t that interested in anything under the banner ‘politics’.

I do think though online information and hate mongering is getting far more traction than is being recognized planting seeds of hatred that will grow.

So an individual might frame an antisemitic view as ‘I’ve heard it said there are doubts about’ or ‘I saw a video that suggests’ etc.

That to me is evidence of people’s minds being poisoned with this filth, but calling them antisemites is very likely to close the door to the discussion that’s needed to address the dangerous lies they believe.

That said, I absolutely believe the people setting up websites, social media accounts and online forums to pump this filth are calculating and manipulative antisemites.

Social media and search engines operators, that’s those companies making billions, have a lot to answer on this front; they are allowing their platforms to be a conduit for this hate.

Likewise advertisers who enable online hate to be monetized.

Those business need to be held accountable. 

I’m not holding my breath.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like you I don’t mix with people I know to be anti-semites.

On the very few occasions someone I know has come anything remotely at all long the lines of the ‘Jews running the world’ or ‘Soros/any famous Jew” running the world etc I challenge them with reasoned arguments and an explanation were those lies come from.

I’ve spent a number of years in the Middle East, on only one occasion did I hear anyone discussing the Israel/Palestine issues, they were drunks at a bar in Abu Dhabi. They were certainly sounding wound up,  it I gave them a wide berth.

I do not argue with drunks at bars.

On the whole I think Israel / Palestine is an issue most people avoid, perhaps because of how emotive it is but maybe also because most people aren’t that interested in anything under the banner ‘politics’.

I do think though online information and hate mongering is getting far more traction than is being recognized planting seeds of hatred that will grow.

So an individual might frame an antisemitic view as ‘I’ve heard it said there are doubts about’ or ‘I saw a video that suggests’ etc.

That to me is evidence of people’s minds being poisoned with this filth, but calling them antisemites is very likely to close the door to the discussion that’s needed to address the dangerous lies they believe.

That said, I absolutely believe the people setting up websites, social media accounts and online forums to pump this filth are calculating and manipulative antisemites.

Social media and search engines operators, that’s those companies making billions, have a lot to answer on this front; they are allowing their platforms to be a conduit for this hate.

Likewise advertisers who enable online hate to be monetized.

Those business need to be held accountable. 

I’m not holding my breath.

Waffle. All you’ve achieved is to make the topic about you, then you’ll complain it’s not about you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Sadly this post is only regurgitating old news, at the end of the link is this statement: Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, will be speaking to Sky News at around 9.20am today.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNC3-KWafPs&t=53s&ab_channel=SkyNews

Shame that Gideon Falter, chief executive of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and the man at the heart of this debate, then preceded to open his Jewish mouth, and tried eating his Jewish foot.

Another one to bookmark An open antisemitic that is more that happy to preach hate speech. Shameful

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Waffle. All you’ve achieved is to make the topic about you, then you’ll complain it’s not about you.

You did read the post I was responding to?

I’ve treated Nick Carter’s post and questions he direct to me with the respect they've deserve and given him my considered response.

That’s how conversations work.

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

How is the thread not about the protest marches? What a ridiculous comment. Here's a clue: 

"near pro-Palestine march”

Plus 1. In his on alternate reality

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

How long did it take you to think that one up, links to your post please!

Good morning bob,

How about a link to your alleged,

21 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

a hoard of feral hate mob screaming Banshees

Best regards,

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well, I’m only basing it on what you yourself have written, and only someone that is vehemently antisemitic could possibly have made a disgusting comment like the one you made referencing the trains used by the Nazis to transport jews, saying they could remember the good old days; then rather than apologise for it, you tried to excuse it with some whatabouery of comments other posters may have made. Your denial of antisemitism is disingenuous for all to witness.

Dear @Eloquent pilgrim,

Why should I apologize for the weak comprehension skills of you and your wokey ilk? Maybe you should have paid more attention in school?

Best regards,

• Like 1