Shouldn't UK police carry guns?

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't know about you but if your a cop attending a domestic

My experience with UK police is that they don't, won't (much prefer not to) attend a 'domestic' dispute.

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So the guns are in the car !

Geez you wouldn't want to do that in Australia,they would jump in and take off with the car !

I don't know about you but if your a cop attending a domestic and the offender  pulls a knife , I'm not going out to the car to get the gun 

Australia is a world away from the UK, and although your scenario is possible it is quite rare. Although from what I read in the UK news, it is getting worse. The reason for that? Who knows, but lack of discipline from an early age is a good instance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:34 AM, georgegeorgia said:

What I have seen I. YouTube of UK police is they are useless 

Can't fight there way out of a wet paper bag yet Western Australia just employed 500 of these useless morons because Aussies refuse to work in outback Australia 🦘 so they employed 500 ex British police who will probably only last a few months before being run out of these remote country towns and head back to the UK 

They are being employed to the Kimberly region of Western Australia, good luck with that ,better then than me 

Mind you ....they will have guns just advised not use them in that part of Australia 

Well it depends what Generation of UK police you’ve imported maybe they are 49 up and have the stomach for it.

Over the last 10 years the UK police has recruited so many women and wet men that could not save them selves let alone other when the 5hit goes down.

Seeing two 5ft women who look like dinner ladies driving round my area of the Black Country England makes my blood boil. All they are is clerks with body cams picking their battles so as not to get out of their depth. Every opportunity I get I take the 4iss out of these muppets for hanging around (patrolling around a high street or shopping park or Mall ) where they will likely have the backup of some,at least 50% of the public a lot would stand and watch as the police were smashed in. The Covid period taught us whose side the police were on and it was not the Publics. Arresting old grannies and those who had the balls to protest the erosion of our rights of freedom. Were we able to eat out to help out and go shopping but not gather to protest ? 

They’re are in it for the pension and retirement at 50 and any of my involvement with the pigs in previous years has shown me say nothing as they will twist it to make their life easier not see justice done.

Oh and Oz is off my list of places to visit. It appears to be a leftists totalitarian state and unfortunately I can only assume the majority of Ozzies concur as thy voted that lot in , Up the Aussie Cossack!!

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Well it depends what Generation of UK police you’ve imported maybe they are 49 up and have the stomach for it.

Over the last 10 years the UK police has recruited so many women and wet men that could not save them selves let alone other when the 5hit goes down.

Seeing two 5ft women who look like dinner ladies driving round my area of the Black Country England makes my blood boil. All they are is clerks with body cams picking their battles so as not to get out of their depth. Every opportunity I get I take the 4iss out of these muppets for hanging around (patrolling around a high street or shopping park or Mall ) where they will likely have the backup of some,at least 50% of the public a lot would stand and watch as the police were smashed in. The Covid period taught us whose side the police were on and it was not the Publics. Arresting old grannies and those who had the balls to protest the erosion of our rights of freedom. Were we able to eat out to help out and go shopping but not gather to protest ? 

They’re are in it for the pension and retirement at 50 and any of my involvement with the pigs in previous years has shown me say nothing as they will twist it to make their life easier not see justice done.

Oh and Oz is off my list of places to visit. It appears to be a leftists totalitarian state and unfortunately I can only assume the majority of Ozzies concur as thy voted that lot in , Up the Aussie Cossack!!

Yes Australia is becoming woke ....

But ... It seems the  Aussies are now angry at immigration because of the housing crisis ....well too late !

The door has bolted !

Pauline Hanson said 20 years ago to STOP immigration,they all called her a racist !

I could see the future 25 years ago when they imported millions of migrants ,of course house prices would go up !

But no ...they even jailed Pauline Hanson!!!

Sent her to jail for speaking her mind 

Well now the fools suffer 

5 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Sorry those are the facts. Bury your head in the ground or face them.

