Am I a cheating bad guy, or would you do the same?

2long

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be called a bad guy if the seller compares the serial number on the receipt, or their records, with the serial number on the faulty device.

As you have paid out twice, IMO not cheating.

Depends on how sophisticated their inventory system is...  But if it's sophisticated enough to recognize the S/N, the OP wouldn't even need the receipt.

But I agree.  Not cheating, and that's what I'd have done, and have in the past.  With no remorse, even though I often second guess myself.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be called a bad guy if the seller compares the serial number on the receipt, or their records, with the serial number on the faulty device.

As you have paid out twice, IMO not cheating.

10 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

awwww, I thought this was going to be a sordid tale of adultery and boom boom gone wrong.

I sort of knew that, and worded my heading accordingly.

Solly!

God gave you a conscience for decisions like this. If it is bothering you, then pay close attention to it. 

James 4:17.....Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin.

The best course of action is to always tell the truth. Just go throw yourself on the mercy of the retailer's return department, and I'm sure they will understand and cut you some slack. Try it! You'll be pleasantly surprised what will happen when you practice righteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I told the waitress it was undercharged

Happens more often than one would think.  The GF looks at me like I'm crazy, when I point it out, and pay the extra.

On 5/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, fondue zoo said:

awwww, I thought this was going to be a sordid tale of adultery and boom boom gone wrong.

It is really. This is just a diversionary tactic!

4 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I’ll keep a cold beer for you when I meet you in hell. Share stories of how we ended up there😂😂😂

I bet you stole that beer ?!