Chulalongkorn Tops Thai Universities, Ranks 117th in Asia

webfact

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

any chance we can get a small peek at the list ? or am i asking too much. 

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/regional-ranking

Here is your list:  I would choose a school only from the top 20  (U. Singapore might be OK.  But, I think Hong Kong University once was better, before the Commies came marching in.)

image.thumb.png.2ca64845a9c6a5bf862aa2e5b21b4b47.png

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking

Daughter went to Thammasat, rated #6 (in Thailand) for business/economics, even though accepted at the other 3.   Submitted her application too late for Chula.   Except for 'Songkhla, we actually visited the other 3 campuses, along with a few others, talking with students & alumni, before choosing, and money well spent:

image.png.440271a951d56e753e829ec4e75dfdef.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What Placed 117th in Asia. And that will be even lower on the International list. What is Chulalongkorn? Just another school in Thailand with failed prospects.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Here is your list:  I would choose a school only from the top 20  (U. Singapore might be OK.  But, I think Hong Kong University once was better, before the Commies came marching in.)

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking

hmmmmmmmmmm Cloumbia, all that top notch educations served them really well then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

hmmmmmmmmmm Cloumbia, all that top notch educations served them really well then

If fact, Columbia should be much higher on a more objective list.

Each of these "lists" uses different criteria, and they are biased.

And, many relay on students' reporting, or on number of research papers published.

Therefore, for example, if one criterion is numbers of paper published, there is no mention of what journals have published the papers.

In the case of some universities around here, the grad students seem to publish their articles/papers in lesser known GARBAGE publications, like Boy's Life, or something, IDK....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Thais love banging on about chula..

chula this, chula that..

117th in asia? that's hardly earth shattering, is it?

come back when you are cambridge or MIT.

then you can beat your chests with pride!

bob.

How is your university ranked?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

What Placed 117th in Asia. And that will be even lower on the International list. What is Chulalongkorn? Just another school in Thailand with failed prospects.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

So no university for you then, thought so.

you shouldn't think so much, Frits.

It hasn't done you much good so far!

bob.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

KTH Royal Institute of Technology. Bachelor in Information and Communication Technology and a Master in Technology based Entrepreneurship

How about you? It´s sharing time 😉 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

KTH Royal Institute of Technology. Bachelor in Information and Communication Technology and a Master in Technology based Entrepreneurship

UCL - Master's in Microwaves & Modern Optics (space science)

Chula - Studied for an MA in Thai Studies, but I will be honest and say that I only studied 'for fun' and I was not awarded the actual certificate at the end because it carried a $2,000 fee for that bit of paper!! (You farang - you pay more!!)

Edited by simon43
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

·        Open university: Management science

·        Open university: Informatics

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Singapore and Beijing both in the top 20 band. Not surprised. 

- I've taught / done invited lectures at NUS Singapore, everything planned / done with excellence. Great students.

- I've taught at Beijing university, Executive MBA in English. Everything planned and executed with impressive quality, excellent students, want to learn, they add highly valuable discussion / application in the classroom, in case studies, in exams. Students very keen to learn about the value of leadership behaviors. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Way above Chula according to

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking#!/length/25/locations/THA/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Chula is in the 601-801 range and the university I went to is in the 301-350 range. I did find this article from 2016.

Flinders celebrates 50 years with world Top 50 spot

"Flinders has climbed 31 places from 77th in 2015 to 46th in 2016"

https://news.flinders.edu.au/blog/2016/04/07/flinders-celebrates-50-years-with-world-top-50-spot/

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2016/young-university-rankings?page=1#

Now why don't you tell us all about your university's ranking assuming you graduated from one?

Screenshot (1265).png

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

UCL - Master's in Microwaves & Modern Optics (space science)

Chula - Studied for an MA in Thai Studies, but I will be honest and say that I only studied 'for fun' and I was not awarded the actual certificate at the end because it carried a $2,000 fee for that bit of paper!! (You farang - you pay more!!)

Yes, you see, Chula is extorting money from us. 😂

However, I like the master at UCL.

Chula has started paying a lot more for research published in Q1 journals co-listed in Web of Science. You get 500,000 baht per published article. Thammasat is paying somewhat less: 350,000 I was told. And the cheapos at Mahidol I know are only paying 100,000.