Who gives a shxt? I don't live there. But as for "facts":

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

Most deaths by gunshot are suicides

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2021/jun/1/us-doj-statistics-race-and-ethnicity-violent-crime-perpetrators/

"The report concluded that for whites and Blacks, “there were no statistically significant differences by race between offenders identified in the NCVS and persons arrested per the UCR. White and Black people were arrested proportionate to their involvement in SNVC overall and proportionate to their involvement in SNVC reported to the police.”

It seems to be a popular myth that blacksxand Hispanics are responsible for all the ills suffered by whites.

Mass shootings in the U.S. by shooter’s by race/ethnicity as of December 2023:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

It's alright. You can take your head out of your ass now. Peddaling disinformation on line can have consequences.

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

And the death rate from guns is?

Zero. It's all from people USING or rather MISUSING guns.

But I get what you're saying - if they hadn't had guns etc.

But 2 points:

Those people would have found a way to kill someone anyway.

By your logic, ban cars because of the people MISUSING them and causing fatal crashes.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Sorry I can't agree.  When I was a teenager/early twenties it was pretty standard for fights to break out between young guys at clubs etc. on a weekend - combination of booze and testosterone. Rarely did it turn in to anything serious.

These days, kids that are carrying guns - thankfully still rare in the UK, are very likely to shoot someone in those circumstances and think later.

Look at the occasions in Thailand where people have been shot in road rage incidents. Why is that? - almost certainly because they are carrying guns as they are freely available in Thailand.  The road rage incidents that I've witnessed in the UK have mainly involved a lot of shouting and flashing of headlamps etc.

Yes, the cause is misuse of guns but as is so often illustrated in the US, how do you keep those guns out of the hands of people who are likely to misuse them.

Sorry but I don't accept your argument that 'Those people would have found a way to kill someone anyway' - I suspect that a lot of shootings are done on the spur of the moment and/or simply because a gun was available. 

Besides - the crime figures comparing gun owning countries with non gun owning, speak for themselves.

There's far more to what you just wrote mainly regarding the personalities of those involved, to whom is a duty of care applicable, who is responsible for the caretaking of the guns etc etc..... 

However, I'm comfortable in my opinion, so are you in yours, there are facts and statistics that support both of us so this argument is going nowhere.

We'll have to agree to differ.

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

There's far more to what you just wrote mainly regarding the personalities of those involved, to whom is a duty of care applicable, who is responsible for the caretaking of the guns etc etc..... 

However, I'm comfortable in my opinion, so are you in yours, there are facts and statistics that support both of us so this argument is going nowhere.

We'll have to agree to differ.

Agreed although we have moved off topic - which is about the police carrying guns.  I'd rather not see an increase in the number of armed police officers in the UK but I'd have to accept that there is a growing case for that as more and more criminals seem to routinely carry guns.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

According to your logic the crime situation in the USA would be so much better than in the UK. Is that the case? 

I was thinking the same thing.

"Give firearms to the police, that will solve everything! Just like in the USA."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Agreed although we have moved off topic - which is about the police carrying guns.  I'd rather not see an increase in the number of armed police officers in the UK but I'd have to accept that there is a growing case for that as more and more criminals seem to routinely carry guns.

"More and more criminals seem to routinely carry guns". This is not the basis for a cogent argument. If there's no demonstrable proof, there's no argument.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Some might say arming the police will inevitably result in more deaths,  but as those deaths will involve criminals I don't see a problem with that. 

Thank you Mr Duterte.

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2024 at 10:40 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I was in a cafe today and spoke to a guy from the UK who had retired from the UK police 

He was saying it's about time they carried guns there , apparently they have to call the armed police to situations.

He had been attacked multiple times and injured and no gun to defend himself instead he had run away some bloke with a baseball bat or knife  coming at you 

He worked in some village 

I wonder how many country police in the UK have been murdered going out to situations and no gun .

Now take an example recently in Sydney Australia, the guy going through the Bondi beach shopping centre stabbing people,the first cop on  the scene was a woman supervisor going for her lunch break ,she had a gun ,she <deleted> him dead , 

Now if that had been in the UK , she  would of ran out outside and had to wait for armed police to turn up

How many more would of been stabbed waiting for them??

