Thaksin Enjoys a Busy Walking Street in Phuket on Monday Night

6 hours ago, Seppius said:

Totally in charge now, where this will go now is anyone's guess, he has played a blinder

Totally in charge ? I don't think so. If he gets too big for his boots he will be expelled by the ruling elite, as previously.

• Agree 1

Thaksin return to Thailand.
Yingluck return being prepared by Thaksin.
PM visits Thaksin in Chiang Mai.
Thaksin visiting CM and Phuket to promote his Pheu Thai party.

Back to the future?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't think that Thai doctors are quacks, in my interactions with the various Thai medical professions I have always been happy with their professional competence.

The shenanigans surrounding the deal struck to allow Thaksin to return from exile reflect more the deviousness and obsession with not losing face amongst the ruling echelons. They obviously couldn't admit that the legal proceedings which led to his convictions, sentencing and exile were " Junta justice" so the medical elements provided a suitable smokescreen.

Why did they need him back? Because, put simply, they have lost the younger generation, and Bangkok in particular, to the progressive movement; they desperately need to shore up support amongst the older generations - and that means Pheu Thai, and that means Thaksin.

Must be bitter medicine!

It has no bearing on the professional competence of doctors.

They had the young vote back with PITA but look what happened there.

10 minutes ago, Almer said:

I would like to post my experience of my visit to an outpatient dept for a follow up after a stent, all 10 hours of pushing sweating which includes a 2 hour wait at the pharmacy, for  the 4 minutes face to face with the doctor with another patient in the room but best not for fear of upsetting somebody

Here's a tell...  Did the police block traffic for his motorcade?

I don't know enough about Thaksin or Thai politics to have an opinion one way or the other about him or Yingluck.  I just know that every successful Asian economy was started down that road by a corrupt strongman that became fabulously (multi- generationally) wealthy but left enough in the coffers for the country to develop.

Is Thaksin that guy for Thailand?  We'll see.

• Confused 1

Break out the golf clubs and tennis rackets - the medical props have come off as Tony's miraculous recovery is right on schedule! 

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

From being on your death bed in January to being able to greet people in the streets 3 months later is an absolute miracle 

Hallelujah brothers and sisters - It's A Miracle!  (but completely expected)

Perfect candidate to boost tourism. “See? I’m now free to roam. You can too.  If you’re running away from law in your country you can have all the freedom you like” 

…….….………

small print: fees and charges apply based on individual circumstances. 

8 hours ago, Deserted said:

When's he going to enter back into politics?

He never left politics. He " worked from home" in Dubai 

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

From being on your death bed in January to being able to greet people in the streets 3 months later is an absolute miracle 

That's the power of chicken extract.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Deserted said:

Bro with his daughter as the party leader of Pheu Thai and the PM a man who will do anything the party leadership says, regardless how ridiculous, I'd say he's been in full control from the moment they signed that deal to end Move Forward party and allow his return into the country. 

• Like 1

A picture of Thaksin surrounded by 100 of his bodyguards walking down a street he wouldn't normally be seen dead in.  Quite ridiculous. 

Thaksin was hated in most of the South including Phuket before he went on his extended holiday.  I wonder how much that has changed, now that most Thais under 30 have only a vague idea who is or was. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Shouldn't he wear an orange jumpsuit?

A far, far higher entity than you or I has ordained that no, he does not need to wear an orange jumpsuit. Sucks to be us, eh?

On 5/2/2024 at 6:37 AM, Deserted said:

He never left.

11 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

A picture of Thaksin surrounded by 100 of his bodyguards walking down a street he wouldn't normally be seen dead in.  Quite ridiculous. 

Thaksin was hated in most of the South including Phuket before he went on his extended holiday.  I wonder how much that has changed, now that most Thais under 30 have only a vague idea who is or was. 

Most of his enemies have had their wings clipped, including former Yellow Shirt leader Sondhi Limthongkul, who was found guilty of fraud and lèse majesté.