Hot Dogs

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Marmite, if you like the taste, include B vitamins which are essential for health and baked beans carry a good amount of fiber,

As for hotdogs.  I feed them to my dog.....she loves them

Bought these yesterday to ensure I can get my Marmite fix wherever I am without having to cart a jar around with me. 24 x 8g portions. £6 on Amazon UK. 

Marmite portions.jpg

6 hours ago, Keeps said:

Bought these yesterday to ensure I can get my Marmite fix wherever I am without having to cart a jar around with me. 24 x 8g portions. £6 on Amazon UK. 

Marmite portions.jpg

Shoe polish????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, nana kid said:

Is there anywhere in BKK that I can find American Brand Hot dogs                        Nathans       Ball Park     Oscar Meyer   Etc

None on Lazada

Sabrett or Hebrew National    !

23 hours ago, nana kid said:

Is there anywhere in BKK that I can find American Brand Hot dogs                        Nathans       Ball Park     Oscar Meyer   Etc

None on Lazada

Find help, find hope.

Suicide cannot be an answer to your griefs... 

14 hours ago, Yagoda said:

In a land of crappy sausage, the Man with the Hebrew Nationals is King.

Unless its a Sabrett.

With all due respect... the water in Thailand is too clean for Sabretts...

They didn't earn the sobriquet 'Dirty Water Hotdogs' without it!

12 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

Whenever I have the hunger I head to the Old German Beer House for a smoked beef sausage. It's a meal. 

IMG_20240413_132805.thumb.jpg.0ce6d97913397ee2d41b43e2f12d394d.jpg

Nicely presented, to hide the vein on the underside.

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2024 at 8:32 AM, nana kid said:

None on Lazada

Do it by yourself. Not rocket science 🙏

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

"UNCURED WEINERS MADE WITH TURKEY, CHICKEN & PORK"

Yeah . . . no, I think I'll pass.

Me too. I wouldn't want to eat animals that had a disease.  Cured one got to be safer.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Dioj said:

With all the healthy, fresh, and delicious food in the world, it's hard to imagine anyone would be missing any of that horrid, processed, nitrate infested, heart attack inducing junk food made with monkey foreskins from America. 

I love hot dogs, always have, always will.

I got this far without a heart attack, despite eating them for 50 years, so you are just making that up.

Just reading this thread makes me want one right now, so to the freezer I go. Yummy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/12/2024 at 8:32 AM, nana kid said:

None on Lazada

Just stocked up on 4 dozen Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs at Tops but ... I am in Chiang Mai. Sometimes hit or miss if they are in stock . It does tell us that they are being imported to Thailand.

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I enjoy a good hot dog, to change things up.  Matter fact had a couple the past 2 days, and might have 1 today.   Quick & easy snack.   What nitrates you don't consume, you body makes.   Of course if you live oNn processed meats, might not be a good thing.

Yes, I enjoy all the healthy GMO, chemical & pesticide laced food, fruits & veggies, that bugs won't even eat also.  So much better.   

I add salt, MSG & sugar to my food also.   Along with full fat cows milk, and OMG ... wheat flour.

Chocolate, pastry & ice cream ...  turn off MSM, stop living in fear.

Can you see your abs? 

If not then you are too fat.  

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2024 at 9:00 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

"UNCURED WEINERS MADE WITH TURKEY, CHICKEN & PORK"

Yeah . . . no, I think I'll pass.

Indeed, I don't like Turks either, and certainly not in American sausages.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I love hot dogs, always have, always will.

The best thing about hot dogs at home is that I can go from hangry to full in just a few minutes.  And if I do my normal (mustard, sweet relish, onion, tomato, celery salt, and a pickle wedge), I get most of the food groups, plus a few that probably aren't that good for me. 

Pop the dog into the nuke while cutting the veggies and slathering on the condiments...

My favorites away from home are Chicago dogs (with sport peppers and that fluorescent green Chipico relish), and New York dogs with that nasty looking onion sauce that tastes so good.

Edited by impulse

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, impulse said:

The best thing about hot dogs at home is they I can go from hangry to full in just a few minutes.  And if I do my normal (mustard, sweet relish, onion, tomato and a pickle wedge), I get most of the food groups, plus a few that probably aren't that good for me. 

Pop the dog into the nuke while cutting the veggies and slathering on the condiments...

My favorites away from home are Chicago dogs (with sport peppers and that fluorescent green Chipico relish), and New York dogs with that nasty looking onion sauce that tastes so good.

Thanks for the suggestions. I normally just go for the mayo, mustard ketchup, but sweet relish sound interesting, and I'm all in for sweet pickles ( as long as you mean a gherkin ). Good idea to include lettuce ( I grow my own ) as that should sort my healthy food requirements.

My only problem here is that I can't get wholemeal bread rolls, and as I won't touch white bread I have to use a slice of wholemeal bread instead of a roll. No matter as just yum yum yummy anyway.

I actually got hooked on hot dogs in Antarctica as I used to visit the American base a lot and they had them ( free of course ) available 24/7. I'd go over to watch a movie marathon and eat hot dogs- life just doesn't get better than that.