How long would armed police unit taken for the nutter ?

What if your in a country area .

I see a very weak police force in the UK and I feel sorry for them

Imagine going out to violent incidents with pepper spray 

Apparently even the detectives there don't even carry guns 

What a weak police union they have !!!

Nice. How to tell where y'all come from without saying it. "Weak police union" 😂😂😂 

You think more civilized countries should feel the fear of barely trained yahoos with military grade weapons and a culture and union which protect them from barely a hint of reprisals from any, obvious, infractions of the law on their part.

Well that sounds just dandy.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

why would you care about an armed criminal being shot dead by police?   Seems fair enough to me

I'm with you on that one.

It's a win all round - no need for a trial, no expense of keeping the sh1tbag in prison for years and a warning to his cohorts - this could be you next time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Some of these guys wouldn't know who he is because they have only been to one place being Thailand 

Google knows 🙄

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

Nice. How to tell where y'all come from without saying it. "Weak police union" 😂😂😂 

You think more civilized countries should feel the fear of barely trained yahoos with military grade weapons and a culture and union which protect them from barely a hint of reprisals from any, obvious, infractions of the law on their part.

Well that sounds just dandy.

That is not what he said really is it. ?

12 minutes ago, VBF said:

I'm with you on that one.

It's a win all round - no need for a trial, no expense of keeping the sh1tbag in prison for years and a warning to his cohorts - this could be you next time.

And a 100% guarantee of no repeat offending that can be relied on.  Far more trustworthy than the considered opinions of some mealy mouthed, progressive liberal, woke probation officer

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Some of these guys wouldn't know who he is because they have only been to one place being Thailand 

are you actually serious??

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

And a 100% guarantee of no repeat offending that can be relied on.  Far more trustworthy than the considered opinions of some mealy mouthed, progressive liberal, woke probation officer

And if any doubt that the police need guns..... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68927702

"Two Metropolitan Police officers who were injured have "significant but not life-threatening" injuries and will require surgery, the Met confirmed."

Let's see...if they'd simply shot the worthless SoB dead........ 

Edited by VBF

On 4/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Yes Australia is becoming woke ....

But ... It seems the  Aussies are now angry at immigration because of the housing crisis ....well too late !

The door has bolted !

Pauline Hanson said 20 years ago to STOP immigration,they all called her a racist !

I could see the future 25 years ago when they imported millions of migrants ,of course house prices would go up !

But no ...they even jailed Pauline Hanson!!!

Sent her to jail for speaking her mind 

Well now the fools suffer 

Australia is a Police state, we all saw that through Covid. I can only thank the lord I’m from the UK, well England, that had some freedom through out the test. 

That Pauline is a go getter by the looks of it , worth 20 M $Aus.  Aus is such a weird country compared to the UK with the same people and so many political tyrants. When I meets an Aussie I can’t help thinking that maybe they were backing that tyranny, i give them a wide birth. 

But back to the point. Immoz’  when they started washing up on the south coast of England ( and I don’t mean working in kitchens) in the rubber dinghy’s I immediately thought it was orchestrated. They’ve been sitting on the shores at Calais jungle camp for years attempting to cross via truck axle and now they just suddenly get the idea to go by boat and it hasn’t stopped since. Everyday since March 2020 just as Covid started.  4 years and thousands of swarthy illiterate drains on the UK taxpayer filling up hotels. In my opinion the EU just said to the UK deep state in a short phone call “ we’re full of the 6unts here in Europe, now it’s your turn “ 

I work in food factories as an engineer and I see every factory getting an extension because they can’t make the food fast enough. The majority of food factory workers are ‘ international ‘ and when I saw the boats I knew where they were eventually destined. I work in food factories so I know they pay UK minimum wage not under the table. Soon there will be an amnesty and all illegals will get right to work and settle and eventually get a a pension and be bringing the family over. The UK will be a blood bath !!