‘Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous’: White House responds to chaos at Columbia

image.png

In a stark warning against rising antisemitism, President Joe Biden has condemned recent events at Columbia University, labeling them as "Antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous." The President's statement, released on Sunday as a precursor to the Jewish holiday of Passover, underscored the need to confront and address antisemitism wherever it arises.

Biden's remarks were prompted by a series of troubling incidents at Columbia University, where protests have escalated in recent days. Reports emerged of pro-Palestinian activists making threats and engaging in acts of intimidation against Jewish students, prompting widespread concern over the safety and well-being of the Jewish community on campus.

The White House echoed Biden's sentiments, condemning the calls for violence and intimidation targeting Jewish students and the broader Jewish community. White House Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates emphasized that such behavior has no place on any college campus or within the United States as a whole. Bates characterized the rhetoric used by some protesters as "despicable," particularly in light of recent events in Israel and the ongoing fight against antisemitism.

The situation at Columbia University has garnered attention from lawmakers, with Representative Jared Moskowitz of Florida offering to walk with Jewish students on campus in a show of solidarity and support. Moskowitz's gesture underscores the need for collective action to combat antisemitism and ensure the safety of Jewish students in educational settings.

The protests at Columbia University have sparked broader conversations about antisemitism and the need for increased vigilance in combating discrimination and prejudice. President Biden reiterated his administration's commitment to addressing antisemitism, promising to implement measures outlined in the National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism.

As the Jewish community prepares to observe Passover, Biden's statement serves as a reminder of the ongoing struggle against hatred and intolerance. By speaking out against antisemitism and standing in solidarity with those affected by it, the President reaffirms the values of inclusivity, tolerance, and respect for all individuals, regardless of their religious or cultural background.

2024-04-23

Source

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 1:40 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Words fail me, or at least words that I can use on the forum to express how I feel about what I just read.

If talking about hate and antisemitism, there is a certain country where one lot of Semites are attempting to eliminate a different lot of Semites, and they certainly talk about them in a hateful way.

If the White House is concerned about Columbia they might want to look at Biden's actions ( as opposed to his words ) which are giving free reign to the one lot of Semites to blow the other lot to bits with all those big bombs that Biden has been sending them.

One day Biden is going to wake up and realise a lot of Americans are not impressed with what he is doing in regards to that, and hopefully it will be on the day he finds out that he is unemployed, later this year.

When it happens I wonder if he'll blame all those "antiSemites" for being a loser.

Stop playing with words. Their meaning in common use changes over time. Antisemitism is jew hate. Gay used to mean happy. Pedophilia means criminal attraction to the under age . Nothing to do with tanner stages anymore. 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Stop playing with words. Their meaning in common use changes over time. Antisemitism is jew hate. Gay used to mean happy. Pedophilia means criminal attraction ro the u nderage. Nothing to do with tanner stages. 

Yeah. Vile obsessive Jew haters are always playing that game. It's so STUPID. Many people including me have decided that the only way to counter their willful idiocy is to stop using the word antisemtism and use Jew hatred instead. I'd rather not but the Jew haters are forcing this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/23/2024 at 1:40 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Words fail me, or at least words that I can use on the forum to express how I feel about what I just read.

If talking about hate and antisemitism, there is a certain country where one lot of Semites are attempting to eliminate a different lot of Semites, and they certainly talk about them in a hateful way.

If the White House is concerned about Columbia they might want to look at Biden's actions ( as opposed to his words ) which are giving free reign to the one lot of Semites to blow the other lot to bits with all those big bombs that Biden has been sending them.

One day Biden is going to wake up and realise a lot of Americans are not impressed with what he is doing in regards to that, and hopefully it will be on the day he finds out that he is unemployed, later this year.

When it happens I wonder if he'll blame all those "antiSemites" for being a loser.

I wonder if it's because all his grandkids are Jewish? 

He is doing something that most of the US are protesting about, bar the Jewish ones. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Your persecution complex again. 

It's OK to say anti Muslim in the USA but God help you if you say Anti-Jew. 

Your post is incoherent.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He is doing something that most of the US are protesting about, bar the Jewish ones. 

Our local Jew sniffer strikes again.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Our local Jew sniffer strikes again.

No need for a personal insult. 

You know very well I like the Jewish religion. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No need for a personal insult. 

You know very well I like the Jewish religion. 

Pot kettle black.

You might like the religion but you're obsessed with dissing the people.

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Words mean nothing, look at what the people are condoning or condemning. 

You are supporting the US and Israel Genocide, most of the world, unless Jewish or Israeli are condemning it. 

You're weaponizing of antisemitism is rather pathetic now. 

Your words mean nothing.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pot kettle black.

You might like the religion but you're obsessed with dissing the people.

I never diss Jewish people, stop lying. 

