Biden's Polling Puzzle Is He In Denial?

40 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

That's a noble sentiment, except for the small detail that more Americans died from Covid under Biden than under Trump. Otherwise, you are making a valid point.

Over how many months? You're not go8ng to compare 9 months of Trumps mandate with 3 years of Biden's mandate, are you?

Covid deaths barely started before April 2020 and when Biden was inaugurated, it was during the peak of a wave which started in December under Trump.

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

That's a noble sentiment, except for the small detail that more Americans died from Covid under Biden than under Trump. Otherwise, you are making a valid point.

And when did covid start? Who said it would magically disappear by Easter? Or you could stick something up your bum to stop it?

Biden inherited a mess Trump started. No denying that

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, candide said:

Over how many months? You're not go8ng to compare 9 months of Trumps mandate with 3 years of Biden's mandate, are you?

Covid deaths barely started before April 2020 and when Biden was inaugurated, it was during the peak of a wave which started in December under Trump.

Trump supporters have a hard time with the truth. They love alternative facts.

• Like 1

Hanaguma still believe the MAGA propergander. I did quote all verifiable facts. You claim the economy was better under Trump, that is straight out bulls++t. ALL the preformance data from all reliable sources shows the exact opposite to your claim. May I respectfullysuggest you check the performance of the economy over the last 3.5years compared to the previous four under Trump. Facts will prove you 100% wrong.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Hanaguma still believe the MAGA propergander. I did quote all verifiable facts. You claim the economy was better under Trump, that is straight out bulls++t. ALL the preformance data from all reliable sources shows the exact opposite to your claim. May I respectfullysuggest you check the performance of the economy over the last 3.5years compared to the previous four under Trump. Facts will prove you 100% wrong.

Another one that chooses to forget that covid had something to do with the decline in the US economy 5555555

3 hours ago, Roo Island said:

And when did covid start? Who said it would magically disappear by Easter? Or you could stick something up your bum to stop it?

Biden inherited a mess Trump started. No denying that

Actually a mess that the Chinese started, but don't worry about that. Although to shock you, I think you are right. Trump handled Covid poorly. But so did Biden. Lockdowns, forced vaccinations, killing toursim, both can take the blame.  

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well I have to agree with you, I think they should have asked Biden to step aside, and make room for younger, more vital candidate, and at the very minimum Biden should have asked Harris to step aside and make room for a qualified VP candidate, that so many people don't despise. 

On that I agree with you. Unfortunately they went with the geriatric that could drop dead 5 minutes after being inaugurated allowing that woman to become POTUS, and if that happens then God help us as we are IMO doomed.

BTW does anyone on here think Harris would make a good POTUS?

46 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

I am looking at the "performance data" that matter to normal people. The price of basic consumer goods. The cost of a mortgage on a small home. The inflation rate. And no matter how loud you shout or how many perjoratives you use, the general public does not agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On that I agree with you. Unfortunately they went with the geriatric that could drop dead 5 minutes after being inaugurated allowing that woman to become POTUS, and if that happens then God help us as we are IMO doomed.

Good point. From what I remember , people assumed Biden would be a safe, middle of the road, one term president. His sole job was to stop Trump and bring back normalcy.  But his sad choice of a VP has effectively handcuffed the Democratic party into keeping him for a second term.  

IF the Democrats brought in a younger, more centrist candidate (Wes Moore, for example), they would win in a landslide. 

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually a mess that the Chinese started, but don't worry about that. Although to shock you, I think you are right. Trump handled Covid poorly. 

No the people who handled covid poorly were the obese,un healthy (cigarette smokers) with lifestyle induced co morbidities 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Good point. From what I remember , people assumed Biden would be a safe, middle of the road, one term president. His sole job was to stop Trump and bring back normalcy.  But his sad choice of a VP has effectively handcuffed the Democratic party into keeping him for a second term.  

IF the Democrats brought in a younger, more centrist candidate (Wes Moore, for example), they would win in a landslide. 

IMO if the Democrats brought in a talking donkey they would win in a landslide.

IMO millions of people just don't want Biden as POTUS and millions more  certainly don't want Harris as a likely POTUS. IMO if Biden/ Harris go away, Trump's appeal gets eliminated for all but his hard core base of Washington haters.

The ball is in the Dem's court.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO if the Democrats brought in a talking donkey they would win in a landslide.

IMO millions of people just don't want Biden as POTUS and millions more  certainly don't want Harris as a likely POTUS. IMO if Biden/ Harris go away, Trump's appeal gets eliminated for all but his hard core base of Washington haters.

