Restaurant owner in Chon Buri hires customer overcharged for rice and egg dish

2015 at Krabi small portion of rice and 2 fried eggs were sold at 90 thb. thai street food got worse while prices went over the top

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Pratchaya drew attention to the importance of supporting those in need during tough times. He sought to help all parties involved by offering the father a chance to earn a livelihood at his restaurant.

Maybe I am just cynical , buy maybe Pratchaya couldn't find anyone willing to work in his restaurant and so offered the job to a desperate person  . Pratchaya may have just been helping himself, rather than helping other people 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Maybe I am just cynical , buy maybe Pratchaya couldn't find anyone willing to work in his restaurant and so offered the job to a desperate person  . Pratchaya may have just been helping himself, rather than helping other people 

Or he was maybe being altruistic

20 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The Deputy Director-General of the Department of Internal Trade, Udom Srisomsong, has ordered the Chonburi commerce office to inspect a restaurant that charges 70 baht (approximately $1.8) for a plate of rice and two fried eggs.

This is going to be a tough audit.

Now the mans has to work  long days for a too low salary to be able to buy overpriced food...Question for me is why has the man no job as almost all people have job according to the Thai News... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

You are not very Thai, maybe one day you will learn. Kudos to the restaurant owner

Nothing to do with being Thai , there are some people from every Nationality whose main concern is themselves and what's best for them  selves

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I think you got it right.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Those eggs are not fried they are decimated and over cooked and full of oil, deep frying eggs YUK :sick:

Thai style....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Those eggs are not fried they are decimated and over cooked and full of oil, deep frying eggs YUK :sick:

They are the 'stars' of the dish.