This heat is brutal and my Electricity bill is also brutal.....

redwood1

2 minutes ago, BirdieMan said:

Only 3200 baht. Mine was 8,421 baht. We have 2 AC's running most of the time. We like to be comfortable, so I don't mind the cost.

3200 per month, or about 100 baht per day or about 4 baht per hour, one baht for 15 minutes.

It is almost free.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CARLO BALDASSARRE said:

We have 8 aircons in our house in bangkok and yes i don't use all of them at the same time but our bill averages....

3,500-6,800 BHT @ month.

House in isaan Surin @ 2,500-3,500 BHT@month...😜

I have a 3 bedroom bungalow in Isaan, 4 air cons, all 3 bedrooms are in use, the living room air con is only used occasionally. Between 3,500 and 4,000 a month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This heat wave is costing me a lot of money...

My usual electric bill in the condo cost around 1500, 1600 baht a month....Last months bill was

a whopping 3200 baht......This is my highest electric bill EVER in Thailand

I tried to not use the air so much but I was sweating like a pig in the condo with the aircon off...

3200 baht for one month of electricity is crazy......I would rather spend that money on more important things like drinking in bars....

They really should give farangs FREE electricity because we are not use to this heat like the Thais are.....

Has anyone else seen a big increase in their electric bill?

Don';t stay home ride the BTS go to the mall donot stay at home.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

My usual electric bill in the condo cost around 1500, 1600 baht a month....Last months bill was

I tried to not use the air so much but I was sweating like a pig in the condo with the aircon off...

3200 baht for one month of electricity is crazy......I would rather spend that money on more important things like drinking in bars....

They really should give farangs FREE electricity because we are not use to this heat like the Thais are.....

my bill has doubled .. it is very hot !!!!!

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Choose bars with aircon, and your problem is solved...:whistling:

Not silly advice. Here in Siem Reap, its very "outdoor" style in the restaurants, which means I look for the A/C places. More expensive of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Your vegetable garden is doing just fine in 110 degree heat? Give me a break. Appealing to people to stop belittling those who get by without air conditioning, and reminding people that its excessive use has an environmental cost is not the same thing as "berating" and "preaching" to others about using air conditioning.

Reread my post. The use of the word "lemmings" was in reference to people following the behavior of the person in front of them, or continuing to do something they've always done, ignoring the dangers of doing so. Lemmings are famous for running off cliffs in blind stampedes. I doubt Easter Island has any lemmings.

Your feeble attempts to portray anyone who is against cannabis tourism as a "must-be" alcoholic never cease to amuse me and reflects poorly on your reasoning skills. I have never been a heavy drinker, and have not touched a drop of alcohol in close to 10 years.

Sorry if your gardening skills are not up to the job, actually I'm not sorry at all, in fact I'm glad.Perhaps you should take your own advice and read an appropriate book

"Appealing"  to people on here, how sad is that,  So pathetic you could even have used the most pathetic of all phrases, and "reached out"

Actually I am not sat in front of the aircon at present just a fan , What about you ? (is that whataboutism ?)  But what exactly is the consequence of turning on the air in the great scheme of things. none that's what

So who mentioned cannabis?, or indeed cannabis related tourism?  it was you, and why? I have no idea, perhaps in some failed bizarre attempt to insult or discredit me perhaps

.  I certainly seemed to have  touched a nerve when I mentioned Whisky in response to your smarmy "go have a joint comment"  I don't profess to have any reasoning skills. but its obvious to me that anybody so  proudly claiming "not to have touched a drop in 10 years" has obviously had issues in the past. No need to try to cover it up or deny it , there is nothing to be ashamed of, although its very common  for somebody who holds such an inflated opinion  of  themself to have a few skeletons in the cupboard, and only to be expected that they become embarrassed when something like that eventually leaks out.   No better than anybody else really are you.and you find that difficult to accept

All your posts are tainted with a certain  arrogance, did you used to be a "teacher" by any chance?, that would explain a lot  However your warped view of the world can only really be explained by  your head spending most of its time in the lower end of your digestive tract

just to put you right about lemmings    https://www.britannica.com/story/do-lemmings-really-commit-mass-suicide#:~:text=Lemmings do not commit suicide,search of a new home.