The ball is in the Dem's court.

True, especially about the donkey. At least it could talk, unlike their current candidate.  The un-Biden vote is strong, I can't really see too many people being enthused about him or, God forbid, Harris.  A lot of nose-holding at the voting booth in November.  

On 5/14/2024 at 1:44 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Trump's pick for VP is the most important thing for his success in November. If he makes a mistake it will likely cost him the W H.

Let's remember a certain GOP candidate that picked the wrong VP candidate and what happened to him. I liked her personally, but as a future VP, was just not going to happen.

It's a pity that Pence is most likely not in contention. I thought he was an excellent VP.

gee i wonder why pence would not want to endorse trump much less be his vp again?..

could it maybe have something to do with pence being a loyal lapdog  licking trumps behind for four years only to be rewared by trump trying to throw him to all those fine jan 6 tourists who wanted to hang his  pitiful  butt to reinstall dear leader after he lost?

11 minutes ago, morrobay said:

No the people who handled covid poorly were the obese,un healthy (cigarette smokers) with lifestyle induced co morbidities 

Tell that to my two good friends who were in good shape not obese not smokers very active  and very healthy who listened to fox news and refused to get the shots...both died with tubes stuck down their throats while their overweight out of shape wives got the shots and had no problems at all.

Posted (edited)

Indeed ↑to thaibeachlover. And on the topic of Bidens disengagement from the poles: I worry that he might be confident that there will be "enough ballots" to give him the win. I read somewhere that all he needs is Philly, Atlanta, and Detroit. BTW just because this sounds like a conspiracy does not mean there is no conspiracy 

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually a mess that the Chinese started, but don't worry about that. Although to shock you, I think you are right. Trump handled Covid poorly. But so did Biden. Lockdowns, forced vaccinations, killing toursim, both can take the blame.  

Guaranteed that the Chinese are to blame. One way or another. Biden’s hands were tied due to the misinformation spewed by Trump and the dodgy right wing media outlets. And. It was a once in a lifetime pandemic, hopefully. In the end, the US performed the worst globally.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Guaranteed that the Chinese are to blame. One way or another. Biden’s hands were tied due to the misinformation spewed by Trump and the dodgy right wing media outlets. And. It was a once in a lifetime pandemic, hopefully. In the end, the US performed the worst globally.

Off topic, but the misinformation came from Official Washington, regardless who was in the White House. Remember hearing the President say, "if you get vaccinated, you can't get Covid?"  Well I for one can personally attest that he was not telling the truth. My wife and I both got the Phizer and both got Covid.

40 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Off topic, but the misinformation came from Official Washington, regardless who was in the White House. Remember hearing the President say, "if you get vaccinated, you can't get Covid?"  Well I for one can personally attest that he was not telling the truth. My wife and I both got the Phizer and both got Covid.

I remember the president never wearing a mask and saying it would magically disappear by Easter. Trump is a horrible leader.

Back to topic. Early polls mean nothing

Hanaguma has been empowered by Trump to talk for all the local people. You still don't want to look at the Trump years objectively. Ask the millons of unemployed that have been empowered to work under the infrastructure plan.The new business opportunites opened in the last 3.5 years. Remember most of the inflation was caused by Trumps mishandling of the pandemic major supply chain problems, small and big buiness closing. Trumps 10% China tariff drove up many prices, he didn't know Americans had to pay the tariff not the Chinese, more ignorance. 

Simple facts:    Trump        Biden

GPD                    -30%           +3

Stock market       2000        5000

Unemployment   14%            4%

Inflation (Covid)    0               3%

Wages growth   2% to 0%     4.5%

Plenty more if you do the research                  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, morrobay said:

On top of it, it was just a flu, a cabal by the left-wing media to weaken the stock values! 🤣

10 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Hanaguma has been empowered by Trump to talk for all the local people. You still don't want to look at the Trump years objectively. Ask the millons of unemployed that have been empowered to work under the infrastructure plan.The new business opportunites opened in the last 3.5 years. Remember most of the inflation was caused by Trumps mishandling of the pandemic major supply chain problems, small and big buiness closing. Trumps 10% China tariff drove up many prices, he didn't know Americans had to pay the tariff not the Chinese, more ignorance. 

Simple facts:    Trump        Biden

GPD                    -30%           +3

Stock market       2000        5000

Unemployment   14%            4%

Inflation (Covid)    0               3%

Wages growth   2% to 0%     4.5%

Plenty more if you do the research                  

Paul is cherry picking more than George Washington's mother after the tragic 'axe' incident. 

