Biden's Polling Puzzle Is He In Denial?

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Millions are wondering why they have to pay taxes to cover student loans, and putting 100% tariffs on EVs will be seen as making them too expensive to buy if they can't afford to make Elon richer.

Mr. Trump has said he would escalate his trade war with China if re-elected and said this year that he was considering imposing tariffs of 60 percent or more on Chinese imports. In March, Mr. Trump said he would impose a 100 percent tariff on cars made in Mexico by Chinese companies.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Biden has 300 staff across 9 states. Trump has jettisoned RNC staffers, the campaign is basically broke.

However, the situation will be different after the conventions, Trump's fundraising will pick up, and his campaign will mushroom.

Just like polling, what is happening today doesn't really matter.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden's big problem is that he has an opponent with a record as president. People can compare their life under Trump with their life under Biden. When they do, the answer is clear. Trump had 2% inflation, 2 dollar gas, 3% mortgages,and no wars.Biden can't compete with basic numbers like that. Housing up 40% in 4 years, mortgage payments up even more, car payments of $700 or more are not uncommon.... these are things people will vote on. 

And a shortage of body bags.

Edited by Danderman123

39 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You know grudgingly that Biden has a massive war chest that drawfs Trump and has more campaign offices and staffs. Trump's rallies are all stagecrafted the way he likes it. Full of razzle dazzle with his ardent die hard travelling cult followers full of adulation all day carnival style rallies. Really nothing much by way of substance. Biden preferred smaller meetings and avoid the carnival style larger rallies. He prefer venues like churches and union halls. Rallies that are intimate and speak on policies that benefit the voters. Biden rallies are more impactful than Trump's deviod of policies but just whipping up crowd anger as he vilified his perceived enemies. No wonder people are leaving his rallies as it is always the same old disgusting speeches. 

Codswallop on steroids. Hilarious!

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's what you get when you live in the Washington bubble for most of your life- a refusal to accept reality?

Do I want Trump to win- only if Biden/ Harris are his opponents. So long as they are, I'm all in for a Trump victory in November.

I don't know how the Dems machine can accept a man that can apparently barely walk without falling over, can't speak without a telepromter, and looks as presidential as a soggy small dog.

America's enemies must be rooting for him to win for all they are worth, while having a laugh in at his latest misadventure. He's certainly alienating once upon a time allies in the Middle East, and his relationship with China is heading only downward.

Zero truth here, just the usual Cult spam

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

However, the situation will be different after the conventions, Trump's fundraising will pick up, and his campaign will mushroom.

What's happening today is Trump headed for jail in a Federal prison.  Really, really matters.

8 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

BS and the only qualified candidate for president 

Are you cereal? Did you see his latest public appearance- tottering around the stage, mispronouncing names, misreading the teleprompter, avoiding the press like the plague... A vote for Biden is effectively a vote for Kamala Harris as President, since I can't see any way Joe makes it through the next 4 years. It's a pity, he should spend his remaining time with his grandkids and relaxing, not trying to maintain a bony grip on power. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Tell us more about the "behemoth of a campaign" that Joe is building.  Has he had any events where attendees outnumber his staff or the press? He was at APAIC embarrassing himself on the weekend. Referring to one cabinet secretary by the wrong name, and calling another one "kid" and wanting her to show off her dress.  And you think TRUMP has trouble with women?

Ahhh well, another Faux informed inhabitant of the MAGA cult.  Dream on

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Even assuming you are correct, those contributions are bleeding out to Trump's legal fees.

Every lawyer knows Trump's record of stiffing contractors. I doubt there is a single lawyer working for Trump now who is not getting paid in advance for their services.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Ahhh well, another Faux informed inhabitant of the MAGA cult.  Dream on

I like that song. One of Aerosmith's early hits.  Although I prefer "Same Old Song and Dance". 

14 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

If Biden is senile and old what does it say about Trump.Biden is not a cheat,criminal, adulterer,lier,bankrupt buisnessman,that can't control his bowels. Oh I forgot the narcisisum,petulance and childish name calling. A man with little or no memory that cannot pick competent staff and blames eveybody for his stuff ups and mistakes. Ops I for got open to bribery and perpetually scamming the American people for money while he claims he is very very rich!

Biden is a genuine PATRIOT not a want to be dictator interested in his own self gain and importance.

Biden will win the NOvember election ! Americans are not fools or naive.

The whataboutery doesn't help.  Nor does the usual laundry list of irrelevant comparisons.  Keep to the simple facts.  The US was better off under Trump than it is under Biden and the polls show that Americans believe this as well. 

Trump for his 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

WAEXAM_MAY15.thumb.jpg.3bfc8d8653d04b35ca6ac94a8cb23f35.jpg

Biden was born in denial. He's hopeless and feckless and he knows it now.