Encyclopedia Britannica should be good enough,    even for you,   So now you can stop spreading misinformation to lesser mortals like me and the rest of the forum members.    Another whisky may now be in order me thinks, better make it a large one, go on you know you want it 

Here in the south of Phuket it's 3-45 pm and it's cloudy but really hot and there is no air even with the front and back doors open, I've just put the A/C on in the lounge, 

39 minutes ago, BirdieMan said:

Only 3200 baht. Mine was 8,421 baht. We have 2 AC's running most of the time. We like to be comfortable, so I don't mind the cost.

a guy on Facebook was bragging about his 70k monthky bill the other day

• Haha 1

@Bday Prang

A way to settle this debate: post a picture of your vegetable garden which according to your accounts is "thriving" in this heat wave. Please include a sheet of paper in the photo with today's date on it so that we can all see when the photo was taken. A close up of the spinach patch and enough background evidence to show that the photo was taken in Thailand would be useful as well. Perhaps wait until tomorrow morning when the garden will surely look better than it does in the late afternoon sun.

2 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I live in a spacious house, not a small concrete room or condo.  You probably live in a one-room box in Bangkok.

It’s not one room but I do only use ac in one room. I’m not sure why I would do anything else but to each their own. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

You could go drinking in bars....that have aircon !!!

6 hours ago, stoner said:

how much is an amazon drink every day for a month though ?

You make a very fair point and it’s likely I pay more in drinks than I would for air con if I stayed indoors. Worth it however as the eye candy is particularly good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

@Bday Prang

A way to settle this debate: post a picture of your vegetable garden which according to your accounts is "thriving" in this heat wave. Please include a sheet of paper in the photo with today's date on it so that we can all see when the photo was taken. A close up of the spinach patch and enough background evidence to show that the photo was taken in Thailand would be useful as well. Perhaps wait until tomorrow morning when the garden will surely look better than it does in the late afternoon sun.

So now you are effectively accusing me of lying, but if this it what it takes to shut you up then so be it. I couldn't find an empty bottle of easily recognisable (for you ) sang som as the recycle man cam this morning so I included a bottle of Thai cooking oil hope that is acceptable proof of my location. dated piece of paper as requested

20240429_165741.thumb.jpg.d9c61a747126870939579abf45982478.jpg

20240429_164554.thumb.jpg.774f5f50629ad3e72572879c09f79260.jpg

now feel free to go forth and multiply  Not the mythical "we" you referred to ,  just yourself

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So now you are effectively accusing me of lying, but if this it what it takes to shut you up then so be it. I couldn't find an empty bottle of easily recognisable (for you ) sang som as the recycle man cam this morning so I included a bottle of Thai cooking oil hope that is acceptable proof of my location. dated piece of paper as requested

20240429_165741.thumb.jpg.d9c61a747126870939579abf45982478.jpg

20240429_164554.thumb.jpg.774f5f50629ad3e72572879c09f79260.jpg

now feel free to go forth and multiply

a. whatever that is, it's not the traditional spinach I was talking about; maybe heat resistant malabar spinach?

b. hardly looks "thriving"; looks like the plant has totally bolted in the heat; 

c. find it very hard to believe that whatever that is it's very appetizing (woody bitter flavor)

but thanks for sending the pictures

PS: where's the rest of your flourishing garden?

Edited by Gecko123

22 minutes ago, thrilled said:

I saw in weather.com at Korat it was around 42. Now that is hot. I looked it was hotter there than it was in Bangkok.

Yep,  I'm in Non Thai just out of Korat.  We hit 43 this afternoon. 

Just having a few cold ones now and it's dropped to 39.5 still warm but more bearable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Furioso said:

I've been kicked out of a few 7-11's this month. 

They key is to not sit down in the corner and open the door of the cooler.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Aircon in combo with fan can lower your electric bill with up to 50%

Interesting, have you got a link for that?

Definitely circulates the cold air but 50% lower electric bill is a big no chance

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

a. whatever that is, it's not the traditional spinach I was talking about; maybe heat resistant malabar spinach?

b. hardly looks "thriving"; looks like the plant has totally bolted in the heat; 

c. find it very hard to believe that whatever that is it's very appetizing (woody bitter flavor)

but thanks for sending the pictures

PS: where's the rest of your flourishing garden?

I have no idea what type of spinach it is, nobody specified traditional or otherwise,  it may not appear thriving to you but it grows very quickly and hardly requires watering. if at all. No idea what it tastes like, I don't eat it, but the mrs and the mother in law seem to like it. Rest of the garden is just fine. Even the Avocados are standing up well to the heat which does surprise me somewhat,maybe its because i  turned the aircon off for a few hours last night to decrease my personal carbon footprint  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Funny enough that's what i do, AC at 27⁰ (actual temperature 25-26.5⁰) and a fan, for sleeping, works well and pretty cheap

I can not sleep without the fan noice