Looking at trends and longer term paint a far different picture.

Eg. Unemployment under Trump fell gradually but steadily until covid- to about 3.9%. Covid saw a spike, then falling to 6.5% when Biden took over. Since then, slowly falling again. Not sure where the 14% number came from.

Inflation the same, but kept falling to 1.4% when Biden took office. Now much higher. Plus the disastrous cost of interest rate hikes on home mortgages, car payments and so on. 

Stock market is irrelevant to most people.  

Housing prices are very relevant. Up more than 30% under Biden. Rent is similar.  

So by all means, please PLEASE let Biden run on his economic record. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

You are right. However the misinformation from 'Washington's had positive consequences as it induced people to get vaccinated.

It's very different from the right-wing anti-vaccine misinformation which led to extra deaths. After the vaccine was available, Trump voters' s death rate increased, and they totalled around 2/3 of Covid deaths.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/1189939229/covid-deaths-democrats-republicans-gap-study

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Paul is cherry picking more than George Washington's mother after the tragic 'axe' incident. 

Looking at trends and longer term paint a far different picture.

Eg. Unemployment under Trump fell gradually but steadily until covid- to about 3.9%. Covid saw a spike, then falling to 6.5% when Biden took over. Since then, slowly falling again. Not sure where the 14% number came from.

Inflation the same, but kept falling to 1.4% when Biden took office. Now much higher. Plus the disastrous cost of interest rate hikes on home mortgages, car payments and so on. 

Stock market is irrelevant to most people.  

Housing prices are very relevant. Up more than 30% under Biden. Rent is similar.  

So by all means, please PLEASE let Biden run on his economic record. 

You conveniently ignore the impact of the Covid crisis and other events on the global economy. Inflation has been high in all countries. It's not specific to the U.S. or Biden. Similarly  inflation was low in all developed countries pre-Covid. Actually it was even lower in the EU than in the U.S.

The big difference us that, while suffering from à similar inflation level  the U.S has been leading by far in economic growth. Other developed countries would be happy with the same performance as the U.S.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

5f20b174-2560-42cf-af83-4de31cbbf809.png

3 minutes ago, candide said:

You conveniently ignore the impact of the Covid crisis and other events on the global economy. Inflation has been high in all countries. It's not specific to the U.S. or Biden. Similarly  inflation was low in all developed countries pre-Covid. Actually it was even lower in the EU than in the U.S.

The big difference us that, while suffering from à similar inflation level  the U.S has been leading by far in economic growth. Other developed countries would be happy with the same performance as the U.S.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

0f37d7d4-7d00-4b1c-9343-0effd980b0a1.png

5f20b174-2560-42cf-af83-4de31cbbf809.png

Yep, run on that. Best of luck.

The pre-Covid economy under Trump was fab. Good for everyone, great for minorities (historic low unemployment for blacks and hispanics), low gas prices, etc.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Yep, run on that. Best of luck.

The pre-Covid economy under Trump was fab. Good for everyone, great for minorities (historic low unemployment for blacks and hispanics), low gas prices, etc.

The pre-Covid economy was fab in all developped countries, nothing specific to being under Trump in the U.S.!

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, candide said:

The pre-Covid economy was fab in all developped countries, nothing specific to being under Trump in the U.S.!

So, at the very least he didn't screw it up, right? And even helped it along. I seem to remember the doom-and-gloom predictions when he took office by various economists and talking heads on the news. Didn't happen. 

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She was an absolute dreadful district attorney of San Francisco, she was a horrific Attorney General of California, she was a relatively unaccomplished senator, and now she's been a terrible VP, so the answer to your question is be afraid, be very afraid of Kamala Harris. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 6:57 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

Well then, if you reputation for havinag any insightfullness has only real time faiure as to you predicting anything correctly!!

In January, President Biden wrote that he wouldn’t "…allow extreme Republicans to hand out massive giveaways… while raising your costs and cutting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid." He’s doing exactly that just months later. 

Despite warnings from both Republicans and Democrats, the Biden administration’s Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services finalized cuts to the popular and effective Medicare Advantage (MA) program. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

In January, President Biden wrote that he wouldn’t "…allow extreme Republicans to hand out massive giveaways… while raising your costs and cutting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid." He’s doing exactly that just months later. 

Despite warnings from both Republicans and Democrats, the Biden administration’s Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services finalized cuts to the popular and effective Medicare Advantage (MA) program. 

I left them too in 2017. The entire time paying the premiums they payed just 37$, partial payment. That went towards an Internationa physical billing. Worst insurance buy in ever for me.

Edited by earlinclaifornia