In the past 6 months of his campaigning, gaslighting America how great the economy is, how secure the border is, how peace in the ME is bristling, has produced no positive results, has not improved his polling while Trump sitting in a courtroom has seen his lead in key swing states increase now with 3 outside the margin of error. This can be nothing but trouble for Biden and despite being too senile and dumb to comprehend  this, Bidens handlers are likely taking the time to address their panic! 

Bidens polling failure

Edited by illisdean
  • Haha 1

I wonder what agenda they're talking about, as a lifelong centrist Democrat it appears to me that he has no agenda. I'm not saying that his current term has been a disaster but I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to have been preaching a particularly interesting agenda for his second term. The other factor is that he's just way too old and he's got the worst possible VP candidate that could have been selected. He's running against the horrific opponent, and even Mylie Cyrus should be able to beat Trump in a fair election. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The whataboutery doesn't help.  Nor does the usual laundry list of irrelevant comparisons.  Keep to the simple facts.  The US was better off under Trump than it is under Biden and the polls show that Americans believe this as well. 

Trump for his 

If Trump was better off, he would not have lost to Biden in 2020. Fast forward and we still have the same uncouth unintelligent vile older moron with no policies that benefit the people and running on an election to save himself from all the criminal indictments. You MAGA folks are so so gullible. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LatPhrao said:

What's happening today is Trump headed for jail in a Federal prison.  Really, really matters.

It's extremely likely that Trump will go to prison any time soon, even if convicted. His attorneys will appeal the conviction for years.

My experience has been that Appeals Courts often provide some relief, if only to stay in business.

Edited by Danderman123

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder what agenda they're talking about, as a lifelong centrist Democrat it appears to me that he has no agenda. I'm not saying that his current term has been a disaster but I'm just saying that he doesn't seem to have been preaching a particularly interesting agenda for his second term. The other factor is that he's just way too old and he's got the worst possible VP candidate that could have been selected. He's running against the horrific opponent, and even Mylie Cyrus should be able to beat Trump in a fair election. 

Usually, a candidate will lay out their agenda for the next term at the time of the convention, ie when people are paying attention.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

If Trump was better off, he would not have lost to Biden in 2020. Fast forward and we still have the same uncouth unintelligent vile older moron with no policies that benefit the people and running on an election to save himself from all the criminal indictments. You MAGA folks are so so gullible. 

Oh Eric.  Not a MAGA guy, if you ever read any of my stuff you would know. But don't let that stop you from dismissing people without actually thinking.  In 2020, Biden did not have a record as president to run on, obviously. In the chaos of the 'Rona, he looked like a sane and middle of the road alternative. I understand why people chose him, looking for experience in the midst of a crisis is understandable.

BUT... now is different. Biden will have to run on his record as President. And that is not good. Or, he can go low and try to demonize Trump. Probably a better strategy to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It seems to depend on who is doing the polls, and the population they are sampling. There are polls saying Biden has a substantial lead over Trump, who does one believe?

IMO Trump's boasting about overturning Roe vs Wade will cost him dearly with women voters. Any conviction recorded against him is also a minus.

I can't find a poll, or a bookmaker, forecasting anything other than a Trump win. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Oh Eric.  Not a MAGA guy, if you ever read any of my stuff you would know. But don't let that stop you from dismissing people without actually thinking.  In 2020, Biden did not have a record as president to run on, obviously. In the chaos of the 'Rona, he looked like a sane and middle of the road alternative. I understand why people chose him, looking for experience in the midst of a crisis is understandable.

BUT... now is different. Biden will have to run on his record as President. And that is not good. Or, he can go low and try to demonize Trump. Probably a better strategy to be honest. 

You seem to be hedging one's bet pretty well. We can agree the fact that there was chaos in Trump's presidency and Biden's win in 2020 can be more accurately measure analysing the electrolate. Biden won over the suburdan voters, white men and independents. The prediction for 2024 will be quite similar. Trump simply has not broadened his appeal to these groups and he can't win without them. By the way, Biden is an effective statesman. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You seem to be hedging one's bet pretty well. We can agree the fact that there was chaos in Trump's presidency and Biden's win in 2020 can be more accurately measure analysing the electrolate. Biden won over the suburdan voters, white men and independents. The prediction for 2024 will be quite similar. Trump simply has not broadened his appeal to these groups and he can't win without them. By the way, Biden is an effective statesman. 

Actually Trump won both white voters AND male voters in 2020. Now, he is making gains in hispanic and black voters- traditional Democratic constituencies. Independents are also souring on Biden.   

Lots of Americans are looking at the simple question, "are you better off now or when Trump was President?" and answering "Trump". 

Biden is not, and never has been, a statesman of any kind. 

• Haha 2