In Thailand I loved the Dairy Queen hot dogs with Heinz hot dog relish, till they stopped selling them. I always took a few jars of the relish back to the UK. Sadly, can't find hot dog relish of any brand in NZ.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I normally just go for the mayo, mustard ketchup, but sweet relish sound interesting, and I'm all in for sweet pickles ( as long as you mean a gherkin ).

A typical Chicago dog includes a slice of dill pickle, but it's a fresh kosher dill pickle, not as strong flavor as a normal dill pickle that comes in a jar that lasts forever.  We also called them pickle barrel pickles, and you can make them yourself.  If you haven't yet, try a sport pepper, or a pepperoncini, easily available in Asia.

I'll have to try the lettuce...  Never had it on a dog.  That's usually a burger thing back home.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In Thailand I loved the Dairy Queen hot dogs with Heinz hot dog relish, till they stopped selling them. I always took a few jars of the relish back to the UK. Sadly, can't find hot dog relish of any brand in NZ.

They still sell hot dogs at DQ, but they changed the dogs, and flavorless now (franchisee dependent).   Yes, they used to be good hot dogs.   They were also the same hot dogs that S&P sell in the packages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

A typical Chicago dog includes a slice of dill pickle, but it's a fresh kosher dill pickle, not as strong flavor as a normal dill pickle that comes in a jar that lasts forever.  We also called them pickle barrel pickles, and you can make them yourself.  If you haven't yet, try a sport pepper, or a pepperoncini, easily available in Asia.

I'll have to try the lettuce...  Never had it on a dog.  That's usually a burger thing back home.

I actually got the idea for lettuce on a hot dog from a Japanese movie. I just haven't got around to doing it before, but I'm inspired to now. I don't make my own burgers, but hot dogs are easy, and a pack lasts a while in the freezer.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thanks. I'll have to see if my local supermarket sells dill pickles, but we don't have "kosher" anything where I live- no demand.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I actually got the idea for lettuce on a hot dog from a Japanese movie. I just haven't got around to doing it before, but I'm inspired to now. I don't make my own burgers, but hot dogs are easy, and a pack lasts a while in the freezer.

Burgers are another quick and easy go-to when I want fast food at home.  Not as quick as hot dogs, since I fry the burgers so they take 5 minutes or so.  I buy ground pork, squash it into patties and freeze them individually in plastic bags.  Before prices exploded, I used beef.  Nowadays...  Pork.  I make up a kilogram or 2 at a time and they freeze great.

Back home, they sell patty makers on Amazon and EBay for a few $$$.  I never looked on Lazada.

On the kosher dill pickles, I don't know what makes them "kosher".  Just that you have to buy them in the refrigerated section and they need to be kept cold.  Easy enough to make your own with recipes on the interwebs.  It's personal preference, but I like them much better than the typical Russkie dills available in Asia (Thailand and China).

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, impulse said:

I used to buy my hot dogs (and buns and relish and mustard) at Foodland on Soi 16.   They were in what I'd refer to as a Deli Counter, with some other goodies like roast beef.  They weren't any brand that I recognized, but they fit the bill.  They had several flavors, some of which were horrible, others pretty good.  You just have to try them to see if you like any.

TBH, I haven't been there since Covid, so I hope they still have them. 

Edit:  I find it amusing to when Brits bash American food.  Haggis and Marmite, anyone?  And who eats baked beans for breakfast?  That's just mean to your co-workers who have to sit in that gas...

They still have them, and they are a reasonable substitute for American hotdogs, but as posted above, IMO, Villa Market at Sukhumvit Soi 33 has the best selection of all actual American imports, albeit on a hit and miss basis.

FWIW, I buy a lot of stuff online from "BritiShop, Expat food delivery Nationwide across Thailand" . They have a great selection, quick delivery, and found some excellent sausages that are identical to American breakfast sausage. There meat pies great. Personally, I find their prices reasonable, but I suspect many here will bash the prices as they do everything else.

BTW, I am an American that's been here for nearly 30 years.

Edited by paulbrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Can you see your abs? 

If not then you are too fat.  

Partially, yes, but I have no desire to be as lean as you are implying, the washboard look.   I can look straight down and see my penis, since having a flat stomach.   I carry about 5 extra lbs, as I stated earlier, (miss that did you) and guess most is on the midsection, as legs and upper body (chest, shoulders & arm) have little to no extra.

Wouldn't want to be totally lean with no extra at all, as I don't think that is healthy.  Especially if I was to get sick, as body might need a bit extra for energy, that might not be consumed.

I'm not even close to fat, and used to chuckle when people asked where I worked out in my younger days, when not wearing so many clothes.   Use to tell them at the '9 to 5' gym.   When you stack steel cylinders all night (3rd shift), weighing 75-150 lbs, that equates to lifting weights all day at the gym, then hard not to look in good shape.

Or if you load 400 duffle bags on a charter military flight, weighing 50-100 lbs, yea, that keeps you in shape.  Cycling 50 kms a day and you really don't need to go to the gym to work your legs.

Do back exercises and stomach crunches to keep muscles in shape for back support, not for vanity.

To ask if I can see my abs is typical of the stupidity on this forum, that turns me off posting anything any more.   Apparently idiots don't have any reading comprehension.

'all things in moderation' ... guess you missed that part.   I could simply have replied, 'yes, can you ?', but it's a forum full to strangers, liars & trolls, who need to get a life ... nuff said

BYE BYE