I do point out that some people are supporting a Genocide due to being form Israel or being Jewish Yanks, not dissing them at all, I understand to a degree.

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Stop playing with words. Their meaning in common use changes over time. Antisemitism is jew hate. Gay used to mean happy. Pedophilia means criminal attraction to the under age . Nothing to do with tanner stages anymore. 

Congratulations. You just posted something that has no relationship to my post which you quoted.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I never diss Jewish people, stop lying. 

I do point out that some people are supporting a Genocide due to being form Israel or being Jewish Yanks, not dissing them at all, I understand to a degree.

Hateful garbage.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Your persecution complex again. 

It's OK to say anti Muslim in the USA but God help you if you say Anti-Jew. 

Why are you compelled to say anti anything other than anti terror and hate... then apply that parameter to the instigators... no matter who they are.

• Sad 1

If these protests really start to work, which they already are of course, we’ll see similar tyrannical assaults like we saw on the truckers. 

They won’t allow protests that are actually working to continue. I hope the students can endure it. 

• Agree 2

On 5/10/2024 at 4:32 PM, retarius said:

As usual poor old demented Biden has it upside down, his moral compass points south instead of north. At least America's children have some moral fibre and they are prepared to stand up for them, even in the face of police violence. Bravo students around the world, take over your universe's campus and protest against the genocide by Isreal in Gaza, as they try to steal even more land. Isolate Israel and turn them into the lepers they are. 

You have a selective memory.

Genocide was against Israel by Hamas.

Invading a county, murdering, raping and kidnapping innocent civilians because they were Israeli. No other reason.

THAT is genocide.

Do not confuse it with the major hostage rescue that is happening in Gaza.

If you so called 'do gooders' want to stop the fighting just handover the hostages, along the with murdering rapists and kidnappers so that they can be tried. All hostilities would pretty much cease straight away.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You have a selective memory.

Genocide was against Israel by Hamas

If genocide is the death of 1000 poeple...then what is the displacement of millions and deaths of 30,000 poeple ?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, johng said:

If genocide is the death of 1000 poeple...then what is the displacement of millions and deaths of 30,000 poeple ?

Intent. Hamas was out to murder everyone they could, they would not have stopped unless they were stopped, it was a geocidal act. It was more than 1,000 people also why deliberately minimize it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

It was more than 1,000 people also why deliberately minimize it?

It's more than 30,000 too

I used rounded down figures for simplicity.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

80% of buildings have been bombed in Gaza, 30,000 killed, mostly innocent women and kids. 

Most of the population has been displaced.

5 months ago it was 85%. NOW nearer 100% of Gazans displaced. 

Yet, some fools adamantly still deny there is Genocide. 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/20/most-gazas-population-remains-displaced-and-harms-way

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, johng said:

I never said 30,000? That was Hamas.

Yes I thought you might round up Israeli lives. What's a few hundred here or there to you........

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, johng said:

So you admit that it is genocide against Israel.

Now the next point.

When the 'Palestinians' aka Hamas invaded. There was no warning. No options.

Israel has given plenty of warnings for the people in Gaza to leave.

Bur they either choose not to or the other 'Palestinians' will not let them.

By the way, I wonder why that other neighbour called Egypt doesn't let the people from Gaza into their country.

Maybe because the Egyptians know that they are terrorists?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

80% of buildings have been bombed in Gaza, 30,000 killed, mostly innocent women and kids. 

Most of the population has been displaced.

5 months ago it was 85%. NOW nearer 100% of Gazans displaced. 

Yet, some fools adamantly still deny there is Genocide. 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/20/most-gazas-population-remains-displaced-and-harms-way

80% of buildings have been bombed in Gaza,

More lies from you. Zero credibility.

Satellite images show 35% of Gaza's building destroyed, UN says

GENEVA, March 21 (Reuters) - Satellite images analysed by the United Nations Satellite Centre show that 35% of the Gaza Strip's buildings have been destroyed or damaged in the Israel offensive in the Palestinian enclave.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/satellite-images-show-35-gazas-building-destroyed-un-says-2024-03-21/

https://archive.ph/Tz81E

12 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

So you admit that it is genocide against Israel.

notice the word "if"

13 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Israel has given plenty of warnings for the people in Gaza to leave

Forced displacement of millions...to leave their own land is  called what ?

Egypt probably wants the Palestinians to stay on their land  and have no part in the Israeli

"forced displacment"

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Talking about Trump? Trump is not an antisemite by definition inho, Trump  is a bigot. David Duke is an antisemite. For Trump all relationships are transactional. American Jews are just another group Trump manipulates. Trump does amplify antisemitic tropes particularly when he repeatdly castigates any jews who vote Democrat because that means they are not loyal to Israel. Trump refused to condemn David Duke in 2016 and lied about having any knowledge about him because Dukes followers are a part of MAGA and he wants their votes and